Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Would there be any reason why there appears to be bolts missing alongside the hood? I noticed I have three holes on the driver side and one on the passenger side where bolts would be & they look to be the same size (10mm). The picture is driver side... passenger side hole is the same as the one on the right, closest to the cowl.

bolts_LI.jpg
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Would there be any reason why there appears to be bolts missing alongside the hood? I noticed I have three holes on the driver side and one on the passenger side where bolts would be & they look to be the same size (10mm). The picture is driver side... passenger side hole is the same as the one on the right, closest to the cowl.

bolts_LI.jpg
Not sure but i used them to mount a bracket haha

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
With the different engine setups, current and future, I wouldn't be surprised that there are numerous other empty bolt holes in addition to those.
Maybe it's for the Hemi engines.

They would seem to serve some purpose... I’ve never seen this on any vehicle... it looks odd. I guess the blanks are nothing to be concerned about.

Thank you

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
So you also have them... that makes me feel better. What are you using them for?
I just used one on the passenger side to hold a bracket i made for a relay board. Was kinda glad they were there. Unsure what the real purpose of them is though

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Lol Don't crawl under it and look!! There are all kinds of mounting points looks like half of the Jeep is missing.

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Lol Don't crawl under it and look!! There are all kinds of mounting points looks like half of the Jeep is missing.
I noticed! When I swapped out the front bumper I saw a few scary eye-averting things underneath. It's like looking through one of those anatomy books with the clear pages so you can see all your own innards. You see something, and you're curious, but you'd rather...not...know...

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Every JK had two threaded holes in the last roll bar under the padding that was never used for anything during the entire production run. I used them for an aftermarket softtop.

Most likely Jeep engineered them for something that later didn’t pan out. Updating the engineering and manufacturing coding just to remove the vestigial holes is probably not worth the hassle and cost, so they just left it.

G0NCMND0

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Reviving an old thread here. Does anyone know the bolt specs for the missing bolts? I am looking to add a bracket as well and mounting it there. Thank you!

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Reviving an old thread here. Does anyone know the bolt specs for the missing bolts? I am looking to add a bracket as well and mounting it there. Thank you!
They're the same thread pattern as the other 10mm bolts... M6 x 1.0

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
The drivers side is where Grimm mounts their air chuck & switch bracket on their ARB Twin underhood mount kit. The passenger side I used to mount a fabricated bracket for the solenoid of Warn's Power Interrupt kit. These are just a few of many existing unused threaded inserts...Jeep making it easier for us to add goodies!

Sorry, just noticed the date on this old thread...