Interesting Mopar Lift Info

WvJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
So long story short, I was on allmoparparts.com, great site and service BTW, and decided to see what would happen if I pieced together the JL 2 inch Mopar lift. I found the parts listing in the instructions that someone had posted online. I entered each part number and correct quantity minus the shocks, they do not seem to be available outside the lift kit. The total price came to just under $400. I am currently in shock at the price difference between simply ordering the parts individually vs as a kit. This is telling me that the buyer is paying on average over $1000 for 4 fox shocks and a wooden box. That being said, this is possibly great news for someone wanting to piece together their own lift kit, like I will now be doing. I would love for any info, insight, or shown that I'm wrong because to me this almost seems too good to be true.
Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
I did the same thing 1.5 weeks ago from Moparparts.com... They notified me the part #'s did not match my vin, but I took the part #'s from Mopar Instruction sheet (2 door Rubicon). They wanted to sell me the lift kit, but refused and told them to just send the parts that I ordered and I would be responsible if I have a fitment issue. This conversation was yesterday. My total was about $420.00 and included shipping. I'm hoping to use the fox shocks from the 3+" suggested lift. Know more after getting the springs on and measuring. If I'm close (sure I will be) I'll add a small bump shim.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
I mean... ive been saying it a lot here, its a pretty overpriced kit for what you get. Also considering the fox shocks have limited travel by several inches....

OP
OP
WvJeeper

WvJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I did the same thing 1.5 weeks ago from Moparparts.com... They notified me the part #'s did not match my vin, but I took the part #'s from Mopar Instruction sheet (2 door Rubicon). They wanted to sell me the lift kit, but refused and told them to just send the parts that I ordered and I would be responsible if I have a fitment issue. This conversation was yesterday. My total was about $420.00 and included shipping. I'm hoping to use the fox shocks from the 3+" suggested lift. Know more after getting the springs on and measuring. If I'm close (sure I will be) I'll add a small bump shim.
Keep us updated please, especially if you find any differences between what’s in the kit vs ordering by part number. I’m about to pull the trigger on this as well.

Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Moparparts.com let you order just the springs?
Springs, bump stops, lower control arms (they were like $30+ each and I'll use on my daughters stock Moab) bolts, etc.

Go to Quadratec... Search for Mopar lift and check out Instructions It will give you parts #'s that are applicable for 2/4 door & 2.0/3.6

They did challenge me stating the parts didn't match my VIN, but I stated that I would deal with fitment issues, if there was a problem.

OP
OP
WvJeeper

WvJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Kind of related to this, how much longer are the lift kit front lower control arms than the stock ones?
This is actually my main reason for not wanting the complete mopar kit. I’ve found others on this forum showing measured mopar lift LCA at 24 1/4 inch which is still causing caster issues for some. Teraflex makes a none adjustable sport LCA that they claim measures 24 5/8th. Which I believe should fix the caster issues. I’m hoping anyways because that’s what I’m going with.

OP
OP
WvJeeper

WvJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Kind of related to this, how much longer are the lift kit front lower control arms than the stock ones?
Just noticed I didn’t really answer your question. lol. My bad. Some members on here reporting about 1/4 inch between stock and mopar kit.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
FWIW, 4 the Fox shocks will cost you around $600 ($150 each), so you'll be a lot closer to that $1,400 sticker price. Still a $400 savings, so I'm certainly not saying it's a bad idea. Just saying, it's not going to be a $400, it'll be closer to $1K.

As for the LCA's. Mine were slightly longer than stock (different kit though). I didn't measure them, but if you really need it I can crawl under the Jeep and measure them.
lca-compare-jpg.jpg

It's not a huge difference, but enough that you can see it when they're laid side by side. I'd guess at least 1/4" longer.

Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't remember exactly... Read it someplace on this forum, but believe under 1/2"..... 3/8 maybe 7/16.

I had wandering issues with my Daughters Moab that had 300 miles on it. Using the LCA to add to caster.

Dealer replaced steering gear yesterday... HUGE improvement. 1 finger or no hands at 65mph. Haven't had an opportunity to drive extended stretches of highway at high speeds, but a couple of 4 or 5 mile stretches at 60 or 65. Control arms should be icing on the cake. After install caster was at 5.0 and 4.9 LCA should put me at around 6.0

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just noticed I didn’t really answer your question. lol. My bad. Some members on here reporting about 1/4 inch between stock and mopar kit.
I have the Dynatrac 2” lift that doesn’t include longer lower arms. I am considering longer adjustable arms to correct caster. Was considering Teraflex, Synergy, and Metalcloak. I was curious about whether the much cheaper Mopar option would work but your earlier post that you said didn’t answer my question did exactly that. Thanks.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You can also use a correction bracket. Rancho makes a set (RS62118B) that can be set for various lift heights. They're $175 on Amazon and Quadratec.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My reason for ordering the springs minus the shocks is to try and improve upon the lift by gaining a little more travel from the "kits" shocks. From what's been reported the travel is limited in the shocks...... Just experimenting and maybe save a few $'s. Most probably wouldn't bother, but always enjoy a project.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You'll have to order shocks of some kind, or extension brackets. I assume you're looking at different shocks than Fox? If I understand the concern correctly anyway.
Sponsored