First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

This may be one for @JeepCares.

What is the policy for the tire rotation procedure that comes with Jeep Wave? I see some dealers will do 5 wheel, some say the policy as just four. I have not seen anyone claim to have seen any sort of policy.

The only documentation I can find mentions two free tire rotations per year.

Where can I find the actual policy? Where is the link? I have a little trust in my dealer just doing the right thing here. The fact that the dealer says the policy is just four tires tells me one of two things.. 1) there is actually a policy somewhere or 2) the dealer is making it up.
Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I've had all 5 done on two of my visits. You get 4 Wave services. You can do them anytime.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This may be one for @JeepCares.

What is the policy for the tire rotation procedure that comes with Jeep Wave? I see some dealers will do 5 wheel, some say the policy as just four. I have not seen anyone claim to have seen any sort of policy.

The only documentation I can find mentions two free tire rotations per year.

Where can I find the actual policy? Where is the link? I have a little trust in my dealer just doing the right thing here. The fact that the dealer says the policy is just four tires tells me one of two things.. 1) there is actually a policy somewhere or 2) the dealer is making it up.
Hi William,
I have included a link below to our Jeep Wave website, which details the benefits Jeep Wave members receive. If you cannot find what you are looking for, we recommend reaching out to our Jeep Wave team at 1-844-533-7928 (1-844-JEEP WAVE). They are in the best position to assist you!
https://www.jeepwave.com/jeep-wave-owner-benefits
Alex
JeepCares

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had 2 services done on my JLUR at Palmer CDRJ in Roswell, GA. Both times the service writer had no issue with a 5 tire rotation. What both of us had issue with was me finding a brand new spare tire after the first rotation when they had actually done a 4 tire. They corrected it. On my 2nd service I marked the spare with a dot of red paint so I knew if they rotated it and they did.

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Hi William,
I have included a link below to our Jeep Wave website, which details the benefits Jeep Wave members receive. If you cannot find what you are looking for, we recommend reaching out to our Jeep Wave team at 1-844-533-7928 (1-844-JEEP WAVE). They are in the best position to assist you!
https://www.jeepwave.com/jeep-wave-owner-benefits
Alex
JeepCares
@JeepCares, thank you for the reply.

The only mention of tire rotations on the site is this in the FAQ:
"Each 2-year membership provides four oil changes and four tire rotations to be used over the term of the membership (24 months). 1-year memberships provide two oil changes and two tire rotations to be used over the term of the membership (12 months). JeepĀ® Wave members can go to any U.S. authorized FCA US LLC dealer to redeem these services."

What I am after is documentation on what "tire rotation" means. Some dealers are reported to be doing a 5 tire rotation under the program. Other dealers are claiming that Jeep Wave only supports a 4 tire rotation, and either refusing to do or charging extra for a 5 tire rotation.

What is the actual policy from Jeep Wave? Is there a link or something in writing I can refer to?

By the dealer saying that Jeep Wave only supports a 4 tire rotation, it implies that there is a policy written down somewhere.

This policy should be readily available on the web. I don't have 30 minutes to carve out of my day and deal with an 800 call center...

Sponsored

Hotrodnut

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
I wonder why a Dealer would only rotate 4? Our Jeeps come with 5 full size tires!!
It makes no since to me to only rotate 4 when you have 5 to work with.

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I wonder why a Dealer would only rotate 4? Our Jeeps come with 5 full size tires!!
It makes no since to me to only rotate 4 when you have 5 to work with.
I am trying to get some actual facts, so we can all cut through the hearsay. Would be really nice to help the dealer out by pointing them to actual documentation that clarifies what they are supposed to be doing.

The only thing that is clear is that the dealers are supporting the Jeep Wave program in different ways.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
If a dealer mentions a policy, why not just politely tell them you'd like to see it in writing? When I had my first rotation, I asked for 5 & they obliged. No mention of any policy.

Since then, I've done my own.

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

If a dealer mentions a policy, why not just politely tell them you'd like to see it in writing? When I had my first rotation, I asked for 5 & they obliged. No mention of any policy.

Since then, I've done my own.
I will definitely ask them to show me the policy. I would also like to have the facts straight from Jeep ahead of time. Doing my homework in advance.

I have three datapoints that say my local dealer is refusing to do 5 tire rotations under Jeep Wave. This dealer is the only one that is convenient for me. The dealer cites that four tire rotation is all that Jeep Wave supports. Nobody seems to have questioned that when I ask!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares, thank you for the reply.

The only mention of tire rotations on the site is this in the FAQ:
"Each 2-year membership provides four oil changes and four tire rotations to be used over the term of the membership (24 months). 1-year memberships provide two oil changes and two tire rotations to be used over the term of the membership (12 months). JeepĀ® Wave members can go to any U.S. authorized FCA US LLC dealer to redeem these services."

What I am after is documentation on what "tire rotation" means. Some dealers are reported to be doing a 5 tire rotation under the program. Other dealers are claiming that Jeep Wave only supports a 4 tire rotation, and either refusing to do or charging extra for a 5 tire rotation.

What is the actual policy from Jeep Wave? Is there a link or something in writing I can refer to?

By the dealer saying that Jeep Wave only supports a 4 tire rotation, it implies that there is a policy written down somewhere.

This policy should be readily available on the web. I don't have 30 minutes to carve out of my day and deal with an 800 call center...
HI William,
I do apologize for the inconvenience, however, we have no customer facing documentation that I would be able to provide you with, but your dealer does have access to our internal policies. Per the information provided to our team, Jeep Wave does only include a 4 tire rotation. Our Jeep Wave team may be able to assist you further. If you do not wish to call, you can connect with them through live chat.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

HI William,
I do apologize for the inconvenience, however, we have no customer facing documentation that I would be able to provide you with, but your dealer does have access to our internal policies. Per the information provided to our team, Jeep Wave does only include a 4 tire rotation. Our Jeep Wave team may be able to assist you further. If you do not wish to call, you can connect with them through live chat.
Alex
JeepCares
@JeepCares ,

Let me first say that this is confusing. Jeep needs to clarify this in customer facing documentation. Jeep Wave is essentially a service contract. A service contract should explain exactly what is and is not supported. Otherwise, this leads to customer confusion and dissatisfaction.

Secondly, is there some sort of reference number for the document? I don't necessarily need the document, but I would like some sort of reference so that the specific document can be looked up.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares ,

Let me first say that this is confusing. Jeep needs to clarify this in customer facing documentation. Jeep Wave is essentially a service contract. A service contract should explain exactly what is and is not supported. Otherwise, this leads to customer confusion and dissatisfaction.

Secondly, is there some sort of reference number for the document? I don't necessarily need the document, but I would like some sort of reference so that the specific document can be looked up.
Hi William,
We do appreciate customer feedback. I reached out to an internal source to receive this information. Your dealer does have all appropriate documentation regarding this. We recommend reaching out to them or the Jeep Wave team.
Alex
JeepCares

SeanS

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Be careful what you ask for. I had my dealer do a 5 tire rotation under the jeep wave program and then had to redo 4 of the tires myself because they did a rotation that doesn't match ANY rotation order I've ever seen recommended (I counted the weights on each wheel before hand, and luckily they were all different, so I could tell what order they rotated). They swapped the driver rear and spare, and the remaining 3 rotated CCW. I know some forum members bring in a print out of exactly how they'd like them rotated, probably to avoid this type of issue.

Joe C

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe an over simplification but to me if you specifically ask a dealer to do a 5 tire rotation and they argue saying it's not covered then you should find a dealer that doesn't suck.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer does a 5 tire rotation. They do it wrong, but they do try.
Sponsored