Sponsored

2020 Wishlist

RuralMailLady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 RHD Cherokee
Right hand drive for the US market!!
My '97 Cherokee is getting expensive to maintain, needing transmission work and a few other things.

It would also be nice to be able to get a few upgrades on the US RHD model. In previous years it's been limited to a basic, no frills Sport.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Right hand drive for the US market!!
My '97 Cherokee is getting expensive to maintain, needing transmission work and a few other things.

It would also be nice to be able to get a few upgrades on the US RHD model. In previous years it's been limited to a basic, no frills Sport.
I was going to say, what are you a mail carrier??

Then i saw your username lol. Do you drive your own vehicle for work?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I hope Punk'n is still available for order, and would love the front trail cam from the JT. Cooled seats would be amazing here in AZ, but not a requirement. Would also be nice if the Rubicon comes with all the Fox shocks and stabilizer from the JT as well. As long as it has the updated steering components that are being released I am good otherwise.

At first I was really hoping for the 3.0 eco, but now I think I want to stick with the KISS principle as much as possible. A 3.6 without bsg will be fine. (We debated the 3.0 or the 2.0, but much more complex).

I will wait another week or so for 2020 details, it really there are no deal breakers for me from the 2019 to 2020 as far as I know So really my biggest item will be color. We all really like the Punk'n, so if it looks like that won't be a 2020 color my new replacement order will be a 2019. I am hopeful since the JT has Punk'n as late availability, so I doubt they are getting rid of the color at least for some time.
They're keeping Punk'n and should be orderable in July. At least, that was according to my guy at Chapman where I ordered my JLU from back in January of this year. Bummer that you have to order a new one. But I guess it's kind of cool that you got to try it out first and now order to spec again.

RuralMailLady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 RHD Cherokee
I was going to say, what are you a mail carrier??

Then i saw your username lol. Do you drive your own vehicle for work?
Yes, I drive my own vehicle, 7 years with the USPS. I started out with an 04 Chevy Venture, driven from the middle. After one winter in Illinois, I realized 4x4 was a necessity. I switched to an 02 Dodge Durango. Beast of a vehicle but driving from the middle beats up your shoulders and elbows.
I've had my 97 Cherokee RHD for about 18 months, and I've put a good chunk of change into it already, and it's needing more. I am impatiently waiting for the US RHD, as are a lot of rural carriers. Mixed responses from Jeep and Jeep dealers as to whether we will be able to get them in the 2020 model, have to wait several years, or they won't be available to us any longer.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Yes, I drive my own vehicle, 7 years with the USPS. I started out with an 04 Chevy Venture, driven from the middle. After one winter in Illinois, I realized 4x4 was a necessity. I switched to an 02 Dodge Durango. Beast of a vehicle but driving from the middle beats up your shoulders and elbows.
I've had my 97 Cherokee RHD for about 18 months, and I've put a good chunk of change into it already, and it's needing more. I am impatiently waiting for the US RHD, as are a lot of rural carriers. Mixed responses from Jeep and Jeep dealers as to whether we will be able to get them in the 2020 model, have to wait several years, or they won't be available to us any longer.
Did they offer the JK in rhd?

What about the old postal jeeps you can buy used? Or not really feasible?

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My MDX’s steering is fine.

Did that offend you? With hundreds of pages of steering complaints on here, I’m hoping to get a 2020 model that we don’t have to worry about constantly bringing to the dealer to fix.

Besides that, new color options would be great. Personally, would not want a 3.6 BSG.
No steering problems on my 19. Maybe you should talk to people or drive one. I test drove the Gladiator and it had excellent steering as well. Just too long for me.

RuralMailLady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 RHD Cherokee
Did they offer the JK in rhd?

What about the old postal jeeps you can buy used? Or not really feasible?
JKs were available in RHD. I've been shopping for a used one, but prices are barely less than new.

I know from experience what 80 plus miles of driving with 500 plus stops and turning the ignition on/off 50 plus times a day 6 days a week does to a vehicle.
The old postal Jeeps are cute, but with Amazon deliveries of 50 lb bags of dog food, generators, foam mattresses, and even the kitchen sink including mail for 537 houses, space is a necessity.

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
No steering problems on my 19. Maybe you should talk to people or drive one. I test drove the Gladiator and it had excellent steering as well. Just too long for me.
We did a few weeks ago. A 2019 model. Steering wasn’t terrible but noticeable in the wandering. However, I forgot to check the tire pressure.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
What are you hoping for from the '20 JL? BSG? Static Pricing? New colors? Tire choices? Wheels? New accessories?

I would looooove a Rubicon with a Selec-Trac transfer case. I know, I can configure a Moab (and now an Altitude) to get close, but too many differences. Europe gets the full-time 4WD on their Rubis, so I want one.

How about you?
Give us a height adjustment for the front passenger seat that matches the drivers seat you cheap bastards!

Sponsored

ijp4fun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05LJ 2015 Cherokee 2024 JLURX
I hope they offer a lifetime powertrain warranty. After my 05 LJ lost the camshaft / opda at 19,000 miles and CFA refused to do anything about it because it was just past the time limit, a lifetime powertrain warranty might make me a buyer.
A better color selection would be nice also. Something in the light brown, mocha, white gold spectrum would work.
Are you listening Jeep Cares? :)

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
I hope Punk'n is still available for order, and would love the front trail cam from the JT. Cooled seats would be amazing here in AZ, but not a requirement. Would also be nice if the Rubicon comes with all the Fox shocks and stabilizer from the JT as well. As long as it has the updated steering components that are being released I am good otherwise.

At first I was really hoping for the 3.0 eco, but now I think I want to stick with the KISS principle as much as possible. A 3.6 without bsg will be fine. (We debated the 3.0 or the 2.0, but much more complex).

I will wait another week or so for 2020 details, it really there are no deal breakers for me from the 2019 to 2020 as far as I know So really my biggest item will be color. We all really like the Punk'n, so if it looks like that won't be a 2020 color my new replacement order will be a 2019. I am hopeful since the JT has Punk'n as late availability, so I doubt they are getting rid of the color at least for some time.
It sounds like we're looking for the same vehicle. I'd also be OK with a desert tan, but high vis orange would be first choice. Some of those JT updated features would be nice to have.

19JLRuby

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
System Engineer
A permanent way to disable ESS or memory option
Sponsored