2 Door storage solutions

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
This is what I’m using for tools,recovery gear etc.

88211939-ED5E-4F51-9818-49BC761C9131.jpeg

452AA21A-72A3-41CA-932D-28D90B1F4E25.jpeg
Love this- but does it have a way to lock it down (a hook for a cable lock, etc) to keep someone from just walking off with it?
Sponsored

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Love this- but does it have a way to lock it down (a hook for a cable lock, etc) to keep someone from just walking off with it?
Yes it does. I’m using combination cable locks (the ones for bicycles) on each side. I routed them under the seat real then through the handle on the box. Then I used a bungee around the handle to the latches points on the floor where the rear seat was latched to.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Rubicon
Im working on a 32 giga watt flux capacitor to access underutilized 4th dimensional storage. I'll be sure to post a write up when its complete check back two years ago. They come standard on the 2040 JQ but they don't meet the safety restrictions for temporal importations; plus the JQs are only available with an electric motor or fusion reactor.

Mrs.Megahee

First Name
Aimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, JK Sport
This cost about $20. It will come in and out in about 3 min. It can be used with or without the back seat in place. I ran it in my JK with the seat out and thought I'd try it with the seat in for a while. The photos don't show, but you can still put two bigger than carry-on suitcases side by side upright behind the shelf and close the back door with no problem. The shelf has two TARGET baskets with room for an ammo box for tools and a 20 qt. cooler between the baskets and then additional room on the other side of the Driver Side basket for other stuff. The shelf is secured with zip ties and pulls against the roll bar on either side on the back. On the seat is more storage for camera and whatever on either side. Under the seat is more storage in 3 "makeup" cases that cost about $12 each. In front of the "makeup cases" there's additional storage. (not shown are two angle brackets that I got in the gutter section at lowes that are attached via zip ties to the bottom of the shelf to prevent sagging when weight is added)

For the a$$hole who will ask-no I don't carry makeup in these.donuou recall where you found these?
jl10.jpg
This cost about $20. It will come in and out in about 3 min. It can be used with or without the back seat in place. I ran it in my JK with the seat out and thought I'd try it with the seat in for a while. The photos don't show, but you can still put two bigger than carry-on suitcases side by side upright behind the shelf and close the back door with no problem. The shelf has two TARGET baskets with room for an ammo box for tools and a 20 qt. cooler between the baskets and then additional room on the other side of the Driver Side basket for other stuff. The shelf is secured with zip ties and pulls against the roll bar on either side on the back. On the seat is more storage for camera and whatever on either side. Under the seat is more storage in 3 "makeup" cases that cost about $12 each. In front of the "makeup cases" there's additional storage. (not shown are two angle brackets that I got in the gutter section at lowes that are attached via zip ties to the bottom of the shelf to prevent sagging when weight is added)

For the a$$hole who will ask-no I don't carry makeup in these.
jl10.jpg
Do you recall where you got these? Or would you mind sharing the size, brand, etc? It looks like they fit pretty good right there, do they slide into the floor board?

Sponsored

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2dr ; 2019 Winnebago Navion
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions 2C9DA64C-9533-47D8-9A9C-092BCBB625F9
Finally a quality, affordable and lightweight ALUMINUM interior storage rack for us (bad ass) 2 door JL owners !

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09NCW9M3B?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Step 1: Throw away back seat (No one wants to sit back there anyway).
Step 2: Ignore Amazon description as a 4dr product.
Step 3: Throw away directions - you will be installing it backwards.
Step 4: Drill the thinner mounting brackets (using a 5/16” drill) 3/8” inward from the existing mounting holes.
Step 5: Drill the wider mounting brackets centered 15 inches forward of the holes you drilled in step four, but centered only 3/8” from the outside edge of the bracket.
If you did this step right these holes will be more ‘outboard’ than the existing mounting holes.
Step 6: Mount the brackets using the existing hardtop screws and bolt-in the basket using the provided hardware. I took someone else’s suggestion and used gaffer tape to protect contact surfaces and insulate for any metal to metal vibrations.

Once I had the whole thing bolted up it was solid as a rock. I literally could shake the entire jeep without one nanometer of rattle ;)
Step 7: Self-congratulate. You owe yourself a trip to Moab !

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions B71BE5CD-D965-44B5-89EB-072BF5DFDE64

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions 33BED2E3-ABEB-4313-B373-D5229EE0613F

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions 786A0976-7C2B-45C0-9527-61158D6E3A37

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
A 2 door has plenty of storage space.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions jeep roof

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Finally a quality, affordable and lightweight ALUMINUM interior storage rack for us (bad ass) 2 door JL owners !

