Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
Great news, I was just notified by my dealer that my JL is in "G" status which I believe is trim status!

Still hopeful to take delivery by end of July which is/was my deadline to my dealer. Told him a few weeks back that if not received by end of July i will cancel and wait for 2019 model year.
I know it is different for each order but mine was delivered to dealer in central Illinois around 9 days after I hit Trim!
Sponsored

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
** Last tracking update: 06/27/2018 9:30 pm EDT **

N still no love
Ridiculous. No idea what the problem is, but suspect there are multiple systems to pull info from and none stay in sync. So instead we get mostly half assed info.

Think I will deal with this like a proper adult. By that I mean grab some chocolate milk, jump in bed, and watch Rick and Morty

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I had the 37s and wheels before I even had the Jeep. Just picked up the Jeep today and hoping to get a Superchip in the next couple of days so I can get them installed. Pics to come.

5F6F246D-2AE9-449C-B38E-8AF586A7EA90.jpeg
Can’t wait to see! Looks like you’ll be the first on this site that I can find.

Moosh67

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (ordered 2/26/18)

Bigpackdaddy75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
You all are awesome....will post more in a bit. Just got home, showered and getting ready to eat for the first time today but here's some promised pics for now. I'll check back in in a bit with impressions and gratitude
IMG_2555.jpg
IMG_2559.jpg
IMG_2562.jpg
IMG_2563.jpg
IMG_2565.jpg
IMG_2566.jpg
IMG_2568.jpg
IMG_2571.jpg
IMG_2572.jpg
IMG_2575.jpg
IMG_2576.jpg
IMG_2579.jpg
IMG_2584.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg
IMG_2589.jpg
IMG_2590.jpg
IMG_2591.jpg
IMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2596.jpg
IMG_2597.jpg
IMG_2599.jpg
IMG_2600.jpg
IMG_2601.jpg
IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2604.jpg
IMG_2606.jpg
IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg
My Rubi came with all black rubber mats, no red JEEP? How did you get the red Jeel logo and the red trim ring in the center console cup holders?

Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
My Rubi came with all black rubber mats, no red JEEP? How did you get the red Jeel logo and the red trim ring in the center console cup holders?
i bought the floor mats from Quadratech myself awhile back. There was another 2-door (Sport) for a client of my salesman at the dealership today so I asked him to give the black-logo mats that came with my jL it to his other client as a gift.

The rubber inserts in the cupholders come as part of a set (link below)-they don't currently have a set for JLs with leather interiors-the only difference is the liner for the door handles won't fit apparently but I wasn't planning on using them anyway so I just ordered the set that's available now. They have several other trim colors as well. You can find it on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DC9SMTP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

or you can preorder the "leather" interior version on their site here:
https://cupholderhero.com/jl-leather-preorder/

JeepVirgin

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
You all are awesome....will post more in a bit. Just got home, showered and getting ready to eat for the first time today but here's some promised pics for now. I'll check back in in a bit with impressions and gratitude
IMG_2555.jpg
IMG_2559.jpg
IMG_2562.jpg
IMG_2563.jpg
IMG_2565.jpg
IMG_2566.jpg
IMG_2568.jpg
IMG_2571.jpg
IMG_2572.jpg
IMG_2575.jpg
IMG_2576.jpg
IMG_2579.jpg
IMG_2584.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg
IMG_2589.jpg
IMG_2590.jpg
IMG_2591.jpg
IMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2596.jpg
IMG_2597.jpg
IMG_2599.jpg
IMG_2600.jpg
IMG_2601.jpg
IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2604.jpg
IMG_2606.jpg
IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg
Congrats! Very nice! I saw mine at the dealership today and pick it up Friday.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Things moving along at a good clip, who knows for how long.
Today at noon in Cincinnati, arrived in Louisville by 6pm. Gosh, this is exciting! Dealer said to expect it second week of July. I sure hope so!

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
Sticker just showed up on Cyrpto.... it doesn’t have my name on it. Is that common? I was hoping to frame my “built for Jason” window sticker and hang it in my man cave

Sponsored

echris1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2dr, 1995 Wrangler Sahara
Just got my sticker on Crypto as well. Also got a call from my dealer updating me, he is estimating two weeks or so.

My sticker doesn't show the name either EarlyJK, I think I read somewhere they add that later when they print it.

Woot. Also, those pics of the Billet Silver look awesome, can't wait =)

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my sticker on Crypto as well. Also got a call from my dealer updating me, he is estimating two weeks or so.

My sticker doesn't show the name either EarlyJK, I think I read somewhere they add that later when they print it.

