2019 Wrangler Lease

CWWatkins

First Name
CAREY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 SILVERADO, 2017 TAHOE
Does anyone know when there will be a lease program for the 2019 Wrangler? I ordered mine and it’s about to ship. I would rather lease than purchase.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know when there will be a lease program for the 2019 Wrangler? I ordered mine and it’s about to ship. I would rather lease than purchase.
I am not sure but most dealerships now have the option to 'chat' or 'text' when going to their website via mobile. Just ask one of them in the internet sales dept.

jaxcjdr.com

^^Our dealership has that option.

Other than the benefit of a lower payment; Why would you want to lease?

Or is your plan to lease it and then buy it?

I had originally thought about leasing mine and then buying it but just said screw it and took the plunge.

Leases have a lot more restrictions in terms of 'Mods' vice purchasing and dealing with your warranty.

MushMouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL hopeful
I am not sure but most dealerships now have the option to 'chat' or 'text' when going to their website via mobile. Just ask one of them in the internet sales dept.

jaxcjdr.com

^^Our dealership has that option.

Other than the benefit of a lower payment; Why would you want to lease?

Or is your plan to lease it and then buy it?

I had originally thought about leasing mine and then buying it but just said screw it and took the plunge.

Leases have a lot more restrictions in terms of 'Mods' vice purchasing and dealing with your warranty.
Not OP - but for someone on the fence about jumping into the "Jeep pool" at all, based on concern about quality issues, leasing provides a bit of insurance.

I REALLY want a Jeep, but what's holding me back are the stories about poor steering, rusting welds, missing welds, electrical failures, etc.

I know those are rare - but leasing a Wrangler would provide just a bit of insurance against something significant going wrong (that a dealership might refuse to address by saying, "It's a Jeep thing") during your first three years.

If you get a "good one," as most of them are, you can always purchase at the end of the lease.

Yes, it's more expensive than buying outright - but for some of us, the peace of mind may be worth it.

(Again, speaking only for me, not for OP.)

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not OP - but for someone on the fence about jumping into the "Jeep pool" at all, based on concern about quality issues, leasing provides a bit of insurance.

I REALLY want a Jeep, but what's holding me back are the stories about poor steering, rusting welds, missing welds, electrical failures, etc.

I know those are rare - but leasing a Wrangler would provide just a bit of insurance against something significant going wrong (that a dealership might refuse to address by saying, "It's a Jeep thing") during your first three years.

If you get a "good one," as most of them are, you can always purchase at the end of the lease.

Yes, it's more expensive than buying outright - but for some of us, the peace of mind may be worth it.

(Again, speaking only for me, not for OP.)
I get it believe me. It is nice to know that if anything goes wrong you just pull it in and you're good to go and if they cant fix it, they will put you in another brand new one or get you into something else, however, it would literally kill me to know that for at least (3) years I couldn't do anything to it basically at all.

I did quite a bit of research before purchasing and I don't view the JL's as plagued with issues.

Sure, there is an "issues" thread in this forum and others but 99% of what is posted in those sections is exactly that.

You go to a BMW/Lexus/Audi forums and look at their Issues threads, same thing..

I have leased vehicles before and they are VERY restrictive and for good reason. If you don't plan on doing anything to your Jeep (which is basically an anomaly) then a lease is the way to go.

OP
OP

CWWatkins

First Name
CAREY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 SILVERADO, 2017 TAHOE
I would lease it then buy it or sell it if something new comes out but in the mean time I’m not paying interest on the whole vehicle or sales tax on the vehicle only the payments. I would not be turning the vehicle back in at the end. Chances are the residual based value is lower than actual cash value. I do plan on modifying it and lifting it so I would either be trading it selling it or buying it in the end with the Mods.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I would lease it then buy it or sell it if something new comes out but in the mean time I’m not paying interest on the whole vehicle or sales tax on the vehicle only the payments. I would not be turning the vehicle back in at the end. Chances are the residual based value is lower than actual cash value. I do plan on modifying it and lifting it so I would either be trading it selling it or buying it in the end with the Mods.
That’s probably the best way to go and exactly what I was looking at doing. That lower payment looked real nice LOL

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The issue becomes this:

When you modify the vehicle using aftermarket parts, even in a lease, there are restrictions that will void certain maintenance things that would have been normally covered under the lease agreement.

