Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

LUDACRIS

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ-R IMPACT ORANGE, 2000 CHEROKEE, 1996 CHEROKEE and JUST ORDERED A JL-R (still on order but ordered a JLRU that has already came in and I am enjoying)(JEEP WISE- MANY OTHER TOYS)
I did just want to say, I certainly wanted my 2 door more than my 4door buuuuuuut my 4 door exact build as my 2 door only took exactly 4 weeks from order day to doing paperwork driving it home. That's just crazy to me. My 2 door was ordered well over a month before and I am sure no where near D1 (PST March order), and there is just as many 4 door orders put in. That factory must just be a rocket at getting vehicles built.
Sponsored

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
I did just want to say, I certainly wanted my 2 door more than my 4door buuuuuuut my 4 door exact build as my 2 door only took exactly 4 weeks from order day to doing paperwork driving it home.
That in itself is the infuriating/ ridiculous aspect of this whole ordeal. Delays and issues come up but when you see folks waiting a fraction of the time to get their Wranglers....well it just plain stinks!

LUDACRIS

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ-R IMPACT ORANGE, 2000 CHEROKEE, 1996 CHEROKEE and JUST ORDERED A JL-R (still on order but ordered a JLRU that has already came in and I am enjoying)(JEEP WISE- MANY OTHER TOYS)
That in itself is the infuriating/ ridiculous aspect of this whole ordeal. Delays and issues come up but when you see folks waiting a fraction of the time to get their Wranglers....well it just plain stinks!
agreed my friend

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Cristina, since you are on the other site ;), look at JLUs that have been received that were rail-carred to your location and had similar listed event codes to get an estimated timeline. Mine's eventually heading to Selkirk, NY for example. Given the federal holiday I'm guessing mine will be on the train this Wednesday the earliest and Saturday the latest. Barring anything really weird I expect to have mine at the dealer June 15th-ish. :movember:
Under build sheets, right?
And I can’t navigate it much anyway... I’m pretty lame with that.

Last edited:

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)
On climate how do you change from celceius to fariheight ? or do I sell it to Canada ?
Double what you see, than add 32... cheaper than moving. :)
☼|||||||☼

Sponsored

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Under build sheets, right?
And I can’t navigate it much anyway... I’m pretty lame with that.
Nope. Scroll down under Build Status. There are posts with Delivered Vehicles -2018 Models.

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Thank You. I'm too old for this stuff. I think the salesmen must ride with you
about 4hr to go over it all !!
Well don’t thank me, I wasn’t much help!:giggle:
I wish I could remember! I’m trying to find it in the manual....

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Got an email today on my old order apologizing for having no updates, but letting me know PST’s are in production and will be built in order received.

Sooo...... at this rate I am hoping to get my new order in August. Or something.

Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
I’m hoping this post will help dispel any fears that the sub being in the floor in 2-doors will not sound good or will be tough to maintain.

I’m prepping my ’15 Rubi (with the subwoofer in the floor) to return it to tomorrow (lease is up after three years) so was out washing/cleaning it so it’s completely emptied out. I drove it around with the stereo on full blast listening to some tracks with heavy bass. Then, did a full-on grocery run and placed all the bags over the sub so it was completed covered with heavy bags. As far as I could tell there was no degradation in bass at all-if anything it sounded better…here’s a good, quick explanation of how subwoofers work (start at 0:38):

I know that I have posted this next part a few times already, but adding it here in case some have missed it.

The in-floor subwoofer is extremely hearty and definitely waterproof. I spilled an entire bottle of Coke shortly after I first got it. Removed the sub, brought it in the house and soaked it and sprayed it out a few times. Figured it was probably ruined anyway so I might as well try. It still works perfectly three years later.

I took some shots of the sub today as well to show how it looks after three years of use. Not sure how helpful these will be or how much you can actually see (please excuse the dog hair), but it does show the grill is still in great shape-no scrapes, dents, etc and you can’t really see it but there isn’t much dust/debris under the grill either:

5.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

1.jpg

I hope this all helps. My opinion is that besides losing the storage space there is really no real downside for this setup. Feel free to ask me any questions if I haven’t covered something.

And solely for my own entertainment...Ella's last ride in Jake II :
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Just home from turning in my 2015 Rubi...in a rented Jetta for now which is painful. But, they did have a 4-door Rubi in Billet Silver that I got to spend some time with while I was there. Three impressions:

1. The Billet Silver looks awesome on the new Rubi-you really have to see it in person.
2. The stereo ROCKS-much improved over the Alpine in my '15 which was already pretty good and I was very happy with.
3. As hard as this all has been, it is most definitely worth the wait.

Also of interest, as I was pulling in to the dealership I received my email from the Jeep Information Center informing me that my build was in D1....something I learned over 5 days ago from my dealer.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Waiting 6 months is RIDICULOUS. Sweet Water was calling Jeep like every other day and emailing too. I think he was the squeakiest wheel and got greased. But, I would be shocked if they would offer something like that across the board. 2018 will be a "limited release" due to the numbers of 2drs. I don't know how well this will help our resale. But, it is ridiculous to order so early on and wait so long. They really should not have taken orders so far in advance. I hope the wait is worth it too. I have definitely lost any sense of excitement or anticipation. I hope it returns before I go pick it up, whenever that is...
I talked to a case manager a few weeks ago, he said he would "take care of me" told me to call back after my jeep was delivered but before i picked it up.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Got an email today on my old order apologizing for having no updates, but letting me know PST’s are in production and will be built in order received.

Sooo...... at this rate I am hoping to get my new order in August. Or something.
got the same email today
Sponsored