DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
Vehicle Showcase
Figured I would help the clutter of these forums with this thread. If you feel like you have a question or discussion that doesn't exactly fit the criteria of an entire thread, feel free to post it here. Cheers.

Jeep-Wrangler-Red-Rock-Concpet-off-road-wheels-and-tires-2.jpg
Sponsored

Ernie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Dumb question I've always wondered about the JL prototypes.. why paint them when they are fully camo'd up? not like they are testing how the paint holds up to real world use.

OP
OP
DarthMall

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb question I've always wondered about the JL prototypes.. why paint them when they are fully camo'd up? not like they are testing how the paint holds up to real world use.
Same question could be asked about why they paint crash test mules. I think its just a matter of it being easier/the same amount of effort to just paint them anyways. Plus im assuming the mules will get some use after the JL is released.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DarthMall

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_9193.JPG
Is Jeep going to release factory vent mirrors like these on the JLU and are they street legal ? :fingerscrossed:
We won't be able to tell until more interior pictures are released but I would love that as a feature on the JL. Perfect solution for when you have your doors off your Jeep. As for street legality, I wouldn't see any reason why they wouldn't be. Don't quote me on that though.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
IMG_9193.JPG
Is Jeep going to release factory vent mirrors like these on the JLU and are they street legal ? :fingerscrossed:
I use those as well, and have for years, the street legality depends on your local laws. Here in Alberta last time I checked (~2010) I need a rear view mirror with a view straight out the back and X degrees of coversge to each side, and additionally a left hand side mirror that has a specific coverage view that extends outwards... if the vehicle orogonally came with side mirrors. The right side mirror is optional.

However from what I remember from the forums, some states have a requirement of them projecting beyond the body to allow a view along the side of the vehicle, and other states even require the ability to have a partial view of the rear in the side mirrors.
As for them being offered by the factory, I think the two issue it presents are the possibility of blinding drivers who don't know what to do with them (the people are confounded by life in general, but also likely to sue), and then also durability/scratch resistance would be a possible issue.

A factor thin mirrored back would be great, however even a factory tab design that allowed removal and placement into the open hinge hole of the doors would be great, and would still allow for all those various states' laws as it would be in about the same place.

Unfortunately state laws are messed up, some states don't even allow for door removal, even thouh it's a design feature / factory option.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Do we have a thread which has detailed listing of state/regional laws regarding riding with doors off ? And what mirrors are required if and when doors are off ?

Is that thread worthy Mr. Mall ? :like:

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
i have yet another QTDDIOT:

What combined MPG savings do posters regularly receive on JKU with all four doors off and top off ? What is the weight savings in doing so ?

OP
OP
DarthMall

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do we have a thread which has detailed listing of state/regional laws regarding riding with doors off ? And what mirrors are required if and when doors are off ?

Is that thread worthy Mr. Mall ? :like:
I doth think it may.:idea: In fact a general MPG thread would be interesting to see with the varying tire sizes and gear ratios people run.

Sponsored

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Anyone order a wrangler through a relative who works for FCA? What sort of discount did you get?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Anyone order a wrangler through a relative who works for FCA? What sort of discount did you get?
It's 1% below factory invoice. You get the same discount if you are a member of treadlightly.org and are at the $100+ memebership level.

OP
OP
DarthMall

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's 1% below factory invoice. You get the same discount if you are a member of treadlightly.org and are at the $100+ memebership level.
This exactly. Everyone who buys a Wrangler should join the program its a no-brainer.

OP
OP
DarthMall

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question for all the members of this board living outside of the US. How much of a premium do you have to pay for your Jeeps and how much is operating cost generaly? I know gas in Europe is extremely expensive compared to the US and with the Wrangler getting poor gas mileage it can't be cheap but I assume it's worth it to you guys.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Delivery to Dealerships are up to $1,000 now. "Destination Charge " on Window Sticker.
Can you still pick them up at factory (Toledo) and drive home ? Would be a fun Road Trip, and potential $ Saver.
Sponsored