Sponsored

JL Lease ...get now or wait 2019 models?

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC Yukon Denali, 2011 BMW X5 Diesel
Howdy all

Former Tacoma/4Runner owner here and always gave a side look to Jeep and now thinking to trade in my diesel X5 and lease a Sahara/Rubicon 4 door JL (no preference ..whichever would be considered the better deal).

I know the new turbo engine is coming out soon and the 2019 may have it. Would Dec be a better time to lease a 2018? Or current mid year offers be ideal for a lease? I'm in Sacramento region BTW. Or just go for a 2019 JL lease?

Won't be really doing any serious offloading but mainly for hiking/roadtrips/camping, etc and I make a road trip from CA to Oregon once a year to see relatives in Portland.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

Plasterboard

First Name
Dryw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited
From my understanding the cut off day for JL 2018 MY is July 19. Also many will likely tell you that if you lease towards end of MY you will likely have a lower residual value this increasing your monthly payments because at that point in the eyes of the ā€œaverage consumerā€ you now have a brand new 2018 st what is essentially 2019 and people just see ā€œ2018ā€ and ā€œ2019ā€ and donā€™t see that it we actually manufactured in late 2018.

I personally think you should do what you think is best for you financially. Will the next MY of a new design have more bugs worked out? Probably. Will it likely have its own share of new bugs? Probably.

New 2019 wrangler I would assume would have a higher price than 2018 of sale model. That could potentially balance out the higher cost of a higher end of year lease vs the higher cost of a new MY.

My opinion is if the 2018 have the color, design, and options or packages you want - do it. Some people are always going to say wait, and I feel like Iā€™ve done that a lot of my life but there comes a point where you just need to go for it.

Whatever you do - Iā€™m sure youā€™ll love it.

jptamu1958

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, Lexus RX350, RAV4, 96 GMC SIERRA
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to buy 2019 Sahara but do not know when I can order at the earliest, if I special order custom options such as engine etc is there still room to bargain on price? Thanks, new to forum driving old 1996 GMC Sierra K2500 7.4L

Plasterboard

First Name
Dryw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Looking to buy 2019 Sahara but do not know when I can order at the earliest, if I special order custom options such as engine etc is there still room to bargain on price? Thanks, new to forum driving old 1996 GMC Sierra K2500 7.4L
I read somewhere that 2018 MY ends July 19 and reopens for 2019 MY in October maybe? Donā€™t quote me, Iā€™m just trying to remember. Anyways - usually if you order options that should create even more leeway I would imagine for you to haggle as now the dealer has a bigger overall sale. At least thatā€™s my assumption. Also if you start off with a Chrysler Affiliates discount such as Tread Lightly, or if your employer offers something, you start off at 1% below invoice which I think is about 6% off MSRP right off the bat I believe.

With that being said, Iā€™d you get leather seats they arenā€™t $1495 (or whatever they are) they are actually at 1% below invoice cost of the leather seats (or whatever your final negotiation happens to be) so you can calculate in your head that you never pay ā€œsticker priceā€ for the addons just like you donā€™t pay sticker for the car.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming no major changes between JLU ā€˜18 and ā€˜19 itā€™s about MSRP discount offsetting RV decreases.

Discounts were low on JLU in beginning (5% was a big deal I think) and RV was 76% for sport. Now they are dealing (10% off?) but RV is down to 72%.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see what 19 RV starts at!

jptamu1958

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, Lexus RX350, RAV4, 96 GMC SIERRA
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I read somewhere that 2018 MY ends July 19 and reopens for 2019 MY in October maybe? Donā€™t quote me, Iā€™m just trying to remember. Anyways - usually if you order options that should create even more leeway I would imagine for you to haggle as now the dealer has a bigger overall sale. At least thatā€™s my assumption. Also if you start off with a Chrysler Affiliates discount such as Tread Lightly, or if your employer offers something, you start off at 1% below invoice which I think is about 6% off MSRP right off the bat I believe.

With that being said, Iā€™d you get leather seats they arenā€™t $1495 (or whatever they are) they are actually at 1% below invoice cost of the leather seats (or whatever your final negotiation happens to be) so you can calculate in your head that you never pay ā€œsticker priceā€ for the addons just like you donā€™t pay sticker for the car.
o

ok thanks I just saw on the home page that ordering begins Sept 12, good advice on the haggling, thanks again
Sponsored