2 door rock rails/steps

Miscle_cars_only

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 gto 68 firebird 70 judge 71 ta 85 Merc Capri 85 Cj7 20 JL rubicon
looking for steps/sliders for a 2 door!! I’ve read and reread the 88 page thread and still don’t know what I want . Although I do have a rather good collection of them now!!

first - ordered the tyger, installed and didn’t like the pinch seam showing.

Ordered the roam and they were sent without hardware , lights and roam backing plate .was told by Anthony they’d ship hardware out via next day , I had to leave town for work for 6-7 weeks, so I drilled out the light holes for the oziums I ordered. So I prewired steps and Jeep as they’d be in time before I left. Ended up being flat out lied to by Anthony saying they were closed due to pandemic yet told me in another email account they were open and shipping strong. So those will now be sold as i modified them and can’t return plus I refuse to install due to business practices. That and I can’t tolerate a lying.

sooo. Going for my third set. Threes a charm right?

Any recommendations and pics from ones you’ve installed? Pluses and minuses on installs, etc?
Sponsored

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
looking for steps/sliders for a 2 door!! I’ve read and reread the 88 page thread and still don’t know what I want . Although I do have a rather good collection of them now!!

first - ordered the tyger, installed and didn’t like the pinch seam showing.

Ordered the roam and they were sent without hardware , lights and roam backing plate .was told by Anthony they’d ship hardware out via next day , I had to leave town for work for 6-7 weeks, so I drilled out the light holes for the oziums I ordered. So I prewired steps and Jeep as they’d be in time before I left. Ended up being flat out lied to by Anthony saying they were closed due to pandemic yet told me in another email account they were open and shipping strong. So those will now be sold as i modified them and can’t return plus I refuse to install due to business practices. That and I can’t tolerate a lying.

sooo. Going for my third set. Threes a charm right?

Any recommendations and pics from ones you’ve installed? Pluses and minuses on installs, etc?

Hey Miscle_cars_only, if you have the Rubicon Rock Rails, and just want just a simple side step, you could try the Lund, Steel Short Step for Rock Rail (P/N 26410025). They were dirt cheap on Amazon (under $100 Canadian, taxes and shipping included), took about 3 hours total to install from start to finish, and can be removed by undoing 4 bolts per side. Removal takes less than 5 minutes per side now that they're on.

Installation was pretty straight forward;

- Measured and marked out where I wanted the steps
- Drilled 4, 11 mm or 7/16" holes into the bottom side of each of the stock Rubi Rock rails
- Installed an M8 Stainless Rivnut into each of the holes
- Bolted the steps on with the included Grade 8.8 bolts, washers and lock washers

This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like the fact that they can be removed in a matter of minutes, and they didn't cost an arm and a leg!

Lund Step_1.jpg

Lund Step_2.jpg

Lund Step_3.jpg

Lund Step_4.jpg

Lund Step_5.jpg

Lund Step_6.jpg

Lund Step_7.jpg

Lund Step_8.jpg

Lund Step_9.jpg

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Roam steps installed (and like them), but I also received them without the mounting bolts and logo backing plates. Multiple emails went back and forth with assurances a set of bolts/plates were on the way, but they were never received. I eventually figured out what bolts I needed, bought them from Home Depot, and installed the steps without backing plates. Interesting to hear someone else had a similar experience.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I also looked at all the major players and finally decided on the Mopar HD Rock Rails w/ 'Step Assist' and love them! I chose these because I insisted on something that was 'OEM' quality in both fit and finish while providing maximum ground clearance-nothing else I looked at checked all three boxes.
Sponsored