First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Do you have the all weather floor mats? If so do they still fit without modification in the rear?
Yes I have the rubber Mopar mats and no they don’t fit without modification. I cut probably 3 inches off the front edge of the mat to make it fit. It looks fine and those inches were way under the seat anyway. There’s still plenty of room for a rear seat passenger’s feet.
All in I’m happy I waited for this mount, I think it’s a good solution.
Sponsored

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
I installed my ARB dual compressor today using ARB’s new underseat mount. It’s much further under the seat than the other underseat product I’ve seen.

Nice product, terrible instructions!

Am I correct that this mount requires cutting the air flow vent that runs under the seat?
Thanks

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
I went with UPDOWN AIR. underseat mount and their quick connect system for airing up and down all four tires at one time. Install was pretty easy.
does this mount require cutting the air flow vent under the seat?
Thanks

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
does this mount require cutting the air flow vent under the seat?
Thanks
It will require ear plugs! I feel like mine is loud, and it’s under the hood. I couldn’t imagine it in the cab.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It will require ear plugs! I feel like mine is loud, and it’s under the hood. I couldn’t imagine it in the cab.
You’re not sitting in the cab while using it, so I don’t understand why the noise would be an issue.

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I turn mine on to fill my 2 gallon tank before I air up. It’s also a 4 door and my family doesn’t usually all get out when I air up...

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
That’s just not true. One of the reasons I waited for the ARB mount was that it’s structure and it’s position right under the seat would dampen the noise.... and that’s exactly what it does.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Well I have the @Kansascoast mount and my ARB just went out. Blows the fuses and will only run for a few min. As much as i love it under the hood, the exhaust is just too close to it and makes it overheat.
I have the same mount. I also mounted the air intakes up higher by the master cylinder, still hot air, but not right next to catalytic converter. I also mounted a heat shield. Snagged a couple off a Jeep Patriot in the junkyard (couldn’t find any rigid shields online that weren’t crazy expensive). Hard to take pictures of this area, but here’s the shield to keep some of the heat off the compressor:

60C8F908701D490EA012.jpg

1168B6AF1AB94BA9B5C6.jpg

I also removed my hood insulation, the motor cover and made my hood vents fully functional - anything to get as much heat out as possible. Also leave the hood up while airing up (which also gives my remote air intakes cooler air)...

Sponsored

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
I have the same mount. I also mounted the air intakes up higher by the master cylinder, still hot air, but not right next to catalytic converter. I also mounted a heat shield. Snagged a couple off a Jeep Patriot in the junkyard (couldn’t find any rigid shields online that weren’t crazy expensive). Hard to take pictures of this area, but here’s the shield to keep some of the heat off the compressor:

60C8F908701D490EA012.jpg

1168B6AF1AB94BA9B5C6.jpg

I also removed my hood insulation, the motor cover and made my hood vents fully functional - anything to get as much heat out as possible. Also leave the hood up while airing up (which also gives my remote air intakes cooler air)...
Nice, I am looking into putting it in the back

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
Not really going to help. Hood was open when using it. It's right next to the exhaust manifold.

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
You may be right, but after I get this $500 compressor refurbished, it's not going back under the hood in that heat.
Sponsored