Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Stoked for you guys.. at least post arrival photos before you disappear into the sunset please :champagne:

My window sticker just became available! :rock:
Just came in HOT off the press WINDOW STICKER. Click on it!!

Your VIN tracking status has changed!

Sticker [FOUND]

Build Sheet [FOUND]

jl.cryptostickers.net
I don't believe it but it must be true. I just called Jeep to get a status update and was told my Rubi is about to be shipped! Estimated ship date of the 12th. Sure hope this is true!! And also very happy for Sweet water and blueshirtz11 !Looking forward to seeing more good news and pictures here!
Sponsored

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
dont wait call him!
I just did - they told me "D status and usually built within 30 days of reaching this status." I said, I have been D since late January/early February. They are having a "case manager" review my file and get back to me . . . . . . I am so so very excited and positive :(

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Yeah, C6/'09. I hit the flip up button when it's really bad, not really a solution though.
Had a C6/08 and I think I know why it was never a problem - my location. The higher latitude in Canada means the sun never climbs as high in the sky so it may never hit the angle that causes issues for you.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Had a C6/08 and I think I know why it was never a problem - my location. The higher latitude in Canada means the sun never climbs as high in the sky so it may never hit the angle that causes issues for you.
Makes sense.. yeah it's even more pronounced now in Phoenix. Probably going to get that spiderweb shade thing for the Jeep

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Jeep Forum rule #1 Don't ever mention a Miata
Rule #2 Jeep owners should never be seen in or near a Miata unless they are cruising past it in their Jeep.
Rule #3 Never own a Miata
Rule #4 If you own a Miata or have ever owned one or even considered purchasing one, for the sake of yourself never mention it lol

Lol JK Miatas aren't too bad especially the new ones. But seriously...
Ha! Never thought much of them until the new gen. Crazy fun to drive, like a go cart for adults!

But after 17 years in two seaters (first Corvette then Miata) I am ready for something new.

Sponsored

LandaJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
I have been laying pretty low and enjoying the folks and banter on this string. For the heck of it I called the new Jeep line and was given the depressing “still in D status” news. My build is a Granite Rubi, AT, LED, PST and all the tech and entertainment packages. I ordered on 1/12 so was pretty early to the game.

I know this has been asked before so feel free to flame me but any confirmed PST’s in D1 status?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I have been laying pretty low and enjoying the folks and banter on this string. For the heck of it I called the new Jeep line and was given the depressing “still in D status” news. My build is a Granite Rubi, AT, LED, PST and all the tech and entertainment packages. I ordered on 1/12 so was pretty early to the game.

I know this has been asked before so feel free to flame me but any confirmed PST’s in D1 status?
I don't believe so. Don't count on any to start before mid may.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I should have known. Called back to double check and got the same old "all the parts have been gathered ....." So I ask "what is the status code?" D1. Ship date of 4.28. Not going to happen. So I have dropped back to still waiting, still wondering, want my Jeep club!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
So I just called the 877 number, costumer care line. He confirmed I’m still in D1. Didn’t give me a build date, but “estimated on rail for transport” 5/31.
Ordered 3/7, OB, black hard top, LED, tow, 8speed, Black fenders, and cant remember what else.
Although I can’t say I’m all that confident on accuracy, it might happen. But I’m still not writing off Christmas. It will come when good and ready (I hope)

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I ordered 1-1 and will be happy if I get it before 6-1

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I hope you’re before me! You deserve it! I’m cool, set to wait.
We all deserve them. Hopefully soon

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I should have known. Called back to double check and got the same old "all the parts have been gathered ....." So I ask "what is the status code?" D1. Ship date of 4.28. Not going to happen. So I have dropped back to still waiting, still wondering, want my Jeep club!
I went back and looked at your most recent posts, and other than this one, I think you've got pretty reliable information on timing. The Reddit info is proving the most accurate since that is straight from the factory and you were told that you should enter framing on May 11. That was based on your current gateline number, which is a quantifiable measure as opposed to an unsupported date. You wrote that this afternoon's call to Jeep resulted in an estimated ship date of May 12, which is consistent since it takes two to three days to get through the build.

Now's a good time to talk about the meaning of estimated ship date since it definitely doesn't mean the date it gets put on a truck to your dealer. Again, going through the Reddit posts and other dealer/FCA posts on this forum, I infer that "ship" refers to the date that the build is complete and leaves, or is shipped out of the factory.

However, it's still in Toledo. Inspections may reveal quality issues that are dealt with in a separate repair shop. Depending on the model and options, it may go to a local third party for specific add-ons (e.g. headliners, decals). Once past that, it is sent to the transport lot that is run by another third party. They are the ones responsible for scheduling the shipments and arranging transport within guidelines set by FCA.

When you finally get your vehicle is dependent on location and method of shipment. If you are close to Toledo, like Sweet Water, it will get loaded on a truck and you could see it in days. For most, the destination is far enough away that it travels by rail. Then you are dependent on there being enough vehicles going to the same distribution point to fill the necessary rail cars. Once on the rails, the cars may sit in yards waiting to be passed off from one railroad to another. When they get to a distribution point, they can again sit until they are transloaded to trucks that may go straight to the dealer or may go to another intermediate yard.

This is convoluted, but from what I can see, 3 weeks for delivery after the "ship" date seems nominal if you look at destinations nation-wide. There are many examples of it being less, but as we know from this forum, some have waited six weeks or more. Being in Canada, I'll be surprised if I see my JLR within four weeks after the "ship" date which is now around May 1.

Bottom line, don't be discouraged. You're near the finish line compared to where you started and you'll likely get yours before I get mine. BTW, we're build brothers since we have the same 1-8 order date and were both initially assigned the same 4-28 ship date.
Sponsored

Last edited: