Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at a full week now, the issue hasn't returned. Get your rear cameras replaced!
I set up an appointment! Issue is back of course now that the temperatures are low. Replacing the radio obviously does nothing, neither does the amp. I'm glad to hear the solution is finally found! Unfortunately Jeep still has no idea, or pretending they do not know. I was on the phone w/ Jeep Wave, opened up my STAR case again, they have no clue what's going on... I called my dealership, they wanted to start from scratch and start analyzing again..... I said NO, we did this all last winter!. The only documented solution so far is to CHANGE OUT THE CAMERA. They talk to me like they don't know what's going on, but I really don't believe them. Reading these forums I know I'm not the only one with these issues. I set up an appointment next week and told them to have a camera ready.
Sponsored

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well it happened all weekend. The good news is I took it yesterday morning to my dealer while it was happening, left the car running, they looked at it and ordered me a new camera. So the installation is pending but the action is underway. I asked the Service Rep if they wanted to disconnect the camera as a test and he said 'no, they've been seeing more and more of this' and replacing the camera was the right thing to do.
So did they install it and finally solve the issue? I set up my appointment to switch out the camera for next week.

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Iā€™ve been noting the camera issue to the dealership when the audio cuts out so, if I have to, I can more easily request and get a camera replacement instead of a radio replacement.

nadc451

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I just purchased a 2018 JL unlimited Rubicon - finished the paperwork late at the dealer and they closed as soon as I walked out. Went to drive away- and the audio is cutting in and out. I thought I must have his some button and so had to drive an hour home with this crazy cutting in and out all the way home. Not a great first ride in a almost new Jeep! I text the salesman when I got home. Left it in the garage overnight and now it works - the salesman calls and tells me he has never heard of this problem but if it happens again to get in touch with them. I can see this will be fun to deal with.

cmarchel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubi
I just purchased a 2018 JL unlimited Rubicon - finished the paperwork late at the dealer and they closed as soon as I walked out. Went to drive away- and the audio is cutting in and out. I thought I must have his some button and so had to drive an hour home with this crazy cutting in and out all the way home. Not a great first ride in a almost new Jeep! I text the salesman when I got home. Left it in the garage overnight and now it works - the salesman calls and tells me he has never heard of this problem but if it happens again to get in touch with them. I can see this will be fun to deal with.
nadc451. check out the last couple pages of the other issues link, https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/954232/ It should help you get the issue resolved.

Chris

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If this happens again, please send us a PM! We can provide additional support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Blue
If this happens again, please send us a PM! We can provide additional support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
So did they install it and finally solve the issue? I set up my appointment to switch out the camera for next week.
please let us know how this works out. My 18 just restarted doing this. Was good all summer. I really hate the radio issue but not having the lines when you are used to the, is a problem in the garage I park at work.

cmarchel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubi
Just wanted to give everyone an update. I have had the new camera for 3 weeks now. Been in all kinds of cold weather conditions. I have not had one problem with the radio of the camera since the new camera was installed. Took a year to resolve, but it looks as if it is fixed finally.

Milburn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited Sahara, 2018 f150 lariat fx4. 2017 f350 platinum ultimate diesel, 2015 vw sportwagen tdi sel, 2012 f150 xlt
Hello fellow jeep owners
I have a 2018 jl unlimited
8.4 inch screen.
Radio cuts in and out. While engine running. No matter what setting its set to. B.T, Sat, or local radio.

I read through some of the posting to the point that the camera is the issue.

It's a bit cold here in the north of the lower 48 today. -21c in the french system.

Here is what I found.

I gently pulled the rear plastic door panel of the rear door disconnected
the camera single white connector.
(Be careful not to break it !)
And everything works fine again without the camera.
What caught my attention was some guys were noticing the lines in the rear camera disappeared.
BiNGO!

I then cleaned the camera connection as it appears to collect dust as the rear door has a vent to outside and will get dirty depending on how you drive your buggy.
Mine is just a street unit.
With 25,000 kms.

