Sponsored

Mopar Lift Kit vs....

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I appreciate it Word302. Might consider this as well.
The Metalcloak Rocksport is $1639 with shocks and comes with front and rear track bars as well as sway bar disconnects. Their quality is awesome as well.
Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
LCAs are not adjustable and no front track bar. You're again paying more for less.
Damn. The metalcloak Rocskport looks tempting but then I will have to most likely get the aftermarker driveshaft, right?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Damn. The metalcloak Rocskport looks tempting but then I will have to most likely get the aftermarker driveshaft, right?
No. Definitely not on the 2.5" kit. I tore the boot on my front shaft with a 3.5" lift, but everything still works fine. You'll only tear the boot under extreme articulation.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Look at like this... with the mc 2.5 rocksport, its one and done. You’ll have a lift that rides great and when you start doing more off-roading ( and you will at some point) you’ll have one of the best lifts on the market under your rig. It’s better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. This goes for rock krawler as well.......:)

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to make another thread for additional discussion. If the driveshaft is not needed, then we have a whole different ball game here :rock: Thanks for the help, honestly and feel free to chime in the other thread but so far it looks like it's between RK and MC.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm about to make another thread for additional discussion. If the driveshaft is not needed, then we have a whole different ball game here :rock: Thanks for the help, honestly and feel free to chime in the other thread but so far it looks like it's between RK and MC.
Glad we could steer you in the right direction.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

How are these lifts with 300+ pounds of cargo load? The Dynatrac bottoms out easily.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What did you end up going with? and how do you like it???

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
What did you end up going with? and how do you like it???
I went with the Metalcloak 2.5” lift with Rocksport shocks. It’s really good however it does feel a bit stiff. I don’t have a problem with it tho, makes the steering a bit more firm

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I went with the Metalcloak 2.5” lift with Rocksport shocks. It’s really good however it does feel a bit stiff. I don’t have a problem with it tho, makes the steering a bit more firm
Thanks. Just curious mostly. I bought mine new with the Mopar already on it. I have a friend that was talked into a rough country lift by a local tire shop and he's looking to upgrade. He was trying to decide if he should do Mopar, or I suggested Metalcloak and Rock Krawler, or he could just do springs and shocks and mix/match.
Sponsored