Sponsored

Six lifts reviewed by TrailRecon. An interesting watch and some useful information.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
If you are considering a Rock Krawler, Rock Jock (Currie), Teraflex, Icon Vehicle Dynamics, AEV or Dynatrac lift kit, this guy has a review for you. It's an interesting watch. It's part one and he should have his subjective video out soon in part two.

So many others should of been included, like EVO, Synergy and Metalcloak or even Clayton and Rusty, but it's still a good video based on the manufacturers that were included.

Yes, totally agree it would of been even better if it was more apples to apples, meaning six kits that were all either 2.5 or 3.5 with pretty much the same components included.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Is the full review out? I've only seen the first part.

OP
OP
TxJeepers

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Is the full review out? I've only seen the first part.
Not yet. I'd guess next week. I was surprised by Icon, though it should been a higher stage and look forward to his opinions on its ride on/off road.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
For being the stage 1, Icon is out lifting and flexing the 2.5”-3” competition. Looking forward to Part 2

OP
OP
TxJeepers

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
For being the stage 1, Icon is out lifting and flexing the 2.5”-3” competition. Looking forward to Part 2
Right. Wish they would of done their stage 3. This brand I'm most intrigued to see what he has to say about. Icon has a strong reputation with Toyota guys.

Sponsored

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
Right. Wish they would of done their stage 3. This brand I'm most intrigued to see what he has to say about. Icon has a strong reputation with Toyota guys.
We have been running the icon stage three for about a year and love it..

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
If you are considering a Rock Krawler, Rock Jock (Currie), Teraflex, Icon Vehicle Dynamics, AEV or Dynatrac lift kit, this guy has a review for you. It's an interesting watch. It's part one and he should have his subjective video out soon in part two.

So many others should of been included, like EVO, Synergy and Metalcloak or even Clayton and Rusty, but it's still a good video based on the manufacturers that were included.

Yes, totally agree it would of been even better if it was more apples to apples, meaning six kits that were all either 2.5 or 3.5 with pretty much the same components included.

The Ultimate Jeep Wrangler Lift Kit Comparison – Install & Measurements
Thanks for sharing. Interested in seeing the Part 2 vid of this for additional onroad and offroad characteristics....but I gotta remind myself this could just boil down to conjecture at the end of the day pending how much seat time and terrain covered in each vehicle....some people be like this these days:
Jeep Wrangler JL Six lifts reviewed by TrailRecon.  An interesting watch and some useful information. lemmings

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Sadly I don’t watch any of his product reviews. He has turned into a giant commercial and will tell you exactly what the free product giver wants him to say.

Absolutely love his adventure videos though.

OP
OP
TxJeepers

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Sadly I don’t watch any of his product reviews. He has turned into a giant commercial and will tell you exactly what the free product giver wants him to say.

Absolutely love his adventure videos though.
I hear you. The same goes for many of the YouTubers like the ponytail boy and the blonde bimbo. :)

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I hear you. The same goes for many of the YouTubers like the ponytail boy and the blonde bimbo. :)
Agreed. I learned a while back these guys are great for the adventures and seeing other rigs. When they get bigger and start taking the free stuff their reviews are meaningless and just biased. Look at all of them that got Milestar tires. Milestar did an awesome job flooding the market of YTers getting their free tires. Look at how many of them are using them now, NONE!!! End of the day it is their channel and they have to make a living so good for them. Just don't tell me how great something is when you are doing a paid commercial. I just don't watch those from them so it is ok. More power to them. It is the same with all YT content. It is how they make money.

Sponsored

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Regardless of if it's a money grab or not I think there will be done general good information for those that have yet to dive in and pick a kit yet. I really like the idea of what he is doing, you just obviously have to take it with a grain of salt.
Also just because he out another yt personality backs a product doesn't mean it's not a good product. Do your own research, read the forums, collect info and you decide what will work best for you imo. The videos along with these forums are a great way to figure out what exactly you want.

OP
OP
TxJeepers

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
His subjective rankings video is out. I guess Teraflex paid him the most? He’s stroking Dynatrac to get a good deal on 60s in his future? Don’t know, don’t care. There is entertainment value in watching and some information that might help someone choose their lift.
Part 2

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I thought it was a fair review. One lift doesnt necessarily perform best in all situations. I have no doubt that terraflex paid him well though lol.

Red Toy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Firecracker Red Rubi "The Red Toy"
Although new to the forum, I'm not new to Jeeps. I go back to my first jeep in high school the old 85-86 CJ7. I've recently purchased a new 21 Rubicon JL and after reading reviews from all over the country I've found the overall general consensus to be that Rock Krawler is king. My purpose is highway, dropping my boys off at football and baseball practice and the long trips to the drilling rig so occassional offroad but they are just horribly maintained dirt lease roads. Not Overlanding, Baja or Rock Crawling. With all that said, I am baffled that this guy at Trail Recon named Teraflex as #1 overall. I have heard that the TF is very firm on the highway almost stiff on the lowest setting, so to hear that it is excellent on the highway and can ride in it all day confuses me. Especially considering when it appears to me that the actual owners of all the various lift kits overwhelming place Rock Krawler as #1.

Can anyone elaborate further as to why or how Teraflex was ranked above Rock Krawler. What am I missing from his video or from others on the forum about the two lifts.

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Although new to the forum, I'm not new to Jeeps. I go back to my first jeep in high school the old 85-86 CJ7. I've recently ordered a new 21 Rubicon JL and after reading reviews from all over the country I've found the overall general consensus to be that the Rock Krawler is king. My purpose is highway, dropping my boys off at football and baseball practice and the long trips to the drilling rig so occassional offroad but they are just horribly maintained dirt lease roads. Not Overlanding, Baja or Rock Crawling. With all that said, I am baffled that this guy at Trail Recon named Teraflex as #1 overall. I have heard that the TF is very firm on the highway almost stiff on the lowest setting, so to hear that it is excellent on the highway and can ride in it all day confuses me. Especially considering when it appears to me that the actual owners of all the various lift kits overwhelming place Rock Krawler as #1.

Can anyone elaborate further as to why or how Teraflex was ranked above Rock Krawler. What am I missing from his video or from others on the forum about the two lifts.
It’s all about the money. Your assessment about Rock Krawler is sound, I’d put Metalcloak right up there with it. Teraflex used to be good stuff when it was manufactured in the states. Not so much anymore.
Sponsored