Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Hits Dealer System - 1st Official Look @ Engines, Options, Packages, Features!

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Amazing to see the diesel listed. I hope this means with the EPAs approval they moved it up the availability.
They did mention late 2019MY availability at the meeting but that was before the EPA news. The engine will be shared with the JT so hopefully they are able to push it up closer to the JT launch.

No confirmation yet whether it can be paired with a manual (I know the current thinking is no). Once the dealers can actually build a unit in their system we'll update everyone.
Sponsored

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
I wonder if the diesel will only be offered on top trim models. I hope not, since the Ram 1500 can be had with an ecodiesel on its basic work truck trim line.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Maybe I'm wrong but the way I understood this is that in order to get LEDs on a 2 door, you would have to purchase the Rubicon and then pay even more money for the lighting package?

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
What is a Trail Rail Management System ? Retractable Rock Rails / Steps, like on other trucks?
That would be cool, At first glance I was thinking some kind of roof rack system but I'd much prefer what you have in mind.

Some great stuff in here...Thank u JLWF u guys are on top of it as always!!! Very excited to see Selec trac too.

Sponsored

Alex D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy's Wheeler, tank, half doors
No half doors?!? Probably too early to see this showing up, but I want a dual door option rather than a dual top option!! Without half doors, there won't be a JL for me.

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I really hope they don't jack up the price on these things more than they have with the JK, although I fear we will see a much higher MSRP and quite a bit of a mark up with any of the options listed.
I've been planning on a fully loaded 2019 Sahara for some time now, with the anticipation of paying $50k (which is already out of my budget). But I'm over here sweating bullets reading all these options...this thing is going to be $60k!

Alex D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Especially if you are planning on a 3.0 diesel!!

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
They did mention late 2019MY availability at the meeting but that was before the EPA news. The engine will be shared with the JT so hopefully they are able to push it up closer to the JT launch.

No confirmation yet whether it can be paired with a manual (I know the current thinking is no). Once the dealers can actually build a unit in their system we'll update everyone.
I'd be jumping up and down for a manual paired with a Diesel....if not then I don't know what the blank I'm going to do...probably a wait and see approach.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Am I the only one floored by the fact that they're "hybrid" turned out to be a belted generator? I can't believe they're even calling it a mild hybrid.

Sponsored

Alex D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be jumping up and down for a manual paired with a Diesel....if not then I don't know what the blank I'm going to do...probably a wait and see approach.
trust me ... you don't want a a diesel manual. ever driven one? The automatics keep the diesel much better in its power band. Drive a Ram diesel 2500 with manual and then with auto before ordering a JL diesel manual.

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
trust me ... you don't want a a diesel manual. ever driven one? The automatics keep the diesel much better in its power band. Drive a Ram diesel 2500 with manual and then with auto before ordering a JL diesel manual.
I haven't driven an actual diesel power train, much less a diesel paired with a manual transmission. I've only driven manuals and just can't stomach the thought of having an automatic. Much like those who can't drive manuals, and have only driven autos. It's a hard switch to make. May just be the Pentastar again for me.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Yea Nacho has say color code (PY5) as Dozer. I don't mind the name, it's unique and easy to remember :)
They have re-used color codes for different colors in the past. For example, Tank re-used the color code previously used for a metallic green.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I'd still take the manual over the auto. If and ONLY if the diesel isn't de-tuned with lower torque. If I HAVE to take the auto to get 400+ ft/lbs of torque, so be it.

Having said that, I don't believe for a second the manual will be an option with the diesel.
Sponsored