First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Only new pic I have with soft top this year. 7" of snow last night and cold temps today so no windows off or top down. Next week in 70s so more then.
IMG_20200407_152249.jpg
Very clean.

I like the steps. Did you keep the sliders for trail rides? What lights are you running?

I do like the safari top and how it can fold all the way back. Summer will be nice.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
It's well made. I bought one last Nov but still need to install it. Looks like it only take a few minutes to install. Great for hikes, beaches, boating, fishing.
That is pretty funny! Well I already went ahead and ordered one. Thanks again! I won’t have to carry my registration in my wallet.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Another topic, Jeep events. Had to cancel Myrtle Beach.
But for any south-easterner (or thereabouts), I am planning to go again to Sheriff’s JEEPFEST in Jasper, North Georgia, so much fun! It will be on Labor Day.
Also Dixie Run in Tennessee, a bit far but hey.... it will be in October.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
That is pretty funny! Well I already went ahead and ordered one. Thanks again! I won’t have to carry my registration in my wallet.
You can always take a picture of your registration on your phone also. Cops might be a little suspicious if you tell them you need to exit the vehicle and get to a secret safe that's located in your hitch? lol.

Laminate or place the registration in a ziplock baggie if you do decide to put it in the hitch safe. It's not waterproof.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another topic, Jeep events. Had to cancel Myrtle Beach.
But for any south-easterner (or thereabouts), I am planning to go again to Sheriff’s JEEPFEST in Jasper, North Georgia, so much fun! It will be on Labor Day.
Also Dixie Run in Tennessee, a bit far but hey.... it will be in October.
I honestly wonder if some of the car events for the rest of the year will be cancelled due to covid19. A lot of car events in the Chicago area have been cancelled.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
It's well made. I bought one last Nov but still need to install it. Looks like it only take a few minutes to install. Great for hikes, beaches, boating, fishing.
Can I make a suggestion? Apply an anti-seize grease to the pins that go into the receiver hitch and hold the safe in place. I had one on my Tacoma, intended on installing it on the Jeep but that didn't happen. Why? I couldn't remove it when I traded in the truck for the Rubicon.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly wonder if some of the car events for the rest of the year will be cancelled due to covid19. A lot of car events in the Chicago area have been cancelled.
I'm still hoping for Jeep Beach in September.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Very clean.

I like the steps. Did you keep the sliders for trail rides? What lights are you running?

I do like the safari top and how it can fold all the way back. Summer will be nice.
Still have the rails but being average height and in my 70s I decided I needed a little help getting in and out, hence the steps. Have KC Daylighter LED spotlights, KC Daylighter HID driving lights, LED side lights and rear lights. I spend a couple of months of the year in the Rockies in Idaho and it gets dark at night so I like to have light. I might add rock lights this summer.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Very clean.

I agree. I o my use safari top in summer. Sun is brutal here in Georgia, no need to get sunstroke.

Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
You can always take a picture of your registration on your phone also. Cops might be a little suspicious if you tell them you need to exit the vehicle and get to a secret safe that's located in your hitch? lol.

Laminate or place the registration in a ziplock baggie if you do decide to put it in the hitch safe. It's not waterproof.
Omg! That is SO funny!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I am waiting for a review of a console safe or under the seat safe also.

Do you have a hitch? Not the most convient but a simple solution if you have a hitch. Great if you go swimming at the beach, hiking, fishing, boating. Any place you don't want to risk getting valuables and FOB wet, lost, or damaged. Just place the FOB in a Faraday bag to block the FOB transmuter signal to keep it from activating the Proximity Locks if anyone has them. Less then $50.

71TIF2s1QuL._AC_SL1088_.jpg

91J8QsQ-bcS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I am waiting for a review of a console safe or under the seat safe also.

Do you have a hitch? Not the most convient but a simple solution if you have a hitch. Great if you go swimming at the beach, hiking, fishing, boating. Any place you don't want to risk getting valuables and FOB wet, lost, or damaged. Just place the FOB in a Faraday bag to block the FOB transmuter signal to keep it from activating the Proximity Locks if anyone has them. Less then $50.

71TIF2s1QuL._AC_SL1088_.jpg

91J8QsQ-bcS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
My only concern would be corrosion due to outside. If you don’t leave it installed year round and graphite the lock mechanism you may be fine. I know me and my luck though hahaha

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My only concern would be corrosion due to outside. If you don’t leave it installed year round and graphite the lock mechanism you may be fine. I know me and my luck though hahaha
It would be a good idea to check it every once in a while. I plan on using it when I go hiking and fishing. Maybe even pull it in winter? Will report back. lol.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Build it and they will come they said

IMG_20200418_080750_058.jpg

IMG_20200302_235934_424.jpg

IMG_20200208_185111_395.jpg
Sponsored