New 2022 Bronco. Watch out Wrangler.

RER

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Be thankful for the Bronco humans. If they wanted Jeeps, we would have to wait longer for our orders to be filled… Also, everyone has an opinion for whatever the reason, and if someone wants to drive around in a vehicle which resembles a “Checker Cab Station Wagon”, then I think it’s perfectly acceptable…
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
“New 2022 Bronco. Watch out Wrangler”

I’ve been reading through the posts in this thread and have come to only one conclusion: The only way the title of this thread makes sense is if it is heading straight for me at highway speed in the same lane of traffic. Other than that, really nothing to watch out for. Jeeps are better. End of thread.
Not entirely true. You could also be downhill from it.

Screenshot_20220101-222755_Instagram.jpg

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I talked a lot of smack about the Bronco on this forum, but after test driving one last week, I placed an order. I think the Bronco is ugly, can't stand the dash, don't like the push button 4wd, but the way it handles on the highway and roomier interior sold me and my wife. It does 70mph as smooth as my Pacifica. I am going to try to get the new steering box installed, and I also have the MOPAR LCAs to install to see if I can get the Jeep to handle better, and we'll see.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I talked a lot of smack about the Bronco on this forum, but after test driving one last week, I placed an order. I think the Bronco is ugly, can't stand the dash, don't like the push button 4wd, but the way it handles on the highway and roomier interior sold me and my wife. It does 70mph as smooth as my Pacifica. I am going to try to get the new steering box installed, and I also have the MOPAR LCAs to install to see if I can get the Jeep to handle better, and we'll see.
And you did not consider the new 2022 Cherokee Trailhawk?

Sponsored

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392 * '20 Hemi JT * CJ5 * CJ7
Occupation
Realtor
Oh look, another “I saw a new Bronco sitting in a parking lot and, believe me, Jeep better look out!” post 🥱

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
So, the Bronco is basically the new Ford Pacifica?

VBking

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JL
You buy a Wrangler because the are tried and true...people just love them. You buy a Bronco because its a "new" vehicle, got the hype and you know how new attracts people. Personally, I LOVE my Wrangler and the other 2 I had in the past
I will also keep my resale value, thank you very much..

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I entertained the idea and had a reservation in 7/20. I canceled in October after hearing of the production getting pushed back another year +. I thought it might make a good second off road vehicle for my wife to drive on our expeditions.

After production started and hearing of people breaking them, it was just a bit more reassuring that I got her a Rubicon instead. Then I briefly worked at a Ford dealership in parts. They said don’t buy a Ford right now and then…I felt like I dodged a bullet. Lots of recalls and TSB’s making my previous loose steering sound tame.

In total, out of the 81k combined miles on the 19 and 21 Wranglers, my 19 needed a USB, a rear driver door panel had a pencil eraser sized bubble in the vinyl, and then the steering gearbox TSB on the 19 which 75% resolved any loose steering. I don’t even notice it anymore. No sawing the steering wheel back and forth here. I’d say it’s just a hair looser than the perfect ‘21 steering. I’ve driven old classic cars/trucks so it’s great to me.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Holy $hit another Bronco thread on the Wrangler forum... go figure. Who cares... I guess I do... enough to bitch about it anyway.
I'm sure plenty of Bronco owners will fret over scratched wheels while us Wrangler owners are trashing them on the rocks and calling it character. Heck, I'm sure the soccer mom Wrangler owners fret too but I view them the same as Bronco owners anyway.
But OP, seriously... WHY. What is the point of this thread? To scare us that our Jeeps have "competition" from an IFS, plastic turd that looks like Helen Keller designed the soft top?
Who cares.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Holy $hit another Bronco thread on the Wrangler forum... go figure. Who cares... I guess I do... enough to bitch about it anyway.
I'm sure plenty of Bronco owners will fret over scratched wheels while us Wrangler owners are trashing them on the rocks and calling it character. Heck, I'm sure the soccer mom Wrangler owners fret too but I view them the same as Bronco owners anyway.
But OP, seriously... WHY. What is the point of this thread? To scare us that our Jeeps have "competition" from an IFS, plastic turd that looks like Helen Keller designed the soft top?
Who cares.
Blind girls need loving too.
😎

UniqueUserName

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Wrangler YJ, 2022 JLUR-XR
I’m sure some will like to talk about it, but the majority, myself included, could care less about Ford’s wanna be Wrangler clone.
Someone is sure expending a lot of energy and a lot of words about a topic/vehicle that they couldn't care less about.

Just making an observation.
Sponsored