Sponsored

Almost bought a Taco, 2 door JL blues...

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Is cement the same color as Sting-Gray and destroyer gray?
When I was at the Jeep dealer I drove up to a Destroyer Gray Charger. Side be side the Destroyer Gray is alot darker than the Cement.
Sponsored

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
I have a 17 TRD Pro 4Runner that I traded a 4 door Rubicon hard rock in on. It’s a nice rig, but it’s just missing the Jeep appeal. I wasn’t a fan of the 4 door Jeep as much as our 2 door Willy’s and is why I traded for the Pro. Fast forward to 2 months ago when the wife said it’s fine if I got a 2 door for myself as well (nothing like a 2 door), next day was at dealer ordering 2 door Rubicon with all the options and sun rider soft top. As unique and rare as the Pro is I honestly don’t see myself looking back. Now Jeep just has to build the friggin thing.

F287C862-AFB8-45BB-91F7-43447BAA1D69.jpeg
I'll be keeping my Cement Trd Pro, I really like the extra room in the 4Runner, with the back seat folded down it's like a mini pickup. I just sold my 16 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude to be replaced with a 4dr Rubicon. The GC was nice, but doesn't have the off road capability like the Wrangler and the Trd Pro.

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I bounced between a Tacoma, 4Runner and Wrangler over the last couple years. I think the “off the lot” appeal of a Tacoma and 4Runner are way better to me. I love the looks and the additional room. I hate that the Tacoma seat doesn’t have up and down movement. I felt like I was sitting in a car. The 4Runner was great but the technology wasn’t as up to date as the Tacoma. I wanted to be able to put my dog in the back and it not be the back seat so the Tacoma was out. I wanted to take the top and doors off... easily. So the 4Runner was out.

I still look at both when I drive down the road but that’s because I haven’t spent the money on making my Sport S look as aggressive as the Toyota’s.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
I looked at the 4 runner and taco super close too. My local dealer has a very tough looking lifted 4 runner that called my name every time I drove by. In the end though I hate how the taco drives and the 4 runner is too big for what I want. Also they both feel like just a "car" to me. Only a Jeep is a Jeep.

I wish a real company would buy Jeep. FCA just isn't cutting it.