OP
Chazdog

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Pilot
Mine's a 2020, which I ordered in May and took delivery of in July of last year. As soon as I knew my VIN, I checked it against FCA's list of VINs affected by the clutch recall. I was pleased to see it wasn't on the list.

Then about a month ago I get the recall notice in the mail. So now I'm thinking WTF? But reading this thread it sounds like the fix is the software patch, so I guess that's why I got the recall.

Regarding rev hang, mine did it occasionally when it was new, but hasn't done it at all in a long time. FWIW, when it did hang it was at 2500-3K, not the higher engine speeds others have reported.
Did the recent recall notice indicate an estimated date for when the software fix would be available to you? My dealership is saying late June. Meanwhile stop sale orders remain in place on their affected inventory, including the Wrangler I have under contract to buy.

Advertisement

Last edited:

Myron

First Name
Myron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
Nope, no date was given. In fact, it didn't even say that there was a solution (like a software update). All it said was that no solution had been identified yet and that they would get back in touch with me when there was one.

I love my Jeep, but this is hardly what I'd call confidence-inspiring.

OldGuyNewJeep

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Nope, no date was given. In fact, it didn't even say that there was a solution (like a software update). All it said was that no solution had been identified yet and that they would get back in touch with me when there was one.

I love my Jeep, but this is hardly what I'd call confidence-inspiring.
Dealers don’t know details like these. If you read through the gazillion pages of the thread dedicated to this recall you can see JeepCares chimes in a few times. It’s confirmed to be a software fix and its number is Y07.

I bet we see it at the end of this month or early next. Just my guess.

Taken from my Jeep phone app just now:

1618089345440.png

OP
Chazdog

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Pilot
Dealers don’t know details like these. If you read through the gazillion pages of the thread dedicated to this recall you can see JeepCares chimes in a few times. It’s confirmed to be a software fix and its number is Y07.

I bet we see it at the end of this month or early next. Just my guess.

Taken from my Jeep phone app just now:

1618089345440.png
I hope your guess is right. This Wrangler was a rare find, having the few must haves - 2 door S with anti slip and soft top. The bonus being low miles (22K). Worth waiting for, I think.

Attachments

OP
Chazdog

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Pilot
I hope your guess is right. This Wrangler was a rare find, having the few must haves - 2 door S with anti slip and soft top. The bonus being low miles (22K). Worth waiting for, I think.
UPDATE: Just spoke with a Jeep corporate based rep and he informed me that they are estimating another 2 months wait time for the software fix on existing 2018-2020 manuals. This is a deal killer for me on this particular purchase. My wife thinks we should consider a new one because the exploding clutch plate issue has been resolved on 2021s. Anybody out there with a 2021 manual that can offer some advice based on your experience?

Rfolsom

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 willys unlimited
UPDATE: Just spoke with a Jeep corporate based rep and he informed me that they are estimating another 2 months wait time for the software fix on existing 2018-2020 manuals. This is a deal killer for me on this particular purchase. My wife thinks we should consider a new one because the exploding clutch plate issue has been resolved on 2021s. Anybody out there with a 2021 manual that can offer some advice based on your experience?
I have a 2021 that I bought in November. It is scheduled to get the recall fix on Friday (4/30/2021). I can let everyone know if it drives any differently. I haven't had any issues yet with it.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon JL 6 Speed
My Jeep, according to my owners website already had this recall done when I picked it up. Drives find to me, but I don't know it would drove prior to the recall.

OP
Chazdog

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Pilot
My Jeep, according to my owners website already had this recall done when I picked it up. Drives find to me, but I don't know it would drove prior to the recall.
The 21s have had the fix since January, mainly because Jeep couldn’t sell them until they came into compliance. So all of you guys are good - haven’t heard any complaints that the flash noticeably changed anything. It’s the 2018 - 2020s that are still waiting. And in my case, waiting for delivery on a 2018 CPO because of the government mandated stop sale order. Frustrating.

Advertisement

PSC Motorsports

Advertisement