Sponsored

My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have a Steersmarts Yeti Pro (polyurethane bushings). It's big and clearance might be a problem for other aftermarket things like dampers. But it's as solid as they come.
Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Late to the post. That’s scary Daniel, glad nothing bad happened during your long trek this summer.

Not sure if they make a rear bar but I have had 0 issues in the past 12k from my Core4x4 front bar. It was affordable and quick shipping.

edit: they do https://www.core4x4.com/product/t3-j-jl-rtb1/

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Late to the post. That’s scary Daniel, glad nothing bad happened during your long trek this summer.

Not sure if they make a rear bar but I have had 0 issues in the past 12k from my Core4x4 front bar. It was affordable and quick shipping.

edit: they do https://www.core4x4.com/product/t3-j-jl-rtb1/
It was definitely a bit unnerving with a couple of side loading moves I had to make on shelf roads on that trip.

I ended up with the Rubicon Express. Being a daily, it was in stock and ready to ship. The price was 217 shipped and has two poly bushings instead of Johnny joints which is what I want for a high mileage driven vehicle. I hope it does the job and holds up 3 years, at least given the price.

To the credit of Teraflex, perhaps the robust build of the track bar saved our ass until I could find the problem. It only took 5 months to rack up 17k miles. We’re on the move! lol

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It was definitely a bit unnerving with a couple of side loading moves I had to make on shelf roads on that trip.

I ended up with the Rubicon Express. Being a daily, it was in stock and ready to ship. The price was 217 shipped and has two poly bushings instead of Johnny joints which is what I want for a high mileage driven vehicle. I hope it does the job and holds up 3 years, at least given the price.

To the credit of Teraflex, perhaps the robust build of the track bar saved our ass until I could find the problem. It only took 5 months to rack up 17k miles. We’re on the move! lol
Glad you found something quick.

We still need to do a Badlands or Redbird run with @mygreenkaw

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Glad you found something quick.

We still need to do a Badlands or Redbird run with @mygreenkaw
After all the mud I’m still digging out from the hard section of the DBBB, as long as it’s mostly dry.

What a headache. Looks like I’m gonna have to lay on the ground with the pressure washer to clean up the rear battery skid, driveshaft, and some other nooks here and there.

I can’t wait to get out west again.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
After all the mud I’m still digging out from the hard section of the DBBB, as long as it’s mostly dry.

What a headache. Looks like I’m gonna have to lay on the ground with the pressure washer to clean up the rear battery skid, driveshaft, and some other nooks here and there.

We could do it while it’s frozen 🥶

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I'm down for getting out, any of the suggested seem like good options. I had heard about DBBB before that looks like a good time. But yeah I'm not sure how I feel about getting buried in mud!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

The southwest has been pretty dry this year. We've had a day or two of rain, but not drenching rain. Besides, we're mostly sand out in the deserts. It's dry almost when it stops raining. Actually, the desert sand is a hoot in the rain whether on 4 wheels or 2, or even on horseback. Lots of traction.
Sponsored