Sponsored

Dropped key in black hole!!!!

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
i forgot, lots of millennials on this site. they have no experience with coat hangers and duct tape. i should probably also put a disclaimer to use eye and hearing protection as well while retrieving the key lol
You're right, us millennials don't see a need to pull the fob out of our pocket to start a push-button ignition vehicle ;)

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
You're right, us millennials don't see a need to pull the fob out of our pocket to start a push-button ignition vehicle ;)
If you don't pull the FOB out of your pocket and place it in it's said holder in between the cup holders on the center console, you run the risk of the Jeep tilting to one side and possibly fipping the Jeep on it;s side or losing control of it. There's a reason why FCA engineers put the FOB holder in the center of the vehicle. Come on now...sheesh...:facepalm:

Sponsored

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
If you don't pull the FOB out of your pocket and place it in it's said holder in between the cup holders on the center console, you run the risk of the Jeep tilting to one side and possibly fipping the Jeep on it;s side or losing control of it. There's a reason why FCA engineers put the FOB holder in the center of the vehicle. Come on now...sheesh...:facepalm:
Wait, I know that's a joke but do people actually call that space a fob holder and use it as such?

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Wait, I know that's a joke but do people actually call that space a fob holder and use it as such?
That's what I use it for and the majority of the time my key fob is in that space. It can also hold your cell phone as well.

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I don't know that I call it a fob holder, but I use it for that a lot more than I thought I would. I haven't done any road trips yet but I expect it'll end up there I do. It's in there when I'm doing the off road thing. I'm in and out of my Jeep a lot and for some reason I'm paranoid about it falling out of my pocket down into some small crack between rocks or into a stream.
That makes a lot of sense. I know I keep mine in my right pocket when the doors are off just in case. I would be too afraid of forgetting it if I took it out of pocket. I just always assumed that space was for phones. I keep mine sitting there vertically and it just seemed so intentional.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
On our way to the beach my husband dropped the key in between the seat and console. In an attempt to reach it he pushed it under the console a bit. It’s visible but not reachable. Is the key magnetic? Hoping we don’t have to take the console off. Any ideas guys?

We have up trying for now. Can’t give up paddle boarding today haha.
Take a picture! Take a picture! Can you get a small vacuum attachment close to it? That could suck it right out.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
i forgot, lots of millennials on this site. they have no experience with coat hangers and duct tape. i should probably also put a disclaimer to use eye and hearing protection as well while retrieving the key lol
Just don't EVER use the term clockwise or counterclockwise and not expect a blank stare in response...