First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Jeeps should have tops...blue tarp and a few bungees.
Sponsored

PuppyJeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Definitely worrisome. I have a friend that works in sales for a large plastics supplier and she says it's still a nightmare and she's hasn't been allowed to generate any new business since end of April. I still have hope Jeep won't be in as bad of shape as Ford, though.
Does anybody know what happened at the end of April 2021? That's exactly when I saw my lead times grow from 10 days to 120+ (Ice machine industry)

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Does anybody know what happened at the end of April 2021? That's exactly when I saw my lead times grow from 10 days to 120+ (Ice machine industry)
Are you kidding? It's been posted over and over.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
There's actually a "supply chain" issue with fiberglass & associated components right now. It's possible that the sales guy is correct.
Yeah I know it's impacting the boat manufactures in a big way.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The question was end of April, the freeze happened in February. Obviously things take time to shake out but my sincere apologies for failing to read your mind.
Just trying to provide a response to your question, with the links so you could read about the issue.

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
He was baiting you.
Totally agree. Common tactic. Buy now because you will miss out later and right now we can guarantee you what you want. They told me I wouldn't get a cold-weather package in the future because "Jeeps have a great heater already". Former untrue (I got one), latter true too.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Can you get a non hybrid 3.6 with auto?
they don’t make it without the Hybrid. I will be selling my 2019 with 27K (current miles) as soon as my 2022 Diesel come in. You will need to go used.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I was at a dealer yesterday to test drive a 4 banger JL. The sales person told me there won't be any hard top wranglers anytime soon. Said the plastic for the hard top is not available. Hope that is not true and he was baiting me to buy the 2018 I test drove.
BTW, loved the power and smooth shifting on the 2 liter turbo / auto combo.
That is ridiculous and you can tell him Scott said so. Most have a hardtop that is why jeep suckers us out of 1500 dollars. They are far cheaper to make than a soft top I am sure.

Deleted member 35398

Global means everyone (FCA)...not a single person (salesman)

"Manufacturers who use resins for everything from plastic straws to industrial pipes, car parts and heart valves are facing higher prices and increased supply chain hiccups that could persist for years. And the pandemic is only partly to blame...

As it stands now, more than 60% of manufacturers are reporting resin shortages..." - https://www.supplychaindive.com/news/resin-costs-plastic-manufacturers-industrial-buyer/605793/

https://blog.ferriot.com/blog/resin-crisis
Interesting article. Thanks for the link. This statement sums it up well: "Resin is the new semiconductor."

OP
OP
Gaffer

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
they don’t make it without the Hybrid. I will be selling my 2019 with 27K (current miles) as soon as my 2022 Diesel come in. You will need to go used.
Drove the 2 liter turbo and loved it. Selling my TJ in May. Right after Moab. Getting a 2022 Rubicon in Hydro Blue.

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
This doesn't answer my question. Can I get a 3.6 and automatic without the hybrid? I don't have anything against the hybrid. I just need the seats to fold flatter than they do with the battery box.
You could ....at least for a while when ordering 2021's.....I have one! Two door Willys Sport.

such9

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Just order one from Peterson (Kent was great on two of my orders) or another volume dealer such as Gupton/Chapman for well under invoice (which is already discounted almost 7% from MSRP). Then ship or fly and drive back. Should save you about 13% from MSRP roughly, minus the fee to get it home of course. Even on high side, it's $1500 open carrier to ship across the entire US.
Yes Chapman quoting 10% off msrp to order 22 for Rubicon 392 way I wanted it and no money down or out of pocket.
Sponsored