Sponsored

2021 Bronco electronics crap out during light off-roading

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Not good. Jump to about 17:00. Bronco's electronics crap out and won't let this guy shift back in to 2Hi after some light off-roading. Requires a full power down and engine re-start. I'm almost starting to think these things aren't ready for prime time.

Sponsored

Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Good example of why people dislike technology in vehicles they rely on to get them back home when they're in the middle of nowhere. I know it makes your life easier, but it's only easier if you're in a city or have a dealer nearby.

Jeeps also have a ton of technology too, which is on my mind. I'm hoping that Jeep took that into consideration and would at least be able to limp back home just to get you back to the dealer. Sure, the transfer case takes some practice and muscle, but at least it's still mechanical. It may grind, it may pop out, but at least you still have some control over that still.

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Reminds me of when the Land Rover LR3 came out years ago.
A friend of mine worked at LR, so we got a weekend trip off roading in the desert with them.
On one particularly challenging spot, the electronic suspension system crashed and the vehicle lowered itself all the way down which rested the underbody on the sharp rocks.
We had to disconnect the battery terminals to get it working again.
Another reason I would never buy an off road vehicle like the new Defender that used electronic suspension.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Good example of why people dislike technology in vehicles they rely on to get them back home when they're in the middle of nowhere. I know it makes your life easier, but it's only easier if you're in a city or have a dealer nearby.

Jeeps also have a ton of technology too, which is on my mind. I'm hoping that Jeep took that into consideration and would at least be able to limp back home just to get you back to the dealer. Sure, the transfer case takes some practice and muscle, but at least it's still mechanical. It may grind, it may pop out, but at least you still have some control over that still.
Some control yes but the stupid FCA front axle disconnect is completely out of your control. You may or may not get 4wd, the mechanical lever is a placebo.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Regarding the video, is anyone else surprised by how bouncy that thing is? Easy enough looking trail and that thing is rocking side to side like its suspension is made of marshmallows.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Some control yes but the stupid FCA front axle disconnect is completely out of your control. You may or may not get 4wd, the mechanical lever is a placebo.
Can confirm, got stranded on the beach once because the FAD wouldn't engage for some unknown reason.
Sponsored