Sponsored

2 door ver. 4 door

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If you don't need the room get the 2 dr. If you need the extra room get the 4dr.
/thread
Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
If passengers are not an issue, the 2 door rear seats fold up or are removable altogether. Plenty of room for nearly any gear. Otherwise with passengers, there is plenty of room for them but nothing else. Couldn't reasonably expect to haul anything except 3 people with the rear seat down unless you invest in a roof rack.

I have a 2019 2 door 3.6L Auto (no eAnything) Sport S 2 door. Loving everything about it. Best vehicle and daily driver I've ever owned. No kidding.

However, the kids have grown and have flown the coup. Just my wife and I.

Even though it's a Sport and not a Rubicon, I've invested in a 2.5" Lift, 35's and Sway-Bar Quick Disconnects. I've been able to tackle some pretty difficult to severe trails here in my home state of Colorado. Did I mention I'm really loving this JL.

You can't go wrong either way, but follow your gut.

Jay

IMG_20200801_200022.jpg

IMG_20200901_121217.jpg

tlknasel

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Web Applications Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Will be buying new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon fairly soon.
For running trails is there much difference between the 2 door and 4 door.
I imagine the 4door has longer wheelbase and weighs more.
Plan on getting V6 with 8speed auto.
There is the 4 with turbo, but what I understand it wouldn't have as much torque as the V6.
Is there anything that I should make sure that I get?
Get everything on a 2 door Pitch Black Wrangler Rubicon! I did! 😜

tlknasel

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They’re both badass! I have a 2dr Rubi and can tell you that you will appreciate the turning radius if you take it off road.
Driving and owning any JL Wrangler Rubicon is an experience you will never forget! I just sat and looked at mine the first 24 hours! The technology in these vehicles is truly amazing! Other people just stop and stare at the Jeep, JK owners are like “That’s my next Jeep!”.

Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Tough one, there are times I wish I had a 2 door and more times I’m glad I had a four door. If you are more likely talking lots of gear in the rocks for extended time frames, go 4 door... if not go 2 door... both are awesome... here is mine in light weight sand form and another pick heading deep in the rocks for a week ( dusy)...lots of gear and weight. Hope that helps...

A474C24C-4A81-4D85-BA97-9058ACBCB32B.jpeg

72B9D0DD-5BF5-4742-BF9D-5692B65C5609.jpeg

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
There is the 4 with turbo, but what I understand it wouldn't have as much torque as the V6.
4 cyl feels faster than the 6 cyl and in my experience handled bigger tires more easily. Not as “proven” as the 6 cylinder since it’s not been in the wrangler too long.

4 door is better on climbs. Moab etc. 2 door is better in my experience for everything else because break over angle is better. If you need the space IMO 4 door is better. Resale is better.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

I went from a 2 door JK to a 4 door JL. The 4 door rides much better and of course more room. So far, no down side to the 4 door. On the trails, the 4 door is about the same as the 2 door. On very steep ascents, descents and on low traction surfaces, the longer wheelbase is more stable.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
2 Dr rear seat is removable. You can store a bunch of stuff, enough for a 2 person long term camping trip. With the top off, it almost has a mini truck vibe.

My 2011JK was the 4dr. This time I wanted more of an old school vibe. Now I have a 2dr Rubicon with the 2.0l. I love it and don't miss the 4dr. Except maybe getting the kids in and out is a pain. With 4 people, I can't buy more than 4 bags of groceries, lol.
2dr seats 4, 4dr seats 5.

I will say that the longer wheelbase will probably have a better road feel.

My opinion is to rent before you buy. Both configurations if you can.

Morbo101

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler sport s
You cant really sleep inside a 2 door (unless youre a midget)

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

tlknasel

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jay,

When your Christmas begins to look like this, then you will know you drive a Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon!

630C95F2-08CB-4043-94E3-364339709461.jpeg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have had 2drs and 4dr Jeeps. It really only matters if you plan to Jeep travel a lot. Both can do the rubicon trail, so off roading is not what separates them. The size and what you can carry with you comfortably is what matters. I decent size fridge will take up half of the available space in a 2dr. You will most likely not sleep inside of a 2dr. If you need space and want to take stuff with you to be more comfortable, 4dr all the way. If you are just bombing around the local area, does it even matter?

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Wife has a 2dr Willys manual, mine is a 4dr Rubi auto. About as different as you could get. I like driving hers now and then as it will turn inside itself if you need it to, but the 2dr is a choppy ride by comparison. When stopping, it has a lot more nose dive also. I do like the look of the 2dr more tho.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I have owned both 2 and 4 doors. Both will offroad great, but each time I have bought a new Jeep I was in a different stage in my life. Young and no kids for me was a 2 door. Wife and dog was 2 door. Kids entered the picture, we got a 4 door. The 4 door acts as our main family hauler now. The 4 doors sure do seem to ride better on the highway for long distance. Someday I will probably go back to a 2 door, but it will probably be a TJ again!

My advice (since you asked) would be to consider your own stage in life, and how long you plan to keep the Jeep!

Enjoy the new Jeep.
Sponsored