• Watchers 9

jplusk

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Ordering a 2020, is it possible to get the blind spot monitoring in the advanced safety group and NOT get the adaptive cruise control? I believe this was possible in the 2019s.

Thanks!
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Ordering a 2020, is it possible to get the blind spot monitoring in the advanced safety group and NOT get the adaptive cruise control? I believe this was possible in the 2019s.

Thanks!
Advanced safety group is just FCW and ACC. Blind spot detection is part of the "regular" safety group.

jplusk

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Ok the dealer told me “When building this order, SAFETY GROUP IS REQUIRED TO BE ADDED WHEN ADDING ADVANCED SAFETY GROUP.”

So I guess it’s possible to have the regular safety group on its own. But to get to advanced you have to add the regular first?

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
These are all good reasons for why I didn't include it in my order.

Thank you for validating my decision!
My thoughts exactly! This is one of the reasons I had to order a 2020. All of the 2019's, loaded the way I wanted, had this option. Nooooooooo thank you.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Ok the dealer told me “When building this order, SAFETY GROUP IS REQUIRED TO BE ADDED WHEN ADDING ADVANCED SAFETY GROUP.”

So I guess it’s possible to have the regular safety group on its own. But to get to advanced you have to add the regular first?
So 2 things...
1 - The buying guide doesn't say that the ASG requires the SG, but I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean much.
2 - I don't see why the ASG would require the SG, I'm pretty sure there are no shared components so it shouldn't really matter.

Sponsored

NJWrkDvr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
2019 JLUR here. I've had all of these issues happen, and one worse.

I've had the Rubi stop on the lower level of the George Washington from a small stream of water coming from the upper level. Luckily, no traffic behind me and I reduced the sensitivity. Later that same day, Rubi thought the column of an overhead pass was stopped traffic and it engaged the auto stop until I aimed the jeep into the other lane, and it let go. I turned OFF the active braking system. Two weeks ago while raining, system was Beeping & dash said BRAKE, but brakes did not engage. I pulled over and restarted the Rubi and it was fine. Last week, going through the lower level of the Verrazano Bridge during rush hour traffic, Rubi did full stop WITH THE SYSTEM OFF as it thought tiny dripping of water from upper level was an obstacle. SUV behind me stopped in time, albeit, sideways. I called Jeep Care immediately afterwards to let them know that if they find me dead in the Rubi from being rear-ended to look at that system. They said that they did not see any recalls on my vehicle, but to take it to the dealer to pull codes. I went yesterday. Dealer reviewed codes. No issues found. They then found the electrical software update from November 2019 and they updated the PCM, EPS and the DASM.

I'll let you know if the updates worked, but if you haven't gotten them done, go. Remember, my system was turned off and it saved the life of that water drip, but nearly killed me and the driver behind me.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My forward braking system slammed the brakes on in a parking garage heading up a ramp with literally NOTHING around me. ...... it did it once..... and that was enough for me. I turned it off. I am sick of being a tech beta tester for companies. My nephew was almost rear ended when his Ram slammed on the brakes for no reason. He turned it off immediately too. The story repeats several times with others that I know.

FCA should be embarrassed_

NJWrkDvr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
My forward braking system slammed the brakes on in a parking garage heading up a ramp with literally NOTHING around me. ...... it did it once..... and that was enough for me. I turned it off. I am sick of being a tech beta tester for companies. My nephew was almost rear ended when his Ram slammed on the brakes for no reason. He turned it off immediately too. The story repeats several times with others that I know.

FCA should be embarrassed_
David,
I agree. Mine stopped while the system was OFF. Go get the software updates.

F3FCA56C-AABC-4BB6-930B-6C81C1CF7D2A.png

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
David,
I agree. Mine stopped while the system was OFF. Go get the software updates.

F3FCA56C-AABC-4BB6-930B-6C81C1CF7D2A.png
Great info, Jim, thanks.

howver, my 2020 build date is Oct 20, 2019. So, it already should have this “patch”.

NJWrkDvr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Great info, Jim, thanks.

howver, my 2020 build date is Oct 20, 2019. So, it already should have this “patch”.
gotcha. I agree then, that's not good. if you take it to the dealer to look at, let us know if they did update the software. Thanks.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
gotcha. I agree then, that's not good. if you take it to the dealer to look at, let us know if they did update the software. Thanks.
10-4.

if it happens again — with the damn thing OFF — I will post in this thread.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Can you adjust sensitivity? My collision warning JUST went off.]
Yes, you can. It can be done in Uconnect.... same place you turn it off.

to me, the damn thing is still beta. I am not going to have my Jeep’s software cause me to create a wreck. So, I turned it off. If you wish to try “sensitivity” first, feel free.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yeah, the collision warning system is the worst thing on the freaking planet. Also, the blind spot monitoring constantly beeping at me when I'm making a turn when there are two turning lanes filled w/ traffic. I had none of those problems in my 2015 BMW.
Sponsored