Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Installed the Tuffy security enclosure. Soft top goes back on next week.
IMG_20200404_161449_kindlephoto-226339206.jpg
Where did you buy it and how much? Recommend it? Thanks.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you buy it and how much? Recommend it? Thanks.
I didn't want the expense of the other solutions so went with this one. I got it at Walmart.com for $417 with free shipping and in my case it was here the next day. Tuffy said they were out of stock and wouldn't have more for a while so they said to try to find one in stock somewhere. I think it is a good unit, easy to install/remove, and will provide good protection. Downside you can remove the top (and front panel) for large loads but the top is heavy and getting it aligned to put it back on can take a few minutes. Also you can not get the soft top down far enough to lock into place - not sure if any of them will allow that.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't want the expense of the other solutions so went with this one. I got it at Walmart.com for $417 with free shipping and in my case it was here the next day. Tuffy said they were out of stock and wouldn't have more for a while so they said to try to find one in stock somewhere. I think it is a good unit, easy to install/remove, and will provide good protection. Downside you can remove the top (and front panel) for large loads but the top is heavy and getting it aligned to put it back on can take a few minutes. Also you can not get the soft top down far enough to lock into place - not sure if any of them will allow that.
My soft top has never locked anyway. I use velcro straps.

Sponsored

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
Took advantage of AEV's Buy 4 get 5 promotion and as long as I was at it, bought a couple more for my trailer.
Love the yellow center caps!!!
IMG_0224.jpg
Like that trailer. Matches your Jeep perfectly.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
How did you get the Sarge Green? It's not even on the builder, not that they keep that up to date. Great color for the Jeep!
Thank you. Mark Fitzpatrick at Fitzpatrick's CDJR in CT was on the ball, as soon as it was available to order he did it. Easy peasy...

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Thank you. Mark Fitzpatrick at Fitzpatrick's CDJR in CT was on the ball, as soon as it was available to order he did it. Easy peasy...
Congrats! Looking forward to more pictures for sure.

Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
What about Tuffy console safe? I think someone put one (or something similar) in the Jeep. It was quite a while back; he said installation was a pain. Anyone has one? Any opinions? Weather is warming up, and as usual I say I’ll never put the doors back again. (Until it gets to 40 or below in fall...).
My one pleasure is driving her back and forth to the hospital every day. This COVID has everyone whupped :( might as well install something.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about Tuffy console safe? I think someone put one (or something similar) in the Jeep. It was quite a while back; he said installation was a pain. Anyone has one? Any opinions? Weather is warming up, and as usual I say I’ll never put the doors back again. (Until it gets to 40 or below in fall...).
My one pleasure is driving her back and forth to the hospital every day. This COVID has everyone whupped :( might as well install something.
I am waiting for a review of a console safe or under the seat safe also.

Do you have a hitch? Not the most convient but a simple solution if you have a hitch. Great if you go swimming at the beach, hiking, fishing, boating. Any place you don't want to risk getting valuables and FOB wet, lost, or damaged. Just place the FOB in a Faraday bag to block the FOB transmuter signal to keep it from activating the Proximity Locks if anyone has them. Less then $50.

71TIF2s1QuL._AC_SL1088_.jpg

91J8QsQ-bcS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
I am waiting for a review of a console safe or under the seat safe also.

Do you have a hitch? Not the most convient but a simple solution if you have a hitch. Great if you go swimming at the beach, hiking, fishing, boating. Any place you don't want to risk getting valuables and FOB wet, lost, or damaged. Just place the FOB in a Faraday bag to block the FOB transmuter signal to keep it from activating the Proximity Locks if anyone has them. Less then $50.

71TIF2s1QuL._AC_SL1088_.jpg

91J8QsQ-bcS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Ha! I like it! Thank you. That is all I need!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha! I like it! Thank you. That is all I need!
It's well made. I bought one last Nov but still need to install it. Looks like it only take a few minutes to install. Great for hikes, beaches, boating, fishing.
Sponsored