Sponsored

2018 JL Clutch Question

Inka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My clutch was replaced at 24k on my 2018 JLUR by the dealer free of charge. It was a bit of a goat rope and I got Jeep Wave involved. It took some negotiating and persistence but in the end FCA reimbursed me for one month’s car payment and as stated I paid nothing for the clutch including a new pedal assembly. It was a satisfactory end to a frustrating situation. I wish you luck with your clutch woes- they seem to be more common than they should be.
Sponsored

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Breaks my cold, dead heart to read this

Somewhere, Ford employee's are reading this to avoid the same mistake with the Bronco.

Hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy either vehicle, this'll be resolved

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Thanks. This issue should be covered under under warranty, though. I am curious, however, as to what’s causing the problem. That 4-wheel shift lever has been incredibly stiff since the vehicle was new. Never had that problem with the other 4 Wranglers.
Keep your receipts, FCA listed a recall for this. Look like you were lucky since others have experienced total loss.

See if your VIN is listed here: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
That’s terrible. I had two manual transmission Xterras and they both performed flawlessly. Second one had 130k and was still really strong when I traded it in.

Sponsored

Bill 13

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR
Well this sucks. I figured something was wrong because mine has been pretty rough lately and I was getting concerned. Had my TJ for 10 years on the same clutch, JK for 11 as well with no problems. Something is up with this one and in some ways it's nice to see it confirmed. Hopefully the "fix" doesn't take too long to figure out.

Mfdaly1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Hella
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same thing happen to my 2018 JL 6 Speed.
Started going bad (after 2 recalls) ABOUT 25,000 MILES. bROUGHT IT TO ONE DEALER WHO SAID i HAD "NO PROBLEM"...EXCUSE ME? i HAVE BEEN DRIVING MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS FOR OVER 40 YEARS, AND i KNOW WHEN i HAVE A PROBLEM! (sorry- cap lock)

I then brought it back to the dealer I bought it from (50 mi away) and they said the clutch was shredded and was not covered under warranty. $3,300 later. I spent the money I wanted to save by not buying the auto. This needs class action...
I've owned 7 (YES SEVEN) Jeeps in my lifetime. This will be my last.
Sponsored