2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I think it would be best and accurate to refer to the Owners Manual.
The one dial does very little. It's primary function is dimming the floor lighting. Try it in the dark for best results.
Good morning everyone! OK, stupid question #2 coming up. Beside the head light knob are two switches. The one on the right dims/brightens the instrument panel and the one on the left dims/brightens the dome light. Is there a trick to using the one for the dome light? My dome light comes on, but I can't change the brightness level. Now, I contacted another member of this forum and he/she can't figure it out either, so it's not just me being a ditzy blonde! lol Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks guys!
Sponsored

Last edited:

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
Gosh John, that beautiful sign in the photo makes my heart ache, I wish I could be there! Unfortunately I have a dentist appointment to go to! However I do have some time next 2 weeks.
Does anyone know any easy trails in North Carolina? I’m just a beginner.
There's a pretty cool app called, Jeep Badge of Honor. Among other things, it shows you where the nearest trails in your area are! I have it on my phone, but can't really use it down here since there aren't any "real Jeep trails" that the app recognizes. But it does list some in NC! :jk:

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Good morning everyone! OK, stupid question #2 coming up. Beside the head light knob are two switches. The one on the right dims/brightens the instrument panel and the one on the left dims/brightens the dome light. Is there a trick to using the one for the dome light? My dome light comes on, but I can't change the brightness level. Now, I contacted another member of this forum and he/she can't figure it out either, so it's not just me being a ditzy blonde! lol Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks guys!
This is the dimmer switch Kathy (JeepVirgin) is referring to in her question (the one circled in red). It doesn't seem to dim anything. The manual says it dims the "ambient and interior lights." Mine doesn't dim anything either.
Dimmer.jpg

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The one dial does very little. It's primary function is dimming the floor lighting. Try it in the dark for best results.

@Fred
@PhotoGuy
@JeepVirgin

It's a Sport. If that is the case, it does not have ambient floor lighting, so that's a no go.

Sponsored

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Fred
@PhotoGuy

It's a Sport. If that is the case, it does not have ambient floor lighting, so that's a no go.
True, our Sports & Sport S's don't have ambient floor lighting, but we do have other "interior lights" other than the dome light. So that dimmer should dim something. Just can't figure out what!! Lol!!

bmdjeep3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
True, our Sports & Sport S's don't have ambient floor lighting, but we do have other "interior lights" other than the dome light. So that dimmer should dim something. Just can't figure out what!! Lol!!
Ive noticed itll do other interior accent lights, I noticed it most on the light for the door handle, but only a really minor change.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@PhotoGuy

Well, doubtful, you will be dimming anything else. :)
You cannot dim the dome light. Does affect dash lighting.
Your quest will come to a dead end lets say.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Great place! The OSV is about 15 miles long to Va line. We usually go spring winter and fall when there’s no crowds.

6085B9E2-CFFB-46CF-AC69-D08BD1A52A09.jpeg
have you ever been to obx? no charge to drive on the beach, and you can drive all over the trails in the back where the horse tours go. People pay 50$ to do what they could do for free if the only bought a jeep. :)

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Have used the Ace sliders on last two Jk Rubi and Willys with Rubicon rails. Wheel Rausch Creek and other course doing blue and moderate trails with no problems.
I also kayak so they make a nice platform to load them.

2E6AB4CC-184D-4675-8FD1-34F2740733C6.png

760310C2-5C6A-453A-A9A9-D283386184C9.jpeg
Can you get us an upshot, id love to see the attachment points. They look really nice.

Sponsored

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@PhotoGuy

Well, doubtful, you will be dimming anything else. :)
You cannot dim the dome light. Does affect dash lighting.
Your quest will come to a dead end lets say.
Actually, the dimmer on the left doesn't affect the dash lighting; the other dimmer does that (the one on the right hand side of the the dimmer circled in red).

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
have you ever been to obx? no charge to drive on the beach, and you can drive all over the trails in the back where the horse tours go. People pay 50$ to do what they could do for free if the only bought a jeep. :)
There is no charge on the Northern OBX beaches to DRIVE but there is now a charge if you want to PARK. So you can drive around all you want but if you want to stop and enjoy the beach or take some photos you need to have a permit. Crazy money grab.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
see thats why im interested in the ace's because i want to leave the rubi rails on to hide that ugly seem.

Oh, and by the way jcr sent me a jk rear bumper thats why it didn't fit right.
Wtf? Really? Holy smokes, you proved that with some persuasion it could sort of fit. Sheesh thats a bit disappointing. Any way they making it right?

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
There is no charge on the Northern OBX beaches to DRIVE but there is now a charge if you want to PARK. So you can drive around all you want but if you want to stop and enjoy the beach or take some photos you need to have a permit. Crazy money grab.
really when did they start that? Lots of people must be pissed , everyone would go there to fish and hangout. Thats bs but i really just like to mess around on the back trails and my kids like to see the horses. how much is the permit?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, the dimmer on the left doesn't affect the dash lighting; the other dimmer does that (the one on the right hand side of the the dimmer circled in red).
I know.... I was talking about dimming in general. :like:
Sponsored