Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I think it looks pretty cool.... I say make it the way you want to that’s what makes us all different.
Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Looks good, post up some pics when the lift is on.

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Do your truck the way you want to...I dont ashere to “your” rules...I make my own...
Absolutely! Although I'm into off-roading myself, I get very tired of all the folks who insist that you must be a hard-core off-roader in order to buy and customize a Rubicon!

mcmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU Granite Metallic
Occupation
SuBourbon Socialite
FC94478F-C68B-4B1F-88AD-31FAA4069156.jpeg
0ADCD4F9-9A3A-47DC-A325-993F71820E02.jpeg
82862EAD-3363-4474-9146-94C445C836E3.jpeg
FC94478F-C68B-4B1F-88AD-31FAA4069156.jpeg 0ADCD4F9-9A3A-47DC-A325-993F71820E02.jpeg 82862EAD-3363-4474-9146-94C445C836E3.jpeg Here is project “Mall Crawler”....2018 Jeep JLU full loaded with 22x14 in American Trux and 22x13.5 AMP Mud Terrain Tires...Go Rhino spare tire relocator, Rough Country (Ill never rock climb ot it so no need in spendimg $1500)...2.5 Spacer lift goes on this weekend...I had to take the front bumper extentions off and I still get rub a little before full turn...People have been going crazy about this truck and I love it...

Do your truck the way you want to...I dont ashere to “your” rules...I make my own...
What did you Do with your stock Rubi wheels and tires?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JusADudefromDetroit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ...2018 Rubicon JL...1968 Camaro convertible
Yikes, at least get enough sidewall to clear the curbs
Excuse me...Obviously you’re just typing and commenting to project your own internal issues...Those are 37’s my friend..They have plenty of side wall...

OP
OP
JusADudefromDetroit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would hate everyone to have the same Jeep as me. I love lots of Jeeps i would never own myself.

I just think what you did to your Jeep is awful. I'm entitled.
Absolutley...You are...And I’m cool with that...
Looks good, post up some pics when the lift is on.
I will it looks good but I don’t like the ride with the rough country so it’s coming out...I just gotta figure out what’s going in it and I’m gonna go a little taller...I’m still getting a little rub on the rock sliders at full lock...It’s not bad but I don’t want any rub plus the rock sliders are coming off and a motorized AMP research (I hope) power step is going in...

OP
OP
JusADudefromDetroit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely! Although I'm into off-roading myself, I get very tired of all the folks who insist that you must be a hard-core off-roader in order to buy and customize a Rubicon!
You know...It’s just shows that people always think that their way is the right way or only way....IM LAUGHUNG SO HARD...I’m like dude, your wife is ugly as fuck, so you’re telling me that my wife should look like yours too.......Fuck outta here......

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations. That is just awful.

But it ain't my Jeep so enjoy it!
LOL!

To each his own!!! Not my style but then again, not my ride. Whatever floats your boat! I'm waiting to see if anyone lowers one, I don't even know if that's possible. If I see that I may go over and pee on it but only if no one is looking.

Sponsored

mcmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU Granite Metallic
Occupation
SuBourbon Socialite
I still have them...I’m going to put 37 in tires on the stock wheels for winter though...
I keep waiting for someone in my Detroit area to say they have new Rubi KO2s and Rubi wheels for sale at a fair price for my Sahara i have ordered.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
LOL!

To each his own!!! Not my style but then again, not my ride. Whatever floats your boat! I'm waiting to see if anyone lowers one, I don't even know if that's possible. If I see that I may go over and pee on it but only if no one is looking.
I have seen plenty of lowered Jeeps out racing on a frozen lake here in the mountains. Not anything new, but CJs and YJs. They look ridiculous but I guess they are functional if you are into ice racing, which I am not.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Excuse me...Obviously you’re just typing and commenting to project your own internal issues...Those are 37’s my friend..They have plenty of side wall...
Tire size is not an indication of sidewall size when your wheels are large enough to get curb rash

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yeah, you know I appreciate to love...And some people love to hate...It doesn’t bother me a bit...The funny thing is I went to an off-road Jeep event where we were allowed to text these vehicles (a very amateur setting) but we were all blown away with the abilities of these trucks...I will be taking it off road but nothing that will really challenge/damage the truck...I have since add the rough country 2.5 in lift and I’m trying to figure out how to mount this big ass spare the Go Rhino spacer is for a traditional rim not a rim with 3in of negative backspacing...I love the look of the lift but not the ride...It’s looking like I’ll be buying something much more expensive......This is why I should’ve never started with this jeep...
A spacer lift shouldn't affect your ride quality. Did you drive it stock much before install to compare? It may not have been done properly. With those tires though, you're probably going to need more lift anyway. I'm not sure how much you should expect as far as ride quality goes with a ridiculous vehicle like this. Wrangler's are rough as hell from the get-go.

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Tire size is not an indication of sidewall size when your wheels are large enough to get curb rash
Have to agree with @JusADudefromDetroit on this one: that's plenty of sidewall to get over curbs at the mall. Once he gets the lift on there, I'll bet he can tackle the toughest malls Detroit has to offer!
Sponsored