bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2021 JLUR. The FCW system does not seem to be working. I went in to the system menu, it is on. I turned it off and got a warning on the dash that it was off. I turned it back on and got a message saying it was on. i messed with the distance and moved it from stop and warn to just warn (where it is now) and it seems no matter how close I get to another vehicle, it never goes off.

The adaptive cruise works fine, I would assume the systems share components. I of course went through all of my fuses to make sure they were set when I got it. I have ridden up on a few other cars at speed much closer than I ever would normally and nothing happens, no warning light - nothing.

It is not a big deal as I only bought the system for the adaptive cruise control anyway, but just thought I would check.

The Jeep has 360 miles on it and is stock. I appreciate any thoughts on this...
Sponsored

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
I have a 2019 JLU. From day one I found the FCW very spotty. You can search some threads on this. Mine only seems to go off if you are approaching another car that is stopped and you are approaching it at a faster speed. Egg. A car in front of you is turning and you are approaching quickly but know you are going to go around. Not a Wrangler but good video.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
There has to be significant speed differential between the object you will potentially collide with and your Jeep for it to intervene.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had FCW on my 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT: it would get spooked by its own shadow when I drove the car a little spiritedly. It would even go off driving inside a parking structure!

The FCW on Toyota Tacomas are know to freak out when you lift the truck; something about changing the distance between the sensor and the ground sends the system haywire.

I don't trust those things. That is why I purposely skipped on the option.

Hope you get yours figured out.

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 3.6 eTorque
My 21 JLUW has FCW as well. I completely forgot it was an installed option until a few days ago. Car in front of us slammed on his brakes to avoid a squirrel of all things and at that moment I got a loud beep followed by automatic braking. The cluster also said something about collision warning. Fortunately I was able to steer around the moron. Glad it worked.

Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Exactly. Have had this feature on vehicles from other manufacturers (Audi, Mercedes) and creeping up to an object does not activate it.
Most notable for me when car in front of me slows to near stop to turn and I’m closing in at 30mph knowing I have a clear lane to the left to move over into. Before I make the move, the vehicle pumps the brakes. Can be annoying but I’d rather deal with the annoyance and keep the extra layer of safety. 👍.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Never had a false alarm, but I have had an alert sound once. Works great. looking forward to not actually testing the braking assist.

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate it everyone thanks! I am going to assume it is working and really I only bought it for the fantastic adaptive cruise control that works beautifully!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate it everyone thanks! I am going to assume it is working and really I only bought it for the fantastic adaptive cruise control that works beautifully!
Adaptive cruise uses all the same system components as forward collision. If one is working, the other shouldn't have a problem. Depending on how you have the sensitivity set, it'll only trigger when it senses an approach towards a slower or stopped object in you path while not sensing any manual braking input from you.

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, there is NO DOUBT the system works! Had someone zip right in front of me and stop, I saw it but before I could react that alert went off. One thing is for sure - It WILL get your attention quick!

I guess my normal relaxed "leave lots of room" driving style just never triggered it before.
Sponsored