Awilson9172

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
First, been looking at buying a JL as I am going to get out of the motorcycle habit and into something similar :).

As this would be my second vehicle for myself and used primary for going to work and back. Possibly taking my two kids around or using as a family car if we wanted to for the day.

I got a offer for a lease at Criswell and wanted to see what everyone thought.

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
MSRP: $42,139
Sale price: $37,133
MF: .00249
Res: 65% @ 48 months / 12k
Down payment: 10k (flexible)

Payment: $208

Is that worth it? Is the down payment too much? It's not to much for me as I would be trading in one car and paying a bit out of pocket. However just looking to see if I can get lower or if I should buy this.

Thanks
Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I think it’s too much...

If god forbid you totaled the vehicle, you do not get 10k back. The bank gets the check back for the value of what the car is worth from insurance prior to the wreck.

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
First, been looking at buying a JL as I am going to get out of the motorcycle habit and into something similar :).

As this would be my second vehicle for myself and used primary for going to work and back. Possibly taking my two kids around or using as a family car if we wanted to for the day.

I got a offer for a lease at Criswell and wanted to see what everyone thought.

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
MSRP: $42,139
Sale price: $37,133
MF: .00249
Res: 65% @ 48 months / 12k
Down payment: 10k (flexible)

Payment: $208

Is that worth it? Is the down payment too much? It's not to much for me as I would be trading in one car and paying a bit out of pocket. However just looking to see if I can get lower or if I should buy this.

Thanks
That is a terrible lease. Never put any money down on a lease. I got a much better lease. Criswell doesn't lease well.

I ordered a Rubicon from Kate at courtesy jeep. She gave me 5% below invoice on the deal with tread lightly and I leased it using us bank. The deal is listed below. If anyone wants a similar deal, contact her and say Dmitry referred you for a similar deal. PM me for her cell #.

Msrp $51,735
Selling price $46,500
Lease term:42 months
10k lease
Us bank
64% residual
Mf 0.00170
Payment $499 monthly
Due at lease signing $1699

Deal was easy with her and car came in 12 days from order date. If anyone wants to lease or buy contact her. Drove all the way from NYC for this deal. Btw those looking to lease, even those giving 8% below invoice will not be cheaper to lease since they double the money factor to profit on deal. I can help you with lease deal if needed. Please PM me.

Dmitry

OP
OP
Awilson9172

Awilson9172

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The only reason I would think of putting that much down a lease is because I'm coming from no car payment and wanted to keep the payment small. However, I do see your point.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
MF too high, unless your credit is doodoo.
Down payment too much on a lease.
For reference, my 2018 is a lease, sale price was about the same, but my MF is lower, and my residual is higher, I gave them my Subaru crosstrek that I was financing and had about $3000 in equity in and my lease payment is $319.

No other cash left my pocket, it did take me awhile to get that deal, but I was patient
one dealer wanted my crosstrek and $3000 to get a $319 payment...damn lunatics

Sponsored

OP
OP
Awilson9172

Awilson9172

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For reference, my 2018 is a lease, sale price was about the same, but my MF is lower, and my residual is higher, I gave them my Subaru crosstrek that I was financing and had about $3000 in equity in and my lease payment is $319.

No other cash left my pocket, it did take me awhile to get that deal, but I was patient
I like that deal! if you don't mind me asking what was your MF, and Residual.. i don't think i can change the Residual, however, I am contacting courtesy jeep to see if i can get the deal above with MF .00170. My credit is definitely tier 1.. by far. So i don't understand the high MF unless that is the standard right now. However, i was able to already get Criswell to match previous offers of MF. They first offered me .00295 then matched it to the .00249.

OP
OP
Awilson9172

Awilson9172

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Also another question for you, Did you lease that 2018 this year? I had one dealership that has 50+ 2018 models say they cant lease 2018 models since 2019 models are here.. I was caught off guard with that.. Cause the deals on some 2018 are crazy! that would definitely get me closer to your numbers.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
my MF was .0019, I have T1 credit also, a few dealers gave me a .0025 and wouldn't move.

I got my 2018 in july of 18, I am also shocked they can't lease a 1 yr. old model too.

My Residual was 90% I think, my papers are still in glove box, I will look at lunch to confirm.
Maybe not 90%, that seems high, but I know it was pretty high Residual, Definitely higher than 65%
Maybe the Residual came down significantly because of the 2018 issues.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
My bad...my Residual is 73%
My trade in was also $4430
MF .0019

None of that really mattered to me though
Basically my Crosstrek was $300 a month, I went in and said I want a 4dr sport s for $300 a month lease, because I needed to be out of the Subaru and back in a Jeep, but can't swing a huge car payment atm, so I will lease one for 3 years, by then my kids will be out of daycare, and I should be making more money at work and I will trade it in for my 2dr Rubicon and finance that one.

