Clutch recall and fix question

Fuhrmancj

First Name
Catherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Pretty sure every new manual Jeep just has the software update...could be wrong though. It’s really nothing to worry about...at least in my opinion. Every manufacturer limits the output of their engines to some degree for the sake of reliability and longevity of parts. You’ll likely never know anything is different unless you are trying to do burnouts...
There are several of us who have had our clutch explode during regular driving actually.

if it occurred to you or anyone you know. Please find my group on Facebook
Jeep Clutch recall
Sponsored

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
Latecomer to this thread, but I call BS on Jeep's software "update". I traded a 2017 Wrangler Sport for a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon. Both 2-door and manual transmission. WIth the 2021, I have stalled it several times on take-off where the 2017 was a stump-puller off the line. The deficit is very noticeable.

Another question: It seems that most people are satisfied with Jeep's explanation that power will ONLY be reduced when an overheated clutch situation is detected. Now, how on earth will the updated software make this determination? As far as I know, there are no sensors inside the bell housing.
When you say off the line do you mean from idle or slipping the clutch out a little? Ours definitely bogs if I don't rev it up and slip the clutch. I am curious if this is a software issue. More low end grunt would do wonders for drivability.
Sponsored