Sponsored

Tire rotation interval?

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
New Jeep owner here and am wondering when I should be rotating my tires. I was thinking every other oil change?
For reference, my jeep is a stock 2020 JLUR

thanks guys
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
That's usually how it's done, from my experience. Although, I simply let the dealer do it because I have no interest in doing it :like:

OP
OP
Movenpuck

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
That's usually how it's done, from my experience. Although, I simply let the dealer do it because I have no interest in doing it :like:
yeah I intended for the dealer to do it, is that something they do automatically with oil changes? Also I have to make sure service only uses 4 quarts of oil correct?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If you bought a new Jeep, you get the Jeep Wave program. It gives you 4 free oil changes and tire rotations at the dealer. That basically worked out to 2 oil changes/rotations per year for 2 years for me. So I just had them rotate the tires at every oil change.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

is that something they do automatically with oil changes? Also I have to make sure service only uses 4 quarts of oil correct?
It's 5 quarts if you have the 3.6L. And, you need to request the tire rotation be done. The dealer will not automatically do it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Movenpuck

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
If you bought a new Jeep, you get the Jeep Wave program. It gives you 4 free oil changes and tire rotations at the dealer. That basically worked out to 2 oil changes/rotations per year for 2 years for me. So I just had them rotate the tires at every oil change.
I do believe I'm a member of Jeep Wave, its a lease but I remember the dealer mentioning something about the program.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I do believe I'm a member of Jeep Wave, its a lease but I remember the dealer telling about the program.
You still get it if you lease.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
If you are somewhat physically capable, rotation tires is actually not that hard. You can use everything comes with you Jeep to do it. 5 tire rotations means you only need to jack up one wheel a time, using the factory jack.

It gives a good physical exercise, also you can spend sometime visually checking your brakes, rotors, suspensions, and everything. And I am pretty sure you will treat your Jeep much better than Joe Tech at dealer.

Once you are familiar with the routine, get a floor jack and good set of jack stands, an impact wrench and torque wrench, the whole thing will take only 20 minutes.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I will say this since you have a Rubicon. I had experience with BFG All Terrain T/As before I bought this Jeep and they are sensitive to tire rotation. When you don't rotate often enough they are TERRIBLE about breaking belts and causing vibration. I'm rotating the ones on my Jeep every 5,000 miles religiously.

OP
OP
Movenpuck

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
I will say this since you have a Rubicon. I had experience with BFG All Terrain T/As before I bought this Jeep and they are sensitive to tire rotation. When you don't rotate often enough they are TERRIBLE about breaking belts and causing vibration. I'm rotating the ones on my Jeep every 5,000 miles religiously.
This is what I was concerned about, thanks for the info

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
yeah I intended for the dealer to do it, is that something they do automatically with oil changes? Also I have to make sure service only uses 4 quarts of oil correct?
My dealer automatically rotates mine. But apparently, it varies by dealer. And it's 5 quarts for the 3.6L JL.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I do not have the 3.6L I have the 2.0L turbo
I've got a 2019 JLUR with the 2.0. It also takes 5 quarts. I do my own oil changes and 5 tire rotations every 5k miles. About $50 covers the synthetic oil and oem filter, which is way too small of a price spent out of pocket to not let the dealer touch my vehicle.

If you do roll the dice with the dealer, verify whether or not they rotate all 5. Seems that most dealers only do the 4 on the ground, and some will do the 5th for a fee.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
New Jeep owner here and am wondering when I should be rotating my tires. I was thinking every other oil change?
For reference, my jeep is a stock 2020 JLUR

thanks guys
I do it every oil change.

OP
OP
Movenpuck

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
I've got a 2019 JLUR with the 2.0. It also takes 5 quarts. I do my own oil changes and 5 tire rotations every 5k miles. About $50 covers the synthetic oil and oem filter, which is way too small of a price spent out of pocket to not let the dealer touch my vehicle.

If you do roll the dice with the dealer, verify whether or not they rotate all 5. Seems that most dealers only do the 4 on the ground, and some will do the 5th for a fee.
Thanks for the info Mike, New York standup!
5 quarts it is. I would consider doing it myself but I know I would not be diligent on keeping receipts for record of oil change.
Sponsored