2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Fred

First Name
Fred
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
I don't believe it but it must be true. I just called Jeep to get a status update and was told my Rubi is about to be shipped! Estimated ship date of the 12th. Sure hope this is true!! And also very happy for Sweet water and blueshirtz11 !Looking forward to seeing more good news and pictures here!

Advertisement

PavementWarrior

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I almost wanna go tan on Ocean Blue, as my black leather has been burning my ass for three summers now.

Also, no more aluminium shift knobs, for the same reason. Shit hurts!
Oh man, I had a B&M pistol grip shifter once, in hot CA sun .. I think I still have a bit of B&M burned into my palm 30 years later lol.

But ya, I did not like tan at first then the light went on think of hot sun on black.. hmm

GRAK

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Stoked for you guys.. at least post arrival photos before you disappear into the sunset please :champagne:

My window sticker just became available! :rock:
Just came in HOT off the press WINDOW STICKER. Click on it!!

Your VIN tracking status has changed!

Sticker [FOUND]

Build Sheet [FOUND]

jl.cryptostickers.net
I don't believe it but it must be true. I just called Jeep to get a status update and was told my Rubi is about to be shipped! Estimated ship date of the 12th. Sure hope this is true!! And also very happy for Sweet water and blueshirtz11 !Looking forward to seeing more good news and pictures here!

Vintage

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
dont wait call him!
I just did - they told me "D status and usually built within 30 days of reaching this status." I said, I have been D since late January/early February. They are having a "case manager" review my file and get back to me . . . . . . I am so so very excited and positive :(

OP
warc1

warc1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Yeah, C6/'09. I hit the flip up button when it's really bad, not really a solution though.
Had a C6/08 and I think I know why it was never a problem - my location. The higher latitude in Canada means the sun never climbs as high in the sky so it may never hit the angle that causes issues for you.

GRAK

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Had a C6/08 and I think I know why it was never a problem - my location. The higher latitude in Canada means the sun never climbs as high in the sky so it may never hit the angle that causes issues for you.
Makes sense.. yeah it's even more pronounced now in Phoenix. Probably going to get that spiderweb shade thing for the Jeep

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Jeep Forum rule #1 Don't ever mention a Miata
Rule #2 Jeep owners should never be seen in or near a Miata unless they are cruising past it in their Jeep.
Rule #3 Never own a Miata
Rule #4 If you own a Miata or have ever owned one or even considered purchasing one, for the sake of yourself never mention it lol

Lol JK Miatas aren't too bad especially the new ones. But seriously...
Ha! Never thought much of them until the new gen. Crazy fun to drive, like a go cart for adults!

But after 17 years in two seaters (first Corvette then Miata) I am ready for something new.

LandaJeep

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
I have been laying pretty low and enjoying the folks and banter on this string. For the heck of it I called the new Jeep line and was given the depressing “still in D status” news. My build is a Granite Rubi, AT, LED, PST and all the tech and entertainment packages. I ordered on 1/12 so was pretty early to the game.

I know this has been asked before so feel free to flame me but any confirmed PST’s in D1 status?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I have been laying pretty low and enjoying the folks and banter on this string. For the heck of it I called the new Jeep line and was given the depressing “still in D status” news. My build is a Granite Rubi, AT, LED, PST and all the tech and entertainment packages. I ordered on 1/12 so was pretty early to the game.

I know this has been asked before so feel free to flame me but any confirmed PST’s in D1 status?
I don't believe so. Don't count on any to start before mid may.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
I should have known. Called back to double check and got the same old "all the parts have been gathered ....." So I ask "what is the status code?" D1. Ship date of 4.28. Not going to happen. So I have dropped back to still waiting, still wondering, want my Jeep club!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
So I just called the 877 number, costumer care line. He confirmed I’m still in D1. Didn’t give me a build date, but “estimated on rail for transport” 5/31.
Ordered 3/7, OB, black hard top, LED, tow, 8speed, Black fenders, and cant remember what else.
Although I can’t say I’m all that confident on accuracy, it might happen. But I’m still not writing off Christmas. It will come when good and ready (I hope)

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I ordered 1-1 and will be happy if I get it before 6-1

Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement