WvJeeper

WvJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
You'll have to order shocks of some kind, or extension brackets. I assume you're looking at different shocks than Fox? If I understand the concern correctly anyway.
Yes, you are correct. This will be a piece together kit from a few different companies. Reason I want the mopar springs is because they have one of the lowest reported spring rates next to stock. (There’s a table somewhere on this forum that I’ve seen). I also want the mopar sway bar links because they are bent and in my mind will provide the least amount of wear and tear. But that being said I’m no expert.

Right now I’m looking to add the falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks, rock crawler front track bar and spring perches, as well as the Teraflex sport LCA. To me the seems like a great set up for ride comfort.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
What's wrong with any of that?
You don't have to "slip" a roll into your pocket. I always just ask for a roll for the road and put it with my leftovers. They'll give it to you, so it's 1 less roll to buy for breakfast.
He rode the bus to games which saved him money. Not only on parking and toll, but it also saved him gas. Added bonus for being environmentally friendly and reducing his carbon footprint.
Wearing his shirts multiple times? Smart. Do you really need to launder your dress shirts every time you wear it? If you're in an office (like he was) you're not getting sweaty, and your jacket covers it most of the time so it's not getting dirt on it. So he saves on water, detergent, electric and wear on his cloths. Seems pretty smart to me. I don't wash my business shirts every time I wear them if they don't get dirty.
Okay, so the mixing gas thing. That might be taking it a bit far, but he's not wrong. It saved him $1.60 so it's still a savings.

So it may seem funny, but it's all very logical. These are actually actions that a lot of wealthy people do (maybe with the exception of the fuel). It's all very fiscally responsible. Much like this thread, to a point. Obviously lifting our Jeeps is not a smart financial choice, but if you're going to do it, why not do it the most efficient way.
OP, you'll catch some flack for not buying kit "A" or kit "B", but in the end you'll have a kit that you're happy with. You'll have all the components you specifically want (such as the comfortable Mopar springs), without the overhead of a specific kit's branding. Keep working it, and ignore the nay-sayers.

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
I have the Dynatrac 2” lift that doesn’t include longer lower arms. I am considering longer adjustable arms to correct caster. Was considering Teraflex, Synergy, and Metalcloak. I was curious about whether the much cheaper Mopar option would work but your earlier post that you said didn’t answer my question did exactly that. Thanks.
I also have the Dynatrac kit and KO2's in 315's, I'm adding the Rancho LCA drop brackets on Monday. After a ton of research, I'm hoping that's a better solution for smoothing out the choppy road feel.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
I also have the Dynatrac kit and KO2's in 315's, I'm adding the Rancho LCA drop brackets on Monday. After a ton of research, I'm hoping that's a better solution for smoothing out the choppy road feel.
Personally, I would buy the Mopar control arms for $60+ dollars and not loose ground clearance. Less than half the price, but GC is more of a factor for me. I've had AEV in the past.. Just not a fan of brackets.

The fact that you have a Dynatrac.. considered a small lift. With the Mopar (taller lift) I will go with adjustable CArms

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hmmm. I got the Dynatrac lift because it’s not too high and is claimed to have great ride and handling. Does it ride badly compared to stock?

Sponsored

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm. I got the Dynatrac lift because it’s not too high and is claimed to have great ride and handling. Does it ride badly compared to stock?
It doesn't ride badly. Actually my steering is better than stock. It just the that with any lifted rig you're going to feel a lot more of the road imperfections. I know that I'm losing ground clearance but I'm 69 years old so my rock bashing may be in the past. With the exception of loss of ground clearance, brackets seem to be the best way to get back to stock on road feel. We'll see.

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I would buy the Mopar control arms for $60+ dollars and not loose ground clearance. Less than half the price, but GC is more of a factor for me. I've had AEV in the past.. Just not a fan of brackets.

The fact that you have a Dynatrac.. considered a small lift. With the Mopar (taller lift) I will go with adjustable CArms
Well, i've read a far amount about folks adding brackets to their Mopar lifts because their LCA's are still to short. If I was going that route I'd add adjustable.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
The Mopar lifts are adding almost 3.5" Dynatrac at 2 and 60+ dollars for the Mopar LCA's. I like experimenting or Jeep projects, so starting with a low priced option just to see what affect it has is part of the charm/experience.

I'm 10 yrs younger, so no spring chicken myself, but I understand completely....

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, 4 the Fox shocks will cost you around $600 ($150 each), so you'll be a lot closer to that $1,400 sticker price. Still a $400 savings, so I'm certainly not saying it's a bad idea. Just saying, it's not going to be a $400, it'll be closer to $1K.

As for the LCA's. Mine were slightly longer than stock (different kit though). I didn't measure them, but if you really need it I can crawl under the Jeep and measure them.
lca-compare-jpg.jpg

It's not a huge difference, but enough that you can see it when they're laid side by side. I'd guess at least 1/4" longer.
It is amazing Mopar lift almost adding about 3" height, but the LCA is barely longer. That is inviting for troubles. Also the track bar is probably pushed to the side too.

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
I have the Dynatrac 2” lift that doesn’t include longer lower arms. I am considering longer adjustable arms to correct caster. Was considering Teraflex, Synergy, and Metalcloak. I was curious about whether the much cheaper Mopar option would work but your earlier post that you said didn’t answer my question did exactly that. Thanks.
I just installed the dynatrac lift and added the TeraFlex adjustable LCAs at 24.25 and it is almost perfect. I may bump them to 24.5. Huge difference tho.

Sponsored

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
It doesn't ride badly. Actually my steering is better than stock. It just the that with any lifted rig you're going to feel a lot more of the road imperfections. I know that I'm losing ground clearance but I'm 69 years old so my rock bashing may be in the past. With the exception of loss of ground clearance, brackets seem to be the best way to get back to stock on road feel. We'll see.
I just installed and it is incredible. Tested it over train tracks and speed bumps - the damping is fantastic. It may be more noticeable because of the falcon shocks which were very stiff by comparison. The choppy feel is likely the caster.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I just installed the dynatrac lift and added the TeraFlex adjustable LCAs at 24.25 and it is almost perfect. I may bump them to 24.5. Huge difference tho.
Thanks so much for sharing. Let me know if another quarter inch is an improvement. Do you know what your caster angle is currently?