Plugged it back in the lines re-appeared and so far everything is
Beep beep happy jeep!!:)

So it may be a temp fix to get it to the dealer or might be the connector
Needs to be better sheltered.
So far so good will keep you posted.

I love my first and only jeep.
But will pick up a new Raptor up next time.
To park next to the superduty
Instead of the jeep..
At least in my experience ford takes care of their problems.

I blame the dealers!! As they don't troubleshoot enough. They would rather sell you a new buggy then fix yours.
I have experienced stupid problems with this jeep over the last 28 months.
6 visits to a dealer for the same issue. Still did not fix the issue.
Second dealer it took them 3 tries at it.
Too many stupid issues!!
Too many to list.. easy fixes if you get into their world of how to fix things..and show them.. I don't have time.
And how about that resale value!!
The worst I have ever owned!!
( not to mention I baby my buggies)
Which brings me back to why I thought I should buy new. It should work fine without problems.
If I have to take the time to fix it for the dealer
I might as well go back to rebuilding an older unit.
You can build a nice garage for the price on one of these jeeps and
Fill it with tools to fix them.

Sorry for the rant but I am sick of dealers blah blah blah !

Funny how the guys who own them and put their heads together can fix the issues but the dealer and car companies can't.

Thanks to all for taking the time to post your problems and we can trouble shoot our way around.
Hopefully this helps someone
Cheers fellas !!!

:)

nadc451

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Darlene
Jeep Cares
So tonight it happen again - back up camera lines gone, audio cuts in and out. I sent a private message to Jeep Cares - but no response this time. Here is the video:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Blue
Hello fellow jeep owners
I have a 2018 jl unlimited
8.4 inch screen.
Radio cuts in and out. While engine running. No matter what setting its set to. B.T, Sat, or local radio.

I read through some of the posting to the point that the camera is the issue.

It's a bit cold here in the north of the lower 48 today. -21c in the french system.

Here is what I found.

I gently pulled the rear plastic door panel of the rear door disconnected
the camera single white connector.
(Be careful not to break it !)
And everything works fine again without the camera.
What caught my attention was some guys were noticing the lines in the rear camera disappeared.
BiNGO!

I then cleaned the camera connection as it appears to collect dust as the rear door has a vent to outside and will get dirty depending on how you drive your buggy.
Mine is just a street unit.
With 25,000 kms.

Plugged it back in the lines re-appeared and so far everything is
Beep beep happy jeep!!:)

So it may be a temp fix to get it to the dealer or might be the connector
Needs to be better sheltered.
So far so good will keep you posted.

I love my first and only jeep.
But will pick up a new Raptor up next time.
To park next to the superduty
Instead of the jeep..
At least in my experience ford takes care of their problems.

I blame the dealers!! As they don't troubleshoot enough. They would rather sell you a new buggy then fix yours.
I have experienced stupid problems with this jeep over the last 28 months.
6 visits to a dealer for the same issue. Still did not fix the issue.
Second dealer it took them 3 tries at it.
Too many stupid issues!!
Too many to list.. easy fixes if you get into their world of how to fix things..and show them.. I don't have time.
And how about that resale value!!
The worst I have ever owned!!
( not to mention I baby my buggies)
Which brings me back to why I thought I should buy new. It should work fine without problems.
If I have to take the time to fix it for the dealer
I might as well go back to rebuilding an older unit.
You can build a nice garage for the price on one of these jeeps and
Fill it with tools to fix them.

Sorry for the rant but I am sick of dealers blah blah blah !

Funny how the guys who own them and put their heads together can fix the issues but the dealer and car companies can't.

Thanks to all for taking the time to post your problems and we can trouble shoot our way around.
Hopefully this helps someone
Cheers fellas !!!

