James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
@redsyphon i to have the Genesis system and simply love it, my JL seems electrically so much happier and your correct on the jumping volts it is somewhat hypnotic to watch.

Im not sure what batteries you have but I have the Full River 750-25’s and was advised by then to periodically do a maintenance charge as those batteries love to be kept on the higher end so I do a weekly bump with a NOCO 10 and a monthly recondition with a Odyssey 20, the Odyssey 20 to me does a better job as when it goes into conditioning mode it holds the output at 14.5 for 6-8 hrs and those batteries gobble up that juice
Thanks for the tip. I have the Full River batteries as well, so I'll have to figure out a way to hook them up at least every month or so.

For now, I've just been finding excuses to go driving for 1-2hrs and explore roads I've never turned down ;)
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@RubiRob you are correct, even though I truly dislike ESS and have it disabled it needs to be working correctly for those that want that feature Dealer Service folks blowing it off is unacceptable.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the tip. I have the Full River batteries as well, so I'll have to figure out a way to hook them up at least every month or so.

For now, I've just been finding excuses to go driving for 1-2hrs and explore roads I've never turned down ;)
I have the luxury of parking in a 3rd car garage and right where I park we have an power outlet on the wall so I mounted this NOCO 10 there and it makes hookups so very easy, just pop the hood and snap on the clamps

Jeep Wrangler JL Batteries Draining / ESS Issues / No Warning Lights - looking for Guidance 332464E8-E6A8-4167-B28B-462ADFDD1B2B

And for my monthly recondition I use a Odyssey 20

Jeep Wrangler JL Batteries Draining / ESS Issues / No Warning Lights - looking for Guidance E3977C22-0F63-4CDD-80D3-6276D76240BB

I normally do a weekly charge but honestly I think I could get by with doing it biweekly or even monthly but hey it’s easy and maybe in the long run I can get longer life from my batteries by doing what I do

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I’m done accepting that it should be forgotten about and move on. It should work properly and I’ve seen Jeeps where it works properly. Hopefully we get some answers I’ll have dropped mine off next Thursday for an unrelated issue and to look into the issue further.
Watching because I also have the problem of ESS sometimes not working because the battery is charging. Sometimes it seems normal, sometimes not... Sometimes it works fine and ESS is ready, sometimes it doesn't, so I would really like to know if it's a real problem or not!

Seems to happen to many people, and many dealers seem to find it "normal", so...! :angel:
Hi @RubiRob and @dave12345 !

Sorry to hear about the concerns you're experiencing recently but I saw that you may be taking your vehicle in to get properly diagnosed by a Jeep dealer. If you would like me to look into this further to see where we can offer additional support, please send us a private message with your current mileage & VIN! Have a great weekend.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

dave12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Hi @RubiRob and @dave12345 !

Sorry to hear about the concerns you're experiencing recently but I saw that you may be taking your vehicle in to get properly diagnosed by a Jeep dealer. If you would like me to look into this further to see where we can offer additional support, please send us a private message with your current mileage & VIN! Have a great weekend.

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Thanks for offering! I think I might get in touch with you depending on how it goes with my dealer, because up to now, I haven't noticed much will to help from them when I tried to contact them about it. Nice that you guys are here for us! :)

Sponsored

dave12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
@RubiRob Just taking some news... Did you finally go to the dealer? How did it go and what did they say about that ESS/battery problem? :D

OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
@RubiRob Just taking some news... Did you finally go to the dealer? How did it go and what did they say about that ESS/battery problem? :D
well, they replaced the IBS saying that it wasn’t working right after originally saying it was working right and a week later it’s back to “not ready charging.” I don’t know how influential the weather is but it has been very very cold here lately though. A 1hr drive yesterday and a 45min drive today wouldn’t charge up the batteries enough. My multimeter is showing 12.27v combined after that 45 minute drive.

dave12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
well, they replaced the IBS saying that it wasn’t working right after originally saying it was working right and a week later it’s back to “not ready charging.” I don’t know how influential the weather is but it has been very very cold here lately though. A 1hr drive yesterday and a 45min drive today wouldn’t charge up the batteries enough. My multimeter is showing 12.27v combined after that 45 minute drive.
Damm man, sorry your ESS is still not working properly... Maybe it's supposed to be this way in the cold weather. It's winter here as well for me; curious to see how it'll go when it get warmer! 🙏
Sponsored