Forward collision warning.

• Thread starter Deleted member 29342
  • Start date
  • Watchers 9
OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

David,
I agree. Mine stopped while the system was OFF. Go get the software updates.

F3FCA56C-AABC-4BB6-930B-6C81C1CF7D2A.png
I was at the dealer about 2 weeks ago and they didn’t say anything about updates
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah, the collision warning system is the worst thing on the freaking planet. Also, the blind spot monitoring constantly beeping at me when I'm making a turn when there are two turning lanes filled w/ traffic. I had none of those problems in my 2015 BMW.
You can turn the beeping off. It's in the settings on the radio.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
You can turn the beeping off. It's in the settings on the radio.
Yeah, I know. On other vehicles with an audible chime I have not seen that issue. Must just be Chrysler. It's not a huge complaint overall just annoying.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Mine been ok. I don’t shut it off bc it actually save me one time so I’ll deal with it been sometimes faulty because in the end it will work when you least expect it.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, if this is true, just tear out the ABS, the Airbags, seatbelts, rollbars, LSDs...you'll have a much lighter Jeep and you'll be SUPER attentive.
This is true. My old YJ didn’t have ABS, airbags, or an LSD. It only had disk brakes in the front. It was quite light, roughly 3400 lbs. It periodically lost all power (including the brakes) and completely shut off while driving on the highway until I finally tracked down that issue to a loose PCM that would randomly kill the jeep at speed.

I was the most attentive driver on the road. Rolling death trap...

Sponsored

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Two eyeballs and a brain are all the collision avoidance system you need. If you feel you need more than that, maybe you should reconsider driving altogether...

Now that I've rustled your jimmies; here's a little something to make nice-nice. Petting Llamas available in the lobby, enjoy the show.
Sponsored