NEW- HD diff covers from DANA!

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Confirming, you're saying Wranglers are coming with a diff cover gasket from the factory?

If that is the case, for anyone talking about waiting for the Lube Locker, I honestly wouldn't waste your money. Made that mistake before doing a diff service on my wife's ram. Busted everything down only to learn the truck came with a quality diff cover gasket already.
Reusable and high quality. I know this thread is about Dana diff covers, I replaced the factory diff cover with Motobilt and used the reusable factory gasket. My Jeep guy told me after the install, that it’s reusable, and he said it was high quality. I did this on the front Dana 30 axle, I haven’t done the rear yet, as I put the MetalCloak rear diff skid plate.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
A bit of worthless trivia on the DanaAftermarket covers: for the front, the stock M210 cover is about 3lb 8oz

The Aftermarket cover is 9lb 12oz. That's a huge difference!

You have now absorbed information you will never actually need....

IMG_20191014_131334189.jpg

IMG_20191014_131353280.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Dang computers......The data team has it fixed now!

Last edited:

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Dang computers......We're working on it!
Thanks, I see it back now. It says shipping 20 days. Now that I have the part number other vendors are saying shipping mid/late January. Any idea whats happening with these at Dana? I'd like to swap these in when I re-gear in 2 weeks but not looking good.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Thanks, I see it back now. It says shipping 20 days. Now that I have the part number other vendors are saying shipping mid/late January. Any idea whats happening with these at Dana? I'd like to swap these in when I re-gear in 2 weeks but not looking good.
I was going to do the Dana's when I service the axles next, but the Metalcloaks are 1/2 the price so will go that route. Also get a front skid in the process.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
It says shipping 20 days. Now that I have the part number other vendors are saying shipping mid/late January. Any idea whats happening with these at Dana? I'd like to swap these in when I re-gear in 2 weeks but not looking good.

Everybody is waiting on the next production run.

We put an email in asking for status, will let you know if there are any updates.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
Purchased from Northridge. Ran these covers since Sept. Beat them mercilessly. Added the Rancho skids to them. The fit was decent between the two different products. I've beat them harder since then. Two good products. I don't have a tee shirt... they are just good parts. :)
rancho front plate.jpg
45794049_917439638454449_2641131362047754240_n.jpg
I have the same combo and will be installing in a week or two. Did you have to do any grinding on the skids to get everything to bolt up?

Any other info on the install is much appreciated.

Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
You need to change the break-in oil at around 500 mi, so maybe you could do the cover then? It's good to inspect things at that time anyhow.

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
Everybody is waiting on the next production run.

We put an email in asking for status, will let you know if there are any updates.
I ordered the F&R set from NR over the thanksgiving weekend, Friday maybe. Both showed up today, one from NR the other straight from Dana. They look sweet, very heavy!

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I'm researching how I wish to beef up the underside of my Wrangler. I honestly don't need an entire skid plate system that covers everything. The state where I live doesn't have a lot of rocky trails and most of my off-roading is pretty easy stuff. That said, when I travel for various reasons to other states I try to always drive instead of fly. That means I get to explore and have fun.

For instance; when I traveled with the WI Golden Gloves team to the National Tournament last summer we went to Chattanooga. There I got to take my still mostly stock JLU on some REALLY fun trails!

So I'm thinking that these Dana covers would be ideal. Are the Rancho skids the only ones that work with them? They only make one for the front, correct? How about the LCA skids from Artec Industries, would they be something I should look into adding as well?

Also, I'm still new to DIY projects. I've done most of the work on my Jeep myself. The only thing I haven't done was when I swapped my stock Sport S suspension for a heavy Rubicon takeoff. I've no experience with doing a proper alignment and don't own a lot of tools. I literally wrench everything manually. So, I hear swapping covers is easy but would like to see a detailed instruction on how to do it. When in search all I find are how to swap the entire axle. Any clues?

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same combo and will be installing in a week or two. Did you have to do any grinding on the skids to get everything to bolt up?

Any other info on the install is much appreciated.
I think I had to bend the front ears a touch. I slowly tightened all the bolts up slowly making sure nothing was binding, or pulling the bolts sideways.

The rear went right on.

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm researching how I wish to beef up the underside of my Wrangler. I honestly don't need an entire skid plate system that covers everything. The state where I live doesn't have a lot of rocky trails and most of my off-roading is pretty easy stuff. That said, when I travel for various reasons to other states I try to always drive instead of fly. That means I get to explore and have fun.?..................
The front axle needs a slider if you play in rocks. Or, if you can come up with someway to protect that oil drain hole on the VERY BOTTOM. Unbelievable they put it there.

Fuel tank skid is okay, but an aftermarket one will pay for itself over years. Some companies sell piece-meal kits, if you don't want to build all of it.
Sponsored