2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
As far as small sports cars I had a TR7, Datsun 280Z and two MGB's. Most collectable was my 67 GTO that I crashed when I was 17. Hard to pick a favorite but I can say of all the different vehicles I have owned or driven the Jeep Wrangler is my favorite!
GTO.jpg
That is gruesome, I hope it wasn’t truly your photo! Whew!!!
Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
That is gruesome, I hope it wasn’t truly your photo! Whew!!!
Yes, that was my car after a night of drinking. It was in mint condition before the crash. I ended up back in the bar not knowing where the car was but I was OK except for a few minor cuts and bruises. A few hours later we found it in a stream down a bank.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
i was and did, then i ordered the similar ones from JCR because they appeared to offer more room than the ace imo. but alas the rails did not make it in time for the trip and i got that body rub. sooooo i upgraded my order to the JCR Crusader sliders which will hide my rub too. i most likely wont see sliders till september now sadly, as they are made per order. the Ace one do not look like they are any lower than the frame and thats where you get most your hits. my other concern was weight as it appears you still leave the rubi rails on if you have them? i am looking forward to seeing someones installed and used for sure tho. im just as excited by all these new parts as everyone else is! the protection comes from spreading the load but you want to look for how they are mounted also, every piece of hardware is a potential point to get hung up.
see thats why im interested in the ace's because i want to leave the rubi rails on to hide that ugly seem.

Oh, and by the way jcr sent me a jk rear bumper thats why it didn't fit right.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Have used the Ace sliders on last two Jk Rubi and Willys with Rubicon rails. Wheel Rausch Creek and other course doing blue and moderate trails with no problems.
I also kayak so they make a nice platform to load them.

2E6AB4CC-184D-4675-8FD1-34F2740733C6.png

760310C2-5C6A-453A-A9A9-D283386184C9.jpeg
where is that second pic?

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Yes, that was my car after a night of drinking. It was in mint condition before the crash. I ended up back in the bar not knowing where the car was but I was OK except for a few minor cuts and bruises. A few hours later we found it in a stream down a bank.
Definitely someone decided to give you a second chance!

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Assateague Island Maryland
I'll be drving right by there next week on my way to obx. I've never stayed there before i have stayed at chicoteague island before.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So does anybody know when the two doors will start to appear in the North Carolina area? I have still yet to find any throughout the entire state.
I saw one or two a week ago at Lake Norman CDJ

jeeperJB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys
I'll be drving right by there next week on my way to obx. I've never stayed there before i have stayed at chicoteague island before.
Great place! The OSV is about 15 miles long to Va line. We usually go spring winter and fall when there’s no crowds.

6085B9E2-CFFB-46CF-AC69-D08BD1A52A09.jpeg

JeepVirgin

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Good morning everyone! OK, stupid question #2 coming up. Beside the head light knob are two switches. The one on the right dims/brightens the instrument panel and the one on the left dims/brightens the dome light. Is there a trick to using the one for the dome light? My dome light comes on, but I can't change the brightness level. Now, I contacted another member of this forum and he/she can't figure it out either, so it's not just me being a ditzy blonde! lol Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks guys!

Sponsored

jeeperJB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys
Gosh John, that beautiful sign in the photo makes my heart ache, I wish I could be there! Unfortunately I have a dentist appointment to go to! However I do have some time next 2 weeks.
Does anyone know any easy trails in North Carolina? I’m just a beginner.
Heading to Rausch Saturday to christen her in. Will be bolting the sliders on Friday when they arrive.

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Good morning everyone! OK, stupid question #2 coming up. Beside the head light knob are two switches. The one on the right dims/brightens the instrument panel and the one on the left dims/brightens the dome light. Is there a trick to using the one for the dome light? My dome light comes on, but I can't change the brightness level. Now, I contacted another member of this forum and he/she can't figure it out either, so it's not just me being a ditzy blonde! lol Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks guys!
I think it would be best and accurate to refer to the Owners Manual.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@JeepVirgin

Dome light can be turned on or off. Again, just on or off. It is not a light that you can adjust brightness on.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I think it would be best and accurate to refer to the Owners Manual.
RTFM? :) All 616 pages? :(

I'm only on page 58 and I've found a couple of errors so far...

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Seen you over on the Miata forums recently :) They are a blast, and if I were to ever want a weekend type vehicle I would grab one again, or more likely the 124. As a daily driver not so much. Lived that for three years and it kinda got old.
Sponsored