keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Sorry to say, but that is CAPITALISM.

FCA could not care less about you, me, or the scant few of us on this forum. The JLU makes them the money, and that is their priority.

Unethical? Now that's a political discussion for not this forum.

Ordered Jan 31
Status at last dealer check: D
Granite
V6-manual
Cloth
HT
Towing
8.4 UC
LED
Steel
black top/fenders

Driving my mother's Cadillac and hating it for the last 3 months!
Yes its capitalism , but for many of us this is our 2nd,3rd,4th jeep. My third and second factory order. Good business is keeping your loyal customers happy. I think jeep owes all us loyal 2doorers a 500.00$ golden ticket!

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Yes its capitalism , but for many of us this is our 2nd,3rd,4th jeep. My third and second factory order. Good business is keeping your loyal customers happy. I think jeep owes all us loyal 2doorers a 500.00$ golden ticket!
That would be nice, considering my last one expired, but dont hold your breath.

terrytnt

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB and BMW
This is a little of topic, but I have a question for those who wish to answer. I order my 2 dr sport s/ with PST 1/8, my salesman said I could not add another option once in D with VIN, however, I read on an earlier post that if the salesman calls FCA, that can/ and will modify the order.

Here's the question; about the only option I didn't opt for for the Rear Differential Upgrade and AT Tires. Now, I may do some off road (my first Jeep) but not a majority of the time. Would it be worth the upgrade, especially for the tires?

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
This is a little of topic, but I have a question for those who wish to answer. I order my 2 dr sport s/ with PST 1/8, my salesman said I could not add another option once in D with VIN, however, I read on an earlier post that if the salesman calls FCA, that can/ and will modify the order.

Here's the question; about the only option I didn't opt for for the Rear Differential Upgrade and AT Tires. Now, I may do some off road (my first Jeep) but not a majority of the time. Would it be worth the upgrade, especially for the tires?
Remember all the wranglers are trail rated, which means all of them are better off-road than most other vehicles on the market. If you arent planning on doing anything too hectic I wouldnt worry about it too much

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon

obviously the tires are an easy upgrade. the differentials a little more trcky to do yourself, but thats what s so great about owning a wrangler no shortage of aftermarket parts and shops to install them if you cant .

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Figured I'd just post the images here.
Love the red. However, it's the colour of my current JK and I need to do something different. I landed on Bright White, but not entirely happy with that.

Also, never noticed before that the rear seat headrests fold down. That's cool because that's a rear visibility issue with my JK.

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Love the red. However, it's the colour of my current JK and I need to do something different. I landed on Bright White, but not entirely happy with that.
also did bright white with black flares and black premium soft top - it looks awesome. thinking of putting on a 10th anniversary front number with red hooks and wheel lockers with red ring - that should give it just enough bling without being overwhelming

Sponsored

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak

Also, never noticed before that the rear seat headrests fold down. That's cool because that's a rear visibility issue with my JK.
I also got the white, I think it looks great. Maybe not so exotic but I think it looks the best

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also did bright white with black flares and black premium soft top - it looks awesome. thinking of putting on a 10th anniversary front number with red hooks and wheel lockers with red ring - that should give it just enough bling without being overwhelming
I'm doing the same thing with a hardtop - black with black fender flares. Combine that with the black vent covers and you get a striking black and white contrast which is what sold me on that choice.

However, I had major second thoughts two weeks ago. I was driving down the street in Winnipeg with the most car dealerships. Every dealership I passed had white vehicles facing the street. It looked like the vast majority of cars for sale in the city are now white. I thought, what have I done? Am I going to end up with a vehicle lost in a sea of sameness?

And then it hit me - Winnipeg Whiteout. Our NHL Jets have made the playoffs this year, which doesn't happen that often. Fan tradition is to wear white to playoff games. This year, car dealers have gotten into the act and made sure every vehicle facing passing traffic is white. Yesterday, I took my Vette to the dealership for an oil change and every vehicle on the showroom floor was white. This will eventually pass.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also got the white, I think it looks great. Maybe not so exotic but I think it looks the best
I do think it looks good, but I really wanted a colour other than those that can accurately be captured with a black and white camera. That's about 80% of the vehicles on the road today. There were only three non b/w colours available when I ordered - Blue, Red and Punkin. Already have a blue Vette, a red JK and can't see myself in a mobile pumpkin. I prefer primary colours, which left black or white. As much as I like black, I don't want the upkeep required to keep black looking good. So white it is.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is mine, except I ordered black interior. Tan looks pretty nice though.
Once had a red Vette with a tan interior since it was a wannabe Ferrari and that's the traditional Ferrari aesthetic. It taught me never to do another tan interior. Any visual imperfections (leather cracking, interior scuffing, dirt, wear etc.) are highlighted by the light colour. Every vehicle of mine since has either had a black or dark grey interior and has worn far better. Granted, I'm in a cold climate where I don't have to be worried about getting burned on sun heated black seats.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Once had a red Vette with a tan interior since it was a wannabe Ferrari and that's the traditional Ferrari aesthetic. It taught me never to do another tan interior. Any visual imperfections (leather cracking, interior scuffing, dirt, wear etc.) are highlighted by the light colour. Every vehicle of mine since has either had a black or dark grey interior and has worn far better. Granted, I'm in a cold climate where I don't have to be worried about getting burned on sun heated black seats.
I almost wanna go tan on Ocean Blue, as my black leather has been burning my ass for three summers now.

Also, no more aluminium shift knobs, for the same reason. Shit hurts!
Sponsored