2 new batteries, no start

younglung

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I have a 2020 JL, 33k miles and I'm planning on driving cross country so I bought 2 new batteries from Autozone. Now it won't start. When I get in the light on the starter is not coming on so when I push the start button I'm not getting anything. Any suggestions? Also does anyone also have a engine block heater plug under the hood.
Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
2018 JLUR. 33k miles. Just had both batteries replaced by Jeep. Takes about 10 days to fully charge the batteries. Within that 10 day interval, one time I could not start the Jeep on the first attempt. On the third try, it started. I did turn off the Air Cond, radio and headlights before attempting this. My battery voltage was at 12.4 VDC before the third attempt.

What does your voltage meter read for your batteries?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Have you checked all the fuses..if you changed the batteries yourself and evenly lightly sparked the batteries on a ground you can pop a fuse or two, these Jeeps are pretty picky and can easily pop a fuse if you bumped a cable when hooking back up and shorted with sparks especially the main fuse bus that’s under all those terminal on the PDC.

Also as stated check the voltage of each battery disconnected to ensure they are fully charged and also recheck all connections

Get a good smart Charger if needed and plan on using it a lot if the Jeep stays parked a lot.
Sponsored