Sponsored

2022 392 Stripper?

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Definitely not a rich persons car.

That would be a Demoncon.. Hellcat on tons with big meats.
Sponsored

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
For 2022 Jeep should offer a stripped down 392 Rubicon option with cloth seats and without all the expensive tech for $60k or less.

How awesome would that be? They would sell a boat load. How many of you would buy one? I'm pretty sure I would!!

Let's hope and pray They do!! Jeep are you listening?
I love my JLUSD! I would have not sold my paid for '18 JLUS if I even had to bump up to the "S" model. Being a Bottom Feeder, I'm not into those "Packages" You want to pay for half of the package: & don't want the rest even if they gave it to you. "S" models bump it up $3,000, & don't want any of it.

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
I just wish you could get 4:10 gear option for Sports :)
And while we're at it a 4:56 option for Rubicons
You get a 3.73 with a diesel Sport. Rubicon 4.56 comes in a package.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
You get a 3.73 with a diesel Sport. Rubicon 4.56 comes in a package.
Why not just give us gearing options? I wanted 410’s , Nope, 373’s or XR with 456’s . If I had a long commute I might have wanted 343’s. You get choices on a PU , why not a Jeep?

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I'd consider it. If it didn't have the 2.72 t case and cv axles. Give me 2wd and the Rubicon transfer case.

Let me decide the fate of my drivetrain! Lol.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I was told by someone who works with Stellantis that the 392 jeep won’t be around after 2022
I use to hear rumors like this on the Challenger forum about the Hellcat. Everyone thought is was going to be a collector's item. Said they would only make it for 1 or 2 years max. People where scrambling to get one. The prices where through the roof. 🤣

8 years later now and it's going strong with multiple variants like the Demon , Super Stock and Red eyes.

The Jeep 392 will be exactly the same. I expect multiple variants and less expensive options. This is just the beginning!!

Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I would be interested if along with other frills they dropped the 2 extra doors.
Agreed. I'd be into it as a 2 door with some less gadgets in a price range of 55-60K. I'd honestly take less Rubicon type options for a V8.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Agreed. I'd be into it as a 2 door with some less gadgets in a price range of 55-60K. I'd honestly take less Rubicon type options for a V8.
I would give up my manual transmission if they forced me into a auto to have the V8 for a 2 door stripper Rubicon 392.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I use to hear rumors like this on the Challenger forum about the Hellcat. Everyone thought is was going to be a collector's item. Said they would only make it for 1 or 2 years max. People where scrambling to get one. The prices where through the roof. 🤣

8 years later now and it's going strong with multiple variants like the Demon , Super Stock and Red eyes.

The Jeep 392 will be exactly the same. I expect multiple variants and less expensive options. This is just the beginning!!
While I can’t argue with you that the 392 might not be a collectors item, it’s definitely not going to be like the Challenger.

We would be lucky to see five years, but I highly doubt we will see it past the mid cycle refresh. Eight years just won’t happen. We’re in a different era and while full electric is still some time off, plug-in hybrid and fuel efficient natural combustion engines will replace bad for the environment, fuel thirsty V8s like the 392 not just in the jeep but in the Durango, challenger, and the charger.

Remember this isn’t just my opinion this is the actual roadmap of the new executive team at Stellantis. Their goal is to dismantle all of these large style V8s as they begin to transition to electric. Does that mean it will happen tomorrow? No. But we’re definitely not getting eight years.

On a sidenote. A challenger with a full electric motor is a disgrace to the name in my opinion. And I don’t even hate electric cars.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
It seems most manufacturers try to keep the high perf engines exclusive to their flagship models. It helps keep the flagship models more exclusive.

The guys bitching about Jeep not offering a lower trim with the 392 just sound salty. We asked for a v8, we got it...and now your gonna complain it wasn't offered JUST how you want it. Looks to me like you have a couple choices if you want the 392.

One_off

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2d Gecko Gr + 2021 Rubicon 2 White
When I was a kid I bought a firebird formula because the Trans Am was totally out of my price range. Formula got me a nice sounding V8 without all the T/A goodies I could not afford. Would be nice to be back to these days, but when manufacturers can't even produce what they need, then they are not going to do us any favors like this.
Sponsored