Woot. Also, those pics of the Billet Silver look awesome, can't wait =)
You are correct-your name only appears on the paper sticker that comes with your Jeep. You're going to love the Billet Silver in person...it pops!

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First off, let me say thank you to you all. It was so helpful to me to be part of such a positive, encouraging community. We have built something special here in our little 2-door Unicorn space. I have noticed over and over that when one of us has become frustrated or despondent, the rest have been there to lift them up. And the exchange of information has been so beneficial to us all. I can’t imagine what it would have been like to go this alone. Thank you all! I am forever grateful.

Now, for my impressions/reflections on today.

FINANCING:

I was originally planning on leasing to keep payments low, but the current rate with Chrysler Financing was a money factor of .00281 (effective interest rate of 6.74%) for 48 months with a residual of 62% which all sounded ridiculous to me. I was able to finance through a local credit union at 3.49% for 7 years and the payment was only $50 more than the lease payment would have been.

FIRST MODS (Low-hanging Fruit):

Mods before driving off the lot (I think the salespeople thought I was a maniac…just couldn’t wait. I had been shopping for nearly seven months):

-Mopar Grill/Winch Guard

-GPCA Grab Handles

-Red “JEEP” all-season floormats swapped out/installed mats correctly with drain holes

-replaced dealer license plate frames

-Steering Wheel Cover

-Rubber mats in cupholders and dash tray

-13” Antennax off-road antennas

-had to put the top down before driving off as well-super easy and quick

DRIVING:

Hell to the yeah…..LOVE this Jeep! I am actually going to enjoy driving again. I do totally get what folks have been saying about the steering drift when I first got behind the wheel-thought I was going to hit something. I had asked them to air down the tires to 37 PSI which they said they did, but the TPMS registered around 39 so I let out some more air myself and got it to about 36-37 all around. After driving for a bit I no longer noticed any real issue. It definitely drives differently than my 2015 JKUR…feel like I’m floating is the only way I can describe it (iIt handles like butter.) After driving about 50 miles today, I have become one with “Merc” (short for Mercury/Mercurius):

-Mercury is the closest planet to the sun and is named after the Roman god Mercurius.

-It is the fastest moving planet in our solar system.

-Mercury looks pretty, in its shiny, fast-moving liquid form

-The symbol Hg that mercury is known by comes from its Greek name, hydrargyrum, which means "liquid silver" to reflect its shiny surface. The element is also known as quicksilver for its mobility.

-Mercury can be dangerous

Took city streets and backroads home, the again for a late night drive. I’m following the recommend break-in procedures on this Jeep…don’t want to start a debate on that here, but this is finally the vehicle with everything I could want and plan on keeping it for a long time so not going to take any chances. I’ve never had one vehicle for longer than three years-this will be my first.

8-speed tranny is smoooooth-don't even notice when it's shifting. Huge improvement over the 5-speed in the JKs.

The turning radius is awesome-seems almost unreal.

LED headlights are a major improvement.

INTERIOR:

Seats are way comfortable. I am 6’2 and have plenty of headroom and legroom. No issue whatsoever.

Finishes throughout are SO nice. Designers did a tremendous job. I love the “Redical” dash and have chosen to totally embrace the color with the accessories I have chosen (as you probably noticed from my pics.) I’m not 100% sure about the steering wheel cover-could use some perspective from you all: cool or ridiculous looking? I trust your judgement and you won’t hurt my feelings LOL!

INFOTAINMENT:

The Alpine is amazeballs! The one in my JKUR was great but this blows it away. The only difference between the two that I’ve been able to research to be the upgrade of the 3.5” speakers from 2.5” speakers, but it is a significant improvement.

Touchscreen is super responsive and intuitive, not to mention beautiful.

The entire dash looks AWESOME at night.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

No complaints....not one. Totally worth the wait. Completely at peace this evening.

I’m probably leaving out a lot. I’m pretty burnt tonight, But I’m available to you all with any questions or requests for specific pictures, measurements, whatever. Just ask!

For my friends out there still waiting, especially @alltimesaresoon-HANG IN THERE! You are almost there, At the end of the road, you will not be disappointed.

hang.jpg

Last edited:

cfenoglio

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2dr Rubicon, 2017 4dr rubicon, ordered a 2018JL 2dr rubicon
Does the Rubicon steel bumper come with the bull bar? I had not noticed that previously.

cfenoglio

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2dr Rubicon, 2017 4dr rubicon, ordered a 2018JL 2dr rubicon
Looks like yours caught up to mine and they made it to Pearland together. Start the drive back from Maine tomorrow hopefully it will be at the dealer when I get home.
My dealer said trucks were backed up and may take a week from Pearland to League City, some 15 miles. So maybe, 212 days.
Sponsored