Sponsored

Best battery tender

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Another plus to keeping the battery charged is i noticed a significant increase mpg. The alternator has to work hard to charge both batteries, especially if your jeep sits for 4 or 5 days like mine does.

I would like to mount the charger somewhere under the hood, then connect that to a power inlet mounted somewhere to easily plug in a cord without opening the hood.

Here is the inlet another member posted.
NOCO GCP1 13 Amp 125V AC Port Plug Power Inlet with 16-Inch Integrated Extension Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ANV81S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_B.wZDb870K9HC
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I ended up buying the noco 3500 . Was $30 on sale from Academy.com ...but also on woot.com

was really planning on ctek but when. I contacted the company they only commended ones that were $130 and $170.
I didn’t pay that much for their rebranded one for a corvette.

I wanted to use the cigarette adapter, but not sure if any of the Jeep ones always have current. I think that’s required to use that feature instead of direct battery connections
Both Ctek and Noco are solid brands. The models with battery conditioning are nice. Best of the best chargers- conditioners in my opinion. I have a Ctek that came with my 911 and another that I bought from Weathertech. Also own a couple of Noco chargers. Never had a problem with any of them. I need another one and will probably order another Noco.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I ended up buying the noco 3500 . Was $30 on sale from Academy.com ...but also on woot.com

was really planning on ctek but when. I contacted the company they only commended ones that were $130 and $170.
I didn’t pay that much for their rebranded one for a corvette.

I wanted to use the cigarette adapter, but not sure if any of the Jeep ones always have current. I think that’s required to use that feature instead of direct battery connections
Both Ctek and Noco are solid brands. The models with battery conditioning are nice. Best of the best chargers- conditioners in my opinion. I have a Ctek that came with my 911 and another that I bought from Weathertech. Also own a couple of Noco chargers. Never had a problem with any of them. I need another one and will probably order another Noco.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Honestly, I didn’t study the specs when I ordered it. It’s very large and barely fits. It hits the under hood insulation a little. I wouldn’t suggest the one I bought as it’s way overkill but the noco line has been great quality to us.

Brett
Plus, once build-in, it can only serve that one vehicle. Ctek (or similar) can be moved over vehicles. Hence I like the leads only I can permanently attach to the batteries, and move the tender across vehicles, depending on which one will be garaged for a while.

OP
OP
sobeit69

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Ya the Noco Genius 3500 I ordered yesterday from Academy.com
They are sale for $30 free shipping. So I figured I try one on the New Rubicon. Was planning on ordering the Cigarette liter plug in...but not sure which one to plug it into on Jeep. I needs one that’s always on. My corvette has one in the Trunk but I’m pretty sure that was put there for the tender...not 100% though

Sponsored

Hotrodnut

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
I know you've already made you choice but I thought I'd throw this one in since nobody has mentioned it.

I've been using the "Battery Minder" for years.

I first got one at "The Battery Source". I now order them direct. I had 3 motorcycles at the time and I could hook all 3 up at the same time.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I also ordered the noco 3500 due to the current price. Academy was out of stock but Woot has them for $35.00 if you have prime. You can link woot to your prime account.

OP
OP
sobeit69

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also ordered the noco 3500 due to the current price. Academy was out of stock but Woot has them for $35.00 if you have prime. You can link woot to your prime account.
Ya I ordered two of them from Academy Tuesday. They just cancelled both orders. I will not be ordering anything else from them in the future.

I went and did order one from Woot last night. Through prime...but could not get the $10 off coupon I had...

I'm probably gonna order the Ctek one as well recommended about, but wanted to see how this 35 unit worked for the Money

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Ya I ordered two of them from Academy Tuesday. They just cancelled both orders. I will not be ordering anything else from them in the future.

I went and did order one from Woot last night. Through prime...but could not get the $10 off coupon I had...

I'm probably gonna order the Ctek one as well recommended about, but wanted to see how this 35 unit worked for the Money
Good to know, never heard of academy but will stay away from them in the future.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i use the deltran battery tender for my 31 ford truck (6 volt) there 12 volt tenders are just as good. just plug it in and forget about it.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
People with the noco genius 3500. Do you ever get a solid green light? Mine just flashes green but never shows solid indicating a full charge. Even after days of charging. Not sure if its the charger or my battery. I read those charges are not great with AGM batteries, but that thread was a couple years old.

OP
OP
sobeit69

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People with the noco genius 3500. Do you ever get a solid green light? Mine just flashes green but never shows solid indicating a full charge. Even after days of charging. Not sure if its the charger or my battery. I read those charges are not great with AGM batteries, but that thread was a couple years old.
If it's a slow flash green its charged..and in maintenance mode...so essentially in battery tender mode.
I also bought Cig lighter adapter and plugged into rear outlet near tailgate to charge/maintain instead of hooking up to battery directly.
Been on for about week and a half

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
If it's a slow flash green its charged..and in maintenance mode...so essentially in battery tender mode.
I also bought Cig lighter adapter and plugged into rear outlet near tailgate to charge/maintain instead of hooking up to battery directly.
Been on for about week and a half
Okay, instructions say it should toggle between solid and flashing green. Solid when topped off and flashing when it toggles back to a charge. I have tried it on my wife's car and it's never solid on hers either. If yours is the same guessing the logic changed and the instructions did not. Guess i could call noco and find out.

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just seen this option for connecting directly to the OBDII port to maintain the battery charge.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 7.51.09 AM.png
Does anyone know if connecting a Battery Tender to the positive and negative terminals on the main battery keep both batteries charged? Or do you need to isolate the auxiliary battery to charge it? I have a 3.6 engine with ESS.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Does anyone know if connecting a Battery Tender to the positive and negative terminals on the main battery keep both batteries charged? Or do you need to isolate the auxiliary battery to charge it? I have a 3.6 engine with ESS.
It will charge both with a charger attached to the main battery.
Sponsored