Sponsored

My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
BINGO. Exactly what I’m concerned about. That’s why they are there and need to stay there. Weird thing was before I found these missing yesterday, Friday I was walking out to the lot and wondered if the passenger side was sticking out further now. I cleaned the underside out yesterday after wheeling pretty hard a couple of weeks ago. I’ll be inspecting it more closely. I’ll start all over out of pocket before they touch my Jeep again.
May be pointing out the obvious but if you’re poking more to passenger it may be too late. Might be a good idea because the adjustable sleeve has to see if the adjuster sleeve still has usable threads on it to center you axle again. If you can’t do that those new bolts would be a waste.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
May be pointing out the obvious but if you’re poking more to passenger it may be too late. Might be a good idea because the adjustable sleeve has to see if the adjuster sleeve still has usable threads on it to center you axle again. If you can’t do that those new bolts would be a waste.
Yep. I’m anticipating that.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Glad you could make sense of the word salad I typed above. Good luck!

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
BINGO. Exactly what I’m concerned about. That’s why they are there and need to stay there. Weird thing was before I found these missing yesterday, Friday I was walking out to the lot and wondered if the passenger side was sticking out further now. I cleaned the underside out yesterday after wheeling pretty hard a couple of weeks ago. I’ll be inspecting it more closely. I’ll start all over out of pocket before they touch my Jeep again.
Just drop the D/A side, take the D/A apart and stick a paper towel into the clamp and rotate it around. Pull it out and look - if you see a bunch of metal slivers it's been wobbling and screwing up the threads. It does look like yours is fully in so it might be ok.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Just drop the D/A side, take the D/A apart and stick a paper towel into the clamp and rotate it around. Pull it out and look - if you see a bunch of metal slivers it's been wobbling and screwing up the threads. It does look like yours is fully in so it might be ok.
Good idea! Thank you.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
a great idea.
because in just a few thousand miles my previous Teraflex Track Bar Adjuster had wasted its threads (in spite of the adjuster lock bolts being tight), badly enough that there was enough free play when wiggling the steering wheel that Teraflex sent me a new track bar when they saw the video.
they say the new Track Bar has some design improvements, but we'll see; i don't have enough miles/time on it yet to be able to know for sure.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
So one of the only parts installs I farm out besides the locker and gear installs, they screw up and obviously either forget to install them or they backed off due to no thread locker.

Anyone have one of those bolts laying around to measure so I can run to Fastenal and do it right this time? I’m hoping the clamping area bolts are common to their rear adjustable track bar. It’s the weekend and nobody is answering at the manufacturer, NR4x4, or Quadratec.

Man, that was way back in July and thousands of miles ago! Reputable shop….I still should’ve checked.

2404B303-D8CF-42B3-892B-BB3EEA433262.jpeg

08837459-808A-47B3-850D-18E628070398.jpeg
DadJokes, did you get this resolved? If not, reach out to us and we can help you out. The specs on those bolts if anyone needs them is "12 Point, Grade 10.9, M10 X 1.25 X 35MM"

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
DadJokes, did you get this resolved? If not, reach out to us and we can help you out. The specs on those bolts if anyone needs them is "12 Point, Grade 10.9, M10 X 1.25 X 35MM"
I called tech and ordered a set. I plan to inspect the track bar, adjust, and install the bolts….with thread locker! lol

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well, inspecting what I could, the little Allen head set screw was stripped out. That meant I could not remove the rod end but given that the end was moving vertically so much inside the adjuster sleeve (which itself threads into the forging) as much as it was, I think it’s time for a new track bar. So my Jeep and daily driver is down.

I wish I’d of kept the stock track bar but who would have thought something so simple would be done incorrectly. I “think” the coating might have just held up to a loose install of the bolts because I think I see depression in the flats where the bolt’s underhead would have made contact but maybe it was just hand tightened? No matter, no thread locker remnants were in the threads. That’s always a crusty mess. I only found dirt.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Well, inspecting what I could, the little Allen head set screw was stripped out. That meant I could not remove the rod end but given that the end was moving vertically so much inside the adjuster sleeve (which itself threads into the forging) as much as it was, I think it’s time for a new track bar. So my Jeep and daily driver is down.

I wish I’d of kept the stock track bar but who would have thought something so simple would be done incorrectly. I “think” the coating might have just held up to a loose install of the bolts because I think I see depression in the flats where the bolt’s underhead would have made contact but maybe it was just hand tightened? No matter, no thread locker remnants were in the threads. That’s always a crusty mess. I only found dirt.
So what are you going to buy to replace it?

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
So what are you going to buy to replace it?
I’m open to suggestions but it needs to be in stock, no clearance issues, and I’d prefer rubber bushings. I need to order quick.

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Rusty’s has an economical one. The Rubicon Express is at the top of the range for me this go round. I barely need adjustability.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Rusty’s has an economical one. The Rubicon Express is at the top of the range for me this go round. I barely need adjustability.
Look at RPM - they seems well priced for what you get.

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Look at RPM - they seems well priced for what you get.
I hope the Rubicon Express is good to go. I had to get something on the way. I ran into issues finding one that has the adjustment range for stock height. I didn’t want spherical rod ends either.
Sponsored