2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Moosh67

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (ordered 2/26/18)
I've been torn between the Brilliant White and Sting Gray because white looks phenomenal; especially on the beach. I only ordered Sting Gray because I wanted something different. I'm still waiting on my order; I hope it looks, at least, just as good as yours.
Thank you! Yours will look just as great!!
Sponsored

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
My god daughter and her family live in Windermere. Maybe we can all have a reunion to compare notes!
Definitely let me know if y'all are ever down this way. Windermere is only 20 miles from me!

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
I stopped by a jeep dealer today, because the jeep site said they had a jeep matching my exact order except for color. So i figured what the hell if i get a great deal i'll buy it. I just happened to run into the sales manager and asked him about the jeep. He said it was a customer order from jan. and just came in, I told him yeah i ordered in Feb. and was still waiting. He said and i quote " yeah jeep built the 4 drs first cause thats where the money is". Then as i was leaving jeep called to say my build dates is july 2. So depending which jeep source i want to believe im either in D D1 or KZ awaiting shipment.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just called and was told I'm in framing!!!! It's finally happening for me!

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
For those who have ordered recently, how long are you seeing for 2 door rubicons with premium soft tops?

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Here is my time line, that I will be updating in future posts to this tread:
6/09/18 Sat: Ordered at dealer (2-Door Billet Silver, 3.6L, Auto Trans, Prem ST, almost loaded, no HT, PST or TRMS)
6/11/18 Mon: Changed OWL tires to BSW
6/13/18 Wed: Dealer put in order. Only after I requested my POC and VON did it got done.
6/13/18 Wed: Jeep chat confirmed VIN and D status, with an estimated 21 days in this status
6/22/18 Friday: Jeep Care call confirmed it had been D1 status for 1 day, with an estimated 28 days in this status. Also emailed dealer, they replied (with a confirming screen shot of their "system") that the estimated ship date was 7/3/18. They also stated shipping time would be 3 weeks.
I hope you are lucky, as some late orders progressed faster than earlier ones. I would not hold my breath, hate to tell you but Jeep Care and the rest cannot be trusted, and more often than not they are in accurate. If you have followed this forum, you’ll see some remaining December/January orders were told 6-8 weeks, and they’re still waiting. At the same time, some April/May orders have been delivered.
Just enjoy planning, be very patient, and hopefully you’ll be pleasantly surprised when it arrives!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
After waiting for months to even place my order, now the real wait begins. Hella Yella just became available for order today & just hung up from my dealer! Order sucessful! Tick, tick...
Finally! Sure took them long enough, we will be going into 2019 orders soon! Congrats! Looking forward to photos!

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
image.jpeg
Finaly got mine ordered 12/7 hopefully everyone gets theirs soon. Worth the wait.
Congrats Gary! We have the same order date-I'm going to take that as a good omen. Have a fantastic weekend in that beast!

Sponsored

JeepVirgin

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
At the beach last night

20180621_164431.jpg
Beautiful pic, I'm envious. I live on the bald-faced prairies! lol Good news is my Jeep is supposed to hit this small prairie town tomorrow - woo hoo!! As I've said before, barring any train derailments, I should be picking up my Jeep next week.

sunol

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler
Ordered hardtop Rubicon on 2/1 and picked it up this week. Happy with it after a week of driving and no regrets on the purchase (or wating) to replace my TJ. Still breaking it in and no off roading yet, but I have to say I've been blown away by the turning radius. I mean, I expected all the nice amenities compared to the TJ, but the maneuverability is awesome. Only downside is slightly wider than the TJ, but everything else is better. I certainly expected the turning radius to be better than my buddy's 4-door JK, but it is also way better than my 2-door TJ or frankly any other vehicle I've owned in a long time (from memory, my Datsun 510 was pretty good too :))
Anyway, no issues so far. No unexpected noise from the Freedom top or whatever. Been looking for manufacturing defects given the wait and rumors, but none found. I bought my TJ new 19 years ago. I hope to keep the JL that long.

IMG_4849.JPG IMG_5263.JPG IMG_9172.JPG IMG_7371.JPG

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Well prep apparently meant drive the Jeep for 5 miles and test the buttons.

Had a great time giving Ryan a hard time about the wait and asking for more kick backs. It all went smooth except for an odd bit of plastic that no one knew where it came from.

Everything looked top notch.

Had to add one bit before driving home. :)

20180622_182742.jpg
20180622_183246.jpg
20180622_190930.jpg
Sponsored