They did what they needed to do to get close to what I wanted, and because they did, I will buy my next one from them.

OP
OP
Awilson9172

Awilson9172

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My bad...my Residual is 73%
My trade in was also $4430
MF .0019

None of that really mattered to me though
Basically my Crosstrek was $300 a month, I went in and said I want a 4dr sport s for $300 a month lease, because I needed to be out of the Subaru and back in a Jeep, but can't swing a huge car payment atm, so I will lease one for 3 years, by then my kids will be out of daycare, and I should be making more money at work and I will trade it in for my 2dr Rubicon and finance that one.

They did what they needed to do to get close to what I wanted, and because they did, I will buy my next one from them.
What features did you get in yours? or was it a base model? Just trying to gauge how much wiggle room i have with a 2019. But even those numbers should be obtainable with my current car trade in and vehicle.. so we will see.. how many months and miles did you get? I was quoted for the 48M/12K.. so it might be better for a 36M/10K.. not sure..

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That is a terrible lease. Never put any money down on a lease. I got a much better lease. Criswell doesn't lease well.

I ordered a Rubicon from Kate at courtesy jeep. She gave me 5% below invoice on the deal with tread lightly and I leased it using us bank. The deal is listed below. If anyone wants a similar deal, contact her and say Dmitry referred you for a similar deal. PM me for her cell #.

Msrp $51,735
Selling price $46,500
Lease term:42 months
10k lease
Us bank
64% residual
Mf 0.00170
Payment $499 monthly
Due at lease signing $1699

Deal was easy with her and car came in 12 days from order date. If anyone wants to lease or buy contact her. Drove all the way from NYC for this deal. Btw those looking to lease, even those giving 8% below invoice will not be cheaper to lease since they double the money factor to profit on deal. I can help you with lease deal if needed. Please PM me.

Dmitry

That's a horrible lease. You're spending $25,600 over 42 months in that scenario. Are they saying that in 3 and a half years a Rubicon is only going to be worth $26k? That's insane. You got hosed.

Leasing is a great idea, but you have to go into a lease understanding how they work. The two things you have to keep a close eye on are the residual and the money factor (interest rate). If they treat you fairly on those two things, then your payment should be very low...well lower than $500/mo.

OP
OP
Awilson9172

Awilson9172

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a horrible lease. You're spending $25,600 over 42 months in that scenario. Are they saying that in 3 and a half years a Rubicon is only going to be worth $26k? That's insane. You got hosed.

Leasing is a great idea, but you have to go into a lease understanding how they work. The two things you have to keep a close eye on are the residual and the money factor (interest rate). If they treat you fairly on those two things, then your payment should be very low...well lower than $500/mo.
Is my math wrong, or am i missing something in your numbers.

MSRP = 51.7K
1,699.00 + (499 * 42) = 22.6K
Res = 31.5K (.64 * 51.7K)

That looks decent to me.. A little out of my price range, but the numbers add up to not a shabby deal.. However, am i missing something?

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I got a JLU sport S, uconnect 5 7", convenience package, floor mats, soft top.
MSRP was 41,350, sale was 38000.

Original lease was 39/10k, but I asked for 12k and they kept the payment the same.

OP
OP
Awilson9172

Awilson9172

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got a JLU sport S, uconnect 5 7", convenience package, floor mats, soft top.
MSRP was 41,350, sale was 38000.

Original lease was 39/10k, but I asked for 12k and they kept the payment the same.
Oh yeah, then that is what i will go for. They were even nice enough to go an additional $1,000 for both a military and student discount. So my actual price is now $36,133. Just need them to match this MF or to PA ill go.

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO

How is my lease horrible? What are you talking about? For a almost 52k jeep my lease payment is 1% of msrp. If you know anything about leasing that is an amazing deal on any car, let alone a Wrangler. Upside to car being worth more on market than residual at the end if 42 months; lowers your payment even more. You can always sell the car and pocket the difference if its worth more than bank estimates towards end of lease.

If you can find me a better lease deal anywhere, I will get the car. To say I am hosed is you misinforming people looking to find a good deal. Even dealers with 8% below invoice had payments more than 50-100 more monthly. Just because they charged up mf to 1% point over, causing interest rates to double.

I have leased dozens of cars and know very well how this works. Do not tell people what is good and bad if you didn't do your research on deals out there. For one I spoke to dozens of dealers and many lease brokers, no one can come close to my deal. 1% monthly lease payment of msrp is an amazing deal and should be applauded not tell someone they got ripped off.
Sponsored