The 2Dr Sport Only Thread

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Thanks! About the gears, I regeared my differentials to 4.56. I can barely use 1st gear now haha. But ya, a sport base model is the way to go for a jeep! Manual trans, doors, locks.

Most annoying thing is keyed entry then push to start.......
I am old school and I believe in simplicity IT WORKS
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
[/QUOTEI gi

I got manual and I upgraded to the A/T tire and that gave me the locking differential , I think every real Jeep needs a locking differential , just the tires are worth it on its own

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Just for safety reasons alone it's a two person job. Watch out for back injuries!
In the 2019 Sport you can keep the rear seat flipped up with the included Velcro straps. Hopefully this may solve the problem.
The 2018 Sports have them as well.....took me about a month to realize it!

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU ,2019 Cherokee Limited
I will say DO NOT buy the Quadratec mat.
They just are using the 4 door mat and saying its for the 2 door with seats removed.
Does not fit well.

Weathertech mats are good, but I want something with a bit of a lip and no cutouts where water/mud/liquids can run onto the carpets.

Anyone tried the Rugged Ridge mat yet?
I think its what I want, but cant tell if it is "rubbery" or "plasticy".
Hoping for rubbery.

12975.51_installed1.jpg
RR mats are rubber. I've used them in several vehicles & was very happy with them!

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
RR mats are rubber. I've used them in several vehicles & was very happy with them!
Any view on RR vs Weathertech?

Does the RR mat allow the mounting of the rear seat on top of it? From the picture it doesn’t seem like it. I believe that the Weathertech one does, but then again the holes that allow for it might be a disadvantage depending on what you’re putting back there when the rear seats are out.

Sponsored

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
Any view on RR vs Weathertech?

Does the RR mat allow the mounting of the rear seat on top of it? From the picture it doesn’t seem like it. I believe that the Weathertech one does, but then again the holes that allow for it might be a disadvantage depending on what you’re putting back there when the rear seats are out.
I got the Weathertech one in the back. It does have cutout for seat mounts, so you can put the seat back in with it installed. It has something of a lip around it. I think would be fine for small spills.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the Weathertech one in the back. It does have cutout for seat mounts, so you can put the seat back in with it installed. It has something of a lip around it. I think would be fine for small spills.
Thanks, that’s what I thought, but it seems as though the RR one does NOT have that.

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've used both & was happy. I like the RR mats but that's just personal opinion. I have RR in both my JLU and wife's Cherokee. I had the rear mat in my 2 door JK & I believe it did allow for seat mounting but I had my backseat removed. Check wit RR to be sure!! You can't go wrong with either company..

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Just ordered the RR. It's not set up to take the rear seat, which is fine with me. I'll never use it and have posted it for a giveaway.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've used both & was happy. I like the RR mats but that's just personal opinion. I have RR in both my JLU and wife's Cherokee. I had the rear mat in my 2 door JK & I believe it did allow for seat mounting but I had my backseat removed. Check wit RR to be sure!! You can't go wrong with either company..
Thanks I will probably go with RR for the floor liners and WT for the cargo liner. Interesting the RR cargo liner looks like it has the lines to make the cutouts if you did want to install the seat over it.

Sponsored

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They both make good stuff so ya can't go wrong!

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Thanks I will probably go with RR for the floor liners and WT for the cargo liner. Interesting the RR cargo liner looks like it has the lines to make the cutouts if you did want to install the seat over it.
The RR cargo liner arrived today. Very good fit, dropped right in. There is a space where you could cut to allow seat installation. Nice large lip around the outside, and it looks as if you could cut for the seat and still contain liquid. The material is more rubbery than plastic-y.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
The RR cargo liner arrived today. Very good fit, dropped right in. There is a space where you could cut to allow seat installation. Nice large lip around the outside, and it looks as if you could cut for the seat and still contain liquid. The material is more rubbery than plastic-y.
So it can bend without cracking? Is that what you mean by more rubbery?

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
So it can bend without cracking? Is that what you mean by more rubbery?
Yup. Has a good deal of flex to it. In fact, it shipped folded in half, and when I unboxed it, it opened up flat with no "memory".
Sponsored