:)
So cold snap and my radio is on and off and my lines are gone. How is yours after adjusting connectors? Jeep ā€œcaresā€ last advice was no advice and no fix.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So tonight it happen again - back up camera lines gone, audio cuts in and out. I sent a private message to Jeep Cares - but no response this time.
Hi @nadc451,

Our team is out of the office over the weekend (and yesterday was a holiday). We apologize for the delay in response, but we have now responded to your private message to get a case started for you.

So cold snap and my radio is on and off and my lines are gone. How is yours after adjusting connectors? Jeep ā€œcaresā€ last advice was no advice and no fix.
@Hi @Cutter JLRU 2.0T,

As the Customer Care Team, we are not mechanically trained and therefore we rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. However, we have noticed that people have had success with this issue upon replacing the back-up camera. Again, we recommend that your dealer performs a proper diagnosis, as they will ultimately know the best remedy for this. Please PM if you would like additional support while at the dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Blue
Hi @nadc451,

Our team is out of the office over the weekend (and yesterday was a holiday). We apologize for the delay in response, but we have now responded to your private message to get a case started for you.

@Hi @Cutter JLRU 2.0T,

As the Customer Care Team, we are not mechanically trained and therefore we rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. However, we have noticed that people have had success with this issue upon replacing the back-up camera. Again, we recommend that your dealer performs a proper diagnosis, as they will ultimately know the best remedy for this. Please PM if you would like additional support while at the dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I have made an appointment for diagnostics on Thursday the 23 at my dealer. Will see if they find anything this time
R

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have made an appointment for diagnostics on Thursday the 23 at my dealer. Will see if they find anything this time
R
I'm having my camera switched out next Thursday so I'll let you know how that goes. Been waiting a month for this camera, get the old "its backordered" nonsense. From what I gather, and troubleshooting this for the past 2 winters, switching the camera out WILL SOLVE the problem.
No one on this forum that had their camera switched out has come back saying the problem is back.
The only problem though to anyone new to this issue, is that it is not a "documented" solution yet, so they will make you go through all the steps. I went through all the steps last year, so this year I decided to call Jeep Wave first, started a STAR case, let them know I had the same issue last winter and they attempted to switch out my radio to fix it, which it did NOT obviously, and after much arguing with them and the dealer, they finally ordered me a camera.
If you are new to this, the dealer is going to want you to bring it in when the problem is occurring so they can diagnose, which is a waste of time because even if you are able to get it to them in time when the problem actually happens, when they plug in the computer, it does not detect any issues. Probably the reason why there is no documented solution as of yet.
Even though the main issues is the audio cutting in and out, it is the backup camera and the lines disappearing that are causing the malfunction. Hardware issue obviously - something in the camera unit is off, whether its the camera itself or the connectors... replacing it is the only known solution thus far.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Blue
I'm having my camera switched out next Thursday so I'll let you know how that goes. Been waiting a month for this camera, get the old "its backordered" nonsense. From what I gather, and troubleshooting this for the past 2 winters, switching the camera out WILL SOLVE the problem.
No one on this forum that had their camera switched out has come back saying the problem is back.
The only problem though to anyone new to this issue, is that it is not a "documented" solution yet, so they will make you go through all the steps. I went through all the steps last year, so this year I decided to call Jeep Wave first, started a STAR case, let them know I had the same issue last winter and they attempted to switch out my radio to fix it, which it did NOT obviously, and after much arguing with them and the dealer, they finally ordered me a camera.
If you are new to this, the dealer is going to want you to bring it in when the problem is occurring so they can diagnose, which is a waste of time because even if you are able to get it to them in time when the problem actually happens, when they plug in the computer, it does not detect any issues. Probably the reason why there is no documented solution as of yet.
Even though the main issues is the audio cutting in and out, it is the backup camera and the lines disappearing that are causing the malfunction. Hardware issue obviously - something in the camera unit is off, whether its the camera itself or the connectors... replacing it is the only known solution thus far.
Appreciate your reply. I live in Virginia so itā€™s an intermittent problem so I get its hard to detect. Sent email back to Jeep Careā€™s will see how this plays out. Will keep posting.
Sponsored