Step 4: Drill the thinner mounting brackets (using a 5/16” drill) 3/8” inward from the existing mounting holes.
Step 5: Drill the wider mounting brackets centered 15 inches forward of the holes you drilled in step four, but centered only 3/8” from the outside edge of the bracket.
If you did this step right these holes will be more ‘outboard’ than the existing mounting holes.
Step 6: Mount the brackets using the existing hardtop screws and bolt-in the basket using the provided hardware. I took someone else’s suggestion and used gaffer tape to protect contact surfaces and insulate for any metal to metal vibrations.

Once I had the whole thing bolted up it was solid as a rock. I literally could shake the entire jeep without one nanometer of rattle ;)

Ok, I'm definitely doing this. Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I have made some changes and thought I'd post an update to the storage situation in my Jeep. Getting ready for summer!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions IMG_0716

Basically you are looking at what I carry in my Jeep pretty much at all times. So what's in the back you ask? Typical things like some basic tools, portable air compressor, recovery bag, jumper cables, blanket, hats, gloves, extra water, work boots, 2 portable chairs that are awesome, flashlights, survival knife, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, sunscreen, bugspray, and probably lots of other little things I'm forgetting.

The only time I put in the rear seat is usually in summer when the top is off and we're doing some joy rides or beach driving, and the only change is I will move the recovery gear and air compressor from behind the front seats to behind the rear. But everything fits and there is ample space.

So what's new? I added the Raingler attic net, which is great for lightweight things like clothes. Also found it makes a great spot to store my CB antenna when not in use. Of course if the top is off, the attic requires tie downs to be practical ;)

I also found really cool molle wraps from Invictus Offroad for the headrests and the soundbar. These have made some great mounting points for things I want to have within reach from the front seats.

Lastly, I added the matching door pockets from Overland Outfitters. I like them, though I do think they are a bit overpriced. If you can get their stuff on a decent sale it's worth it. That extra front pocket with the flap is a welcome addition.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions IMG_0707

I did end up buying the Amazon aluminum rack posted about above by @Off-Road Toad and plan to use that for camping trips, etc. Still in the box, so will tackle that soon. I don't want to leave it in all the time, so I'm hoping it will be easy enough to put in/take out as needed.

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2C9DA64C-9533-47D8-9A9C-092BCBB625F9.jpeg

B71BE5CD-D965-44B5-89EB-072BF5DFDE64.jpeg

33BED2E3-ABEB-4313-B373-D5229EE0613F.jpeg

786A0976-7C2B-45C0-9527-61158D6E3A37.jpeg

UPDATE: Buy the Walmart Sterilite under-bed storage container to put inside. Fits perfectly !!

BONUS :: TRACTION BOARD STORAGE:::
Use 24” rubber straps to secure your traction boards underneath!!!
Mine do not budge !!!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions AE5DD7A4-80F2-49C6-AD57-83E485538D31

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I think I now have my storage pretty much dialled in.
‘Warn epic storage bags on the seat backs, tailgate table and roll bars, Tuffy security enclosure with an Ace Engineering cargo rack on top, Rotopax water container and Rotopax tool container on the front And the AEV jack base in the passenger footwell.
My ARB dual compressor is tucked away behind the fender liner, powered by one of the aux switches and exits behind a 4xE charge port.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions 30F73C3F-610E-421E-AB7E-33BAD25F42F6
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions F50C8ECF-2C41-4F3D-8AF9-5327317E8043
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions 1E837CD1-1D52-48F2-86A4-9A2B7B5F54F5
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions 0625501B-8931-4436-BDA7-A3AFB14256B2
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions F68CC9A7-2DBD-4FC4-ABD5-6BA207689DAE
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions 899BCAFE-71D9-4303-9F4E-1846A73D44A2
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions A853EBDC-C8F8-458C-817A-1912702D829B
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions AE223D51-B1D5-4E2F-954F-9C42CA34CCB9

bonniejf

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions AE223D51-B1D5-4E2F-954F-9C42CA34CCB9

I bought this shelf and attempted to install it like you have written out. I never could get it to work for me. I ended up buying the longer soft top bolts from the dealership, ripping a 2x4 down, drilling holes for the bolts to mount thru them, and screwing the shelf to the 2x4. I also mounted it in front of the roll bar but it could be done the same way in the original position around the roll bar. Works for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions image2
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions image1
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions image0 (2)

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought this shelf and attempted to install it like you have written out. I never could get it to work for me. I ended up buying the longer soft top bolts from the dealership, ripping a 2x4 down, drilling holes for the bolts to mount thru them, and screwing the shelf to the 2x4. I also mounted it in front of the roll bar but it could be done the same way in the original position around the roll bar. Works for me.

image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0 (2).jpeg
Nice modified application. Looks like you may have put the wider bracket in the rear instead of toward the front.
By using the skinnier bracket in the rear you can straddle the roll bar.
Yes, you will still need to re-drill the holes in the bracket mounts as I described above but it should fit perfectly when you are done.
My scenario will result in the entire bracket being located less forward than yours. It just depends on which is more suitable to your preference.
Enjoy.
Sponsored

Last edited: