Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Reached my highes level of incompetence - Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my 2019 Wrangler Sport July 2019. Have put 30K on it since. Took it in for an oil change. They told me
there was some seepage in the transmission. So I made an appointment 2 days later and brought it in.
Service dept called and said, There was a problem with the Transfer Case and they would have to replace it.
REALLY.. 30K and already have to replace the transfer case? Whats up with that. Its not a mall crawler, I basically do
gravel or dirt roads, class 2-3. Have only used 4H a handful of times. Fortunately Its all under warranty but damn...
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It's easier for them to replace it under warranty, and get paid from Jeep to do so, than to tear yours down enough to replace the seal. They will send yours in to be refurbished and get the core credit for it. There's nothing wrong with the transfer case, just the seal. It happens sometimes.

Sponsored

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Bought my 2019 Wrangler Sport July 2019. Have put 30K on it since. Took it in for an oil change. They told me
there was some seepage in the transmission. So I made an appointment 2 days later and brought it in.
Service dept called and said, There was a problem with the Transfer Case and they would have to replace it.
REALLY.. 30K and already have to replace the transfer case? Whats up with that. Its not a mall crawler, I basically do
gravel or dirt roads, class 2-3. Have only used 4H a handful of times. Fortunately Its all under warranty but damn...

... and none of this is costing you or left you stranded on the trail.

Look at the bright side, you could have bought a Range Rover. :giggle:

OP
OP
TimothyFS

TimothyFS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
... and none of this is costing you or left you stranded on the trail.

Look at the bright side, you could have bought a Range Rover. :giggle:
Hey, I LOVE MY JEEP.. :)

QC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURR
Stuff breaks. You can't afford a perfect car, and no one can afford to build it.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Hey, I LOVE MY JEEP.. :)

Just, if you had, you'd probably forgotten what color it was after sitting in your death row cell having murdered many sales and service type persons. At least, that's how I picture things. You look like a rough character whom wouldn't put up with needless snobbery, failed promises and useless bills. You know, flyover American. :LOL:

OP
OP
TimothyFS

TimothyFS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just, if you had, you'd probably forgotten what color it was after sitting in your death row cell having murdered many sales and service type persons. At least, that's how I picture things. You look like a rough character whom wouldn't put up with needless snobbery, failed promises and useless bills. You know, flyover American. :LOL:
I have my moments :)
Sponsored