Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

RSjeep30

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude, 2019 2 dr Rubicon Ocean Blue Metallic [Hoping to order 12/18]
Occupation
Structural Designer
So, finally making the decision to put an order in for a 2 dr rubicon next month, if all goes well. Ocean blue metallic w/ LED light package & cold weather. This would be my first time ordering a vehicle so I'm curious as to how the whole process works. Any tips or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks all!
Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
So, finally making the decision to put an order in for a 2 dr rubicon next month, if all goes well. Ocean blue metallic w/ LED light package & cold weather. This would be my first time ordering a vehicle so I'm curious as to how the whole process works. Any tips or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks all!
Congratulations on your decision to order a new Jeep. Get all the options you can, order it and wait, hang out in the forum, wait, admire the Jeeps you see and wait.... Hopefully you will have your Jeep in 6 - 8 weeks or so. Many of us here waited over 6 months. When you do get it post lots of pictures.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
That is terrific!
I have an ocean blue rubicon. All loaded other than infotainment (which I do not regret not ordering, but I’m not a techie)
Only thing I would have done different is to order a soft top rather than hard top. I am looking to order post market, and will cost me an additional 2100 most likely. If you like to go topless, a soft top is a better choice. Imho

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
So... talking about soft tops, I would like some opinions from forum.
Mopar seems to be the only choice. Dealership called me this am, they now have them too, but 2100$ and. 1550$, so somewhat cheaper.
Which one shall I order? Big expense, but greatly regret not getting a soft top from the getgo.

42CB1F72-D59E-47B5-836A-9A8B53A96C1D.png

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
So... talking about soft tops, I would like some opinions from forum.
Mopar seems to be the only choice. Dealership called me this am, they now have them too, but 2100$ and. 1550$, so somewhat cheaper.
Which one shall I order? Big expense, but greatly regret not getting a soft top from the getgo.

42CB1F72-D59E-47B5-836A-9A8B53A96C1D.png
I'd wait for Bestop, but that looks like it will be a while. If you have to buy now I would get the Twill top. IMHO

Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
I'd wait for Bestop, but that looks like it will be a while. If you have to buy now I would get the Twill top. IMHO
Why Bestop? Personal preference?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Why Bestop? Personal preference?
Bestop makes the MOPAR OEM tops. Eventually they'll have frameless tops like the Trektop, but those don't go all the way down - sunrider position, only. You can see what they have for JK, now: https://www.bestop.com/soft-tops-hardware/

My opinion, for what it's worth, is spend the extra $500 for the premium (twill) soft top. Worth every penny. Quieter, more durable, and looks nicer. Once you have it on you may decide you don't even want/need a hard top, it's that good.

RSjeep30

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude, 2019 2 dr Rubicon Ocean Blue Metallic [Hoping to order 12/18]
Occupation
Structural Designer
That is terrific!
I have an ocean blue rubicon. All loaded other than infotainment (which I do not regret not ordering, but I’m not a techie)
Only thing I would have done different is to order a soft top rather than hard top. I am looking to order post market, and will cost me an additional 2100 most likely. If you like to go topless, a soft top is a better choice. Imho
TBH, my biggest debate was hard vs. soft top. I was thinking hard top because of the lovely NY climate but am most likely going with the soft top. I would have it opened up a lot. Want the whole "Jeep experience" lol

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
TBH, my biggest debate was hard vs. soft top. I was thinking hard top because of the lovely NY climate but am most likely going with the soft top. I would have it opened up a lot. Want the whole "Jeep experience" lol
I agree. I’m in Georgia, and thought hard top will keep me cooler in summer and warmer in winter. The heating is fantastic, don’t laugh, but I heated my steering wheel when it went down to 45.
No flexibility with hard top, either all on or all off. The top front panels are so easy to remove, but all it does is have the sun beat up on my head.
I am definitely ordering a soft top.
Let us know!

Sponsored

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
My DIY sun screen!
I'm heading down to the Everglades Wednesday morning and thought I might could use a screen.
Works well! No flapping at 50-55 mph. Only thing I think I would probably do different is double up on the screen.

20181111_111026.jpg