So you lose that “sense of security” that one looks for in a lease option.

Now, if the goal is to take the lease option for the lower payment and the residual is there, then you should have no issues.

I saw a thread in the build section where this guy totally overhauled his lease JLUR and I was just thinking in my mind “I wonder what kind of $h!t the dealership is giving him every time he is bringing it in for the service calls” lol

Also, another worry is mile/miles/miles..

Try to go for the 3 years 20k. They say they can’t do it but they can cause Ive done it with Toyota in the past.

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
Wranglers can lease really well, especially the Sports.

The Wrangler is one of the few vehicles that you buy with little money down and still not be upside down when you're ready to get rid of it.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Wranglers can lease really well, especially the Sports.

The Wrangler is one of the few vehicles that you buy with little money down and still not be upside down when you're ready to get rid of it.
I purchased my Unlimited Sport, went home and pulled it up on KBB and NADA and my price out the door with extended warranty and taxes/tags was 6k below what they are valued at so good deal there. The residuals are really good depending on where you live. Here in Florida a used Jeep with 100k miles on it costs almost as much as a brand new Jeep lol

Just be careful with modding. Ask these questions if you’re thinking of leasing.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Sponsored

lagunajim

I wonder if the question is, " Will there be a manufacturer-supported lease or loan offer? "

When sales aren't so good, manufacturers add incentives to move the vehicles along - usually a rebate OR a great interest rate on a loan / great lease rate. Manufacturer doesn't care what form the incentive goes out as, just so long as the vehicle moves!

I once bought a Rubicon with 0.0% financing for 5 years. Because Chrysler was subsidizing the loan and sales were bad.

Right now, sales are booming so FCA isn't offering any incentives at all on Wranglers (that I'm aware of), and I wouldn't expect any this year.

Nevertheless one can ALWAYS finance a vehicle via loan or lease - just about rates and terms.

p.s. if you want a Cherokee however . . .

Window 2018-11-18 19_41_51.jpg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I wonder if the question is, " Will there be a manufacturer-supported lease or loan offer? "

When sales aren't so good, manufacturers add incentives to move the vehicles along - usually a rebate OR a great interest rate on a loan / great lease rate. Manufacturer doesn't care what form the incentive goes out as, just so long as the vehicle moves!

I once bought a Rubicon with 0.0% financing for 5 years. Because Chrysler was subsidizing the loan and sales were bad.

Right now, sales are booming so FCA isn't offering any incentives at all on Wranglers (that I'm aware of), and I wouldn't expect any this year.

Nevertheless one can ALWAYS finance a vehicle via loan or lease - just about rates and terms.

p.s. if you want a Cherokee however . . .

Window 2018-11-18 19_41_51.jpg
I wonder also? No holding my breath. lol. Dealers are trying to get traffic in show rooms. Chicago area dealers are offering $50 VISA cash card if you test drive a new Wrangler before Dec 1, 2018. I got $50 a few months ago for driving a Cherokee. I was actually there to drive a 2.0 JL and the sales guy offered the cash card if I drove the Cherokee. Took it around the block and they sent a $50 card out. There usually is $300 cash during the auto show too.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Wranglers have traditionally not had incentives other than the $500 military.

Be very careful when they advertise lease specials. They are almost always not special at all - just pre-packaged lease deals put that are worse than the standard lease deal and usually require significant money up front.

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
Wranglers have traditionally not had incentives other than the $500 military.

Be very careful when they advertise lease specials. They are almost always not special at all - just pre-packaged lease deals put that are worse than the standard lease deal and usually require significant money up front.
And almost always those leases are not based on the price at invoice or below.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
And almost always those leases are not based on the price at invoice or below.
Yes. The most important key to getting a good lease deal is to negotiate a low sales price first!